This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Adventure Time with Mario and Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games.

#491Mistress_Zelda_Posted 4/3/2014 4:07:22 PM
FvP posted...
It's one of, if not, the hardest biology class here. Labs are usually seen as taking another class, but Mol. Genetics and P. Chem labs are like adding a 20-hour/week part time job.

The teacher who usually teaches it is on sabbatical and he said whoever it is will be easier. I heard rumors of who is teaching it, and I've had her before. It will probably be equivalent, because those two professors are super nice but hard.

My profs want us to die. I'm almost positive. That's how bad the class is here. They put crud on the exam that we NEVER talked about and expect us to know what the heck they're talking about.

I hope you have a better experience than I'm having right now. I'm just hoping for a C. @_@
---
And I know it is totally crazy to dream I find romance,
But for the first time in forever, at least I've got a chance!
#492FvPPosted 4/3/2014 4:13:14 PM
colormecrazy posted...
move ecology down to the next timeslot and you have two perfect schedules

Not offered. I would if I could, but that's the only lecture time slot
---
FvP | falco_vs_peach | *^*"The Shinies" Member*^* | Adventure Time Member
PBWSB PDPSB /pdpsb/ PBWSB User Tournament Winner: DiabIo
#493Jubilation_LeePosted 4/3/2014 5:30:09 PM
colormecrazy posted...
i think you're confusing what sjw's did with it and what disney intended bruh

All of the promotion here was about how it is pro-women and girl powerz.
---
I am the one and only
Nobody I'd rather be
#494colormecrazyPosted 4/3/2014 5:38:41 PM
then your interpretation and the rest of the planet's interpretation of the promotion was different

not exactly disney's fault there
---
Every thousand years, this metal sphere ten times the size of Jupiter floats just a few yards past the Earth.
http://i.imgur.com/6iJV1H9.jpg
#495brawl__08Posted 4/3/2014 5:44:03 PM
Jubilation_Lee posted...
-They were only protecting Elsa the other one was free to leave. She might want to talk to her sister but she can go get some fresh air surely.
-How does he sell ice in the winter then? There's even less demand.
-He was in charge and the other two weren't coming back. The villagers had accepted him and denounced the queen.

- Both were being kept in for their own safety. Anna was still royalty and many were suspicious about why the king and queen shut themselves off. Letting her run out and do whatever she wanted wouldn't have been a safe move.
- Why do you think it was Winter, exactly?
- What makes you think he knew the other two weren't coming back? Also what exactly would he do, let the snowstorm keep raging on?

-He didn't need to be alive. She could have just found the snowman, looked at it in silence and stuck a carrot on it. Would have been a much more powerful scene. Instead their bond is manifested as a hateful JarJar character.
-How did she bring sticks to life for his arms?

-Hardly JarJar tier seeing as JarJar was a goofy f***er who appeared in a way more serious and established environment. Olaf was also a demonstration of how powerful she could be with creating life via her magic.
-I think he just mostly wobbled his arms around enough to make it seem like he had real arms. Otherwise you can just run with suspension of disbelief considering how minor that is.

-I assumed they were using the phrase "curse" in the way angsty comic characters do? "Wah wah I'm cursed to be super powered, etc"
-If it is an actual curse placed on her, then why? Who did it? How? For what purpose would you curse someone to be Iceman?

-You could see it as the power itself being a curse due to people not really sure how to handle them. Either way, it was something she was born with and nobody could really explain what it was exactly, so most people would fear the power (much as people would fear witches). The aspect of it being an unknown entity (for the most part) runs with the plot of people not knowing how to handle it and reacting in different ways to it.

-They tell us Elsa can't save Anna, they set Kristoff up as having a character arc with a payoff. It doesn't deliver because they suddenly pull out of their ass that Elsa can fix it after all. It's a poor plot twist and wastes our time.
-In fact Kristoff actually damages the plot by being there because after berating us for being silly and thinking Hans was Anna's true love and telling us they can't be because they've just met; they throw her together with Kristoff after she has known him literally a few hours longer.
5 seconds = not love. 5 hours = its love!
And yeah, other Disney movies have love at first sight, but they don't insult us by telling us it's not real in the same film.

-The idea that only Kristoff could do anything there was something set up by mistake from other characters that they went along with because it actually did sound like it could work. You're not just mad that you fell for a twist that at least in hindsight was pretty clear, are you? "Oh, if Elsa can't do anything, then clearly Kristoff has to!" without considering that Anna herself could do something. It's almost like you wanted her to do nothing with how much you talk about Kristoff like some madass MRA.
-They said Anna couldn't just marry a guy she met. She never married Kristoff. Pretty consistent.
---
http://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/Brawl08.gif
#496brawl__08Posted 4/3/2014 6:05:16 PM(edited)
-Not sure what you're getting at. Flynn saves Rapunzel, Flynn dies, Rapunzel saves Flynn.
-Rapunzel is her prized possession. It's counterproductive to have her in ill health by just chaining her up and being mean to her. This is even explained, she's always on about how she doesn't want her harmed.

