This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Adventure Time with The Dosk and Feminists. (Adventure Time #39)

#61IraEskinsPosted 4/11/2014 9:29:42 AM
NebulaBlue posted...

btw does anyone know how to get better PS themes/avatars? the defaults are pretty ass

Why, with money in the Store, of course. Seriously. I believe it's $0.49 (USD) for avatars and anywhere from $1.99 to 3.99 for the themes (the dynamic ones are the higher-priced ones).

I think there might be a few free ones on there, as well. But as they say, you get what you pay for. :\
---
"You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb s***s? Now you know why he built that bomb."
#62Mistress_Zelda_Posted 4/11/2014 10:05:57 AM
Also Brawl, when I saw footage in the new Smash direct that showed the newFinal Destination, I could have sworn it looked like the last section of W101 when you fight Jergingha in space. That being said, I hope you can unlock this song for that stage:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvHKxnMv04k

That song is literally perfect for Smash. :D Wonder Red/The Wonderful Ones will probably be an Assist Trophy...but I'm gonna continue hope that he/they get in as playable characters. Just like I'm still holding on to my hope that Professor Layton and/or Phoenix Wright will get in. ;-; EVEN JUST AS ASSIST TROPHIES

Also, on the subject of awesome Nintendo game music...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss421nbCAJE

This is easily one of my favorite video game songs of 2014. It's bold and risky, just like the level itself, which is, probably one of my favorite levels in a platformer EVER. Same with Frosty Fruits and Fruity Factory.

Tropical Freeze is a breath of fresh air. They really tried hard to make every level memorable and David Wise did an amazing job with the music! :D
---
And I know it is totally crazy to dream I find romance,
But for the first time in forever, at least I've got a chance!
#63colormecrazyPosted 4/11/2014 10:23:45 AM
Purugly posted...
everyone can hold multiple personas instead of just yu and minato now

persona Q confirmed for P1 and P2 fan-pandering

Yeah I don't like that part. It's basically Pokemon now.

Purugly posted...
also blaze, http://www.aniplexusa.com/p3m/
rev up those shekels and bend over, goy

I would bring shame upon my ancestors and King David were I to buy this at full price.

You're forgetting your roots, Neberg.
---
Where are you going to be? Where will you spend eternity?
http://i.imgur.com/9FPR1Vw.jpg http://i.imgur.com/6iJV1H9.jpg
#64DiabIo(Topic Creator)Posted 4/11/2014 6:45:19 PM
colormecrazy posted...
Purugly posted...
everyone can hold multiple personas instead of just yu and minato now

persona Q confirmed for P1 and P2 fan-pandering

I'm not seeing the similarities. Like, at all. I don't mind you not caring for the mechanic but I legit don't see how that makes it Pokemon.

figured i'd let everyone know that i finally got my laptop back
unrepaired because the guy was useless

so i tried to fix it myself
and failed
so I'm using a desktop now. So I'll be posting more, most likely. And I'll probably get to those vocaroo bios finally. Probably.

Just wanted to say that the 4/8 Direct was the hypest s*** I've seen in my life. Love the new ZSS design I don't really see the problem with her getting prettier. Literally everyone in Kerfuffle looks better than they did in Brawl, both males and females. Like damn, why does no one comment on how freaking pretty Marth is now? Mega Man's final smash is probably the greatest thing I've seen in my entire life, real talk. When I saw it, I almost got as hype as he did when he was revealed. I screamed my head off at the pure handsomeness of it all.

This pretty much sums up my reaction when first seeing it perfectly: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=1jgC1NYmbzs#t=34

Like...damn, that's just f***in' dope beyond words. I'm a little disappointed at the true homie Zero being absent but I totally get why he isn't there (technically not a Mega Man), but still. The detail is completely amazing, and the pure look of anger and hatred on Mega Man's face...that's like the cultimation of him bottling up the feelings he has from the abuse and neglect he's suffered. Sakurai knew what he was doing with that Final Smash, and damn do I thank him for it.

Charizard coming back and being split from PT was a bit unexpected but fine with me. I hated the stamina gimmick and he and Squirtle were the only two Pokemon I even used. Wasn't expecting Greninja at all, but I'm pretty cool with his inclusion. He was easily the best rep for Gen 6 and he looks fun as hell to play. Sure we already have a ninja in Sheik, but Greninja seems to be bringing some new stuff to the table. More acrobatics, and less kick-y stuff. The direct made me realize just how many characters I really want to play as. Right now, I'm really looking at Mega Man (ofc), Little Mac, Rosalina, Greninja, Sheik, ZSS, Captain Falcon (was my brawl main despite the nerf he got, I know he's coming back), Pit, and hell, even Wii Fit Trainer seems interesting. I'll also main Palutena when she's announced.
---
Call me Dimentio or Diab(lo). http://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/Dimentio.gif
Winner of the first Pokemon Black and White Social Board user tournament.
#65NebulaBluePosted 4/11/2014 8:28:29 PM(edited)
IraEskins posted...
Why, with money in the Store, of course. Seriously. I believe it's $0.49 (USD) for avatars and anywhere from $1.99 to 3.99 for the themes (the dynamic ones are the higher-priced ones).

I think there might be a few free ones on there, as well. But as they say, you get what you pay for. :\

what

damn it ._. i hate spending money

why are you doing this to me, sony

i've been your most loyal customer for decades

colormecrazy posted...

If PQ does it at all like P1 (P1 encouraged assigning characters Personas based on their arcana; assigning Personas randomly was tactically unwise), I won't mind it much.

I better not see Aigis with the ****ing wild card, though. That **** did not happen yet.

I would bring shame upon my ancestors and King David were I to buy this at full price.

You're forgetting your roots, Neberg.

Oy vey, Blazenblat. You know who else didn't like paying exorbitant prices for anime DVDs and blu-rays?

Hitler.

DiabIo posted...
so I'm using a desktop now. So I'll be posting more, most likely. And I'll probably get to those vocaroo bios finally. Probably.

finally ;_; the diab has returned full-time to friday night AT

Mega Man's final smash is probably the greatest thing I've seen in my entire life, real talk. When I saw it, I almost got as hype as he did when he was revealed. I screamed my head off at the pure handsomeness of it all.

tfw mega man saves the wiiu, impressing capcom enough to make new games*

*on actual consoles, Xover doesn't count

also, rate the neb's tomoko purchase/10 http://i.minus.com/iQlbyv54M4pQU.jpg

i've been waiting for this since july

and now it's here

and all is as it should be
#66brawl__08Posted 4/13/2014 2:51:24 PM
Mistress_Zelda_ posted...
Also Brawl, when I saw footage in the new Smash direct that showed the newFinal Destination, I could have sworn it looked like the last section of W101 when you fight Jergingha in space. That being said, I hope you can unlock this song for that stage:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvHKxnMv04k

That song is literally perfect for Smash. :D Wonder Red/The Wonderful Ones will probably be an Assist Trophy...but I'm gonna continue hope that he/they get in as playable characters. Just like I'm still holding on to my hope that Professor Layton and/or Phoenix Wright will