-The whole thing with the tears, now there's a real ass twist that came out of nowhere.
-She wouldn't have to just keep her chained in. Since Rapunzel would have literally no knowledge of what life was like on the outside, you can pretty much take away the idea of being free from her with harsher treatment to her in her childhood, but Gothel never does that. She tries to play a role like a nice mother when there's no need for her to do so.

-The whole film is heavily marketed and praised for being pro-feminism. Simply google to prove me right.
If your big feminist masterpiece has to set up a guy hero then say "LOL HE'S NOT THE HERO, WATCH THIS" then pull his moment out from under him and try to make us be surprised that he wasn't needed because women, then it's just smug and not clever.
I actually liked Kristoff and I felt bad that his story went nowhere. Aside from him knowing a troll, you can remove him from the script entirely and the entire thing still works as long as she meets the reindeer. I would have preferred this to getting beaten around the head with poor writing.

Literally everything I see when I google that is s*** that SJWs say. Nothing about Disney. None of the trailers say anything about big strong feminism girl power. None of the posters do that. If it were that simple, surely you would've actually linked something.

colormecrazy posted...
wut

i think you're confusing what sjw's did with it and what disney intended bruh

Okay, good, so I'm not imagining that he's just pulling that out of his ass..
---
http://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/Brawl08.gif
#497Jubilation_LeePosted 4/3/2014 6:33:09 PM
colormecrazy posted...
then your interpretation and the rest of the planet's interpretation of the promotion was different

not exactly disney's fault there

They were literally telling us that was what the film was about whilst promoting it on chat shows and s***, m8.

brawl__08 posted...

- Both were being kept in for their own safety. Anna was still royalty and many were suspicious about why the king and queen shut themselves off. Letting her run out and do whatever she wanted wouldn't have been a safe move.
- Why do you think it was Winter, exactly?
- What makes you think he knew the other two weren't coming back? Also what exactly would he do, let the snowstorm keep raging on?

Do they not have a garden?
How does he sell it in winter if there being ice hurts his business. For that matter, it's f***ing Scandinavia or some s*** so there is literally snow the whole year anyway.
If he thought they were coming back why would he have to go and see if they were?

brawl__08 posted...

-Hardly JarJar tier seeing as JarJar was a goofy f***er who appeared in a way more serious and established environment

Just as unwanted.

brawl__08 posted...

-You could see it as the power itself being a curse due to people not really sure how to handle them. Either way, it was something she was born with and nobody could really explain what it was exactly, so most people would fear the power (much as people would fear witches). The aspect of it being an unknown entity (for the most part) runs with the plot of people not knowing how to handle it and reacting in different ways to it.

They literally just couldn't be bothered to explain it. It serves as an exercise in frustration when it could be dealt with in a single sentence.

brawl__08 posted...
-The idea that only Kristoff could do anything there was something set up by mistake from other characters that they went along with because it actually did sound like it could work. You're not just mad that you fell for a twist that at least in hindsight was pretty clear, are you? "Oh, if Elsa can't do anything, then clearly Kristoff has to!" without considering that Anna herself could do something. It's almost like you wanted her to do nothing with how much you talk about Kristoff like some madass MRA.

I didn't fall for anything. As I already said, its obvious who the hero will be because they are the main character. It is just massively pointless to waste our time by shoving the Kristoff as hero stuff down our throats. It does nothing but insult our intelligence for thinking it's a clever twist when it isn't and leaves Kristoff in the same place development wise as when he started.

brawl__08 posted...

-The whole thing with the tears, now there's a real ass twist that came out of nowhere.
-She wouldn't have to just keep her chained in...

Hear me out, but why wouldn't she have magical eyelashes?
I dunno, dude. Gothel isn't shown to be outright evil, just incredibly scared of getting old.

brawl__08 posted...
Literally everything I see when I google that is s*** that SJWs say. Nothing about Disney...

Promotion here is mostly done by going on shows and telling us to watch your movie and why.
---
I am the one and only
Nobody I'd rather be
#498NebulaBluePosted 4/3/2014 6:42:21 PM
requesting final poster to include cute pictures in their post

thank you,
neb
#499colormecrazyPosted 4/3/2014 7:18:22 PM
Preventing some gooby double posting.
---
Every thousand years, this metal sphere ten times the size of Jupiter floats just a few yards past the Earth.
http://i.imgur.com/6iJV1H9.jpg
#500DiabIo(Topic Creator)Posted 4/3/2014 7:23:56 PM
only the diab is allowed the final post
http://i.minus.com/i8Q3mSmMjdbWs.gif
---
Call me Dimentio or Diab(lo). http://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/Dimentio.gif
Winner of the first Pokemon Black and White Social Board user tournament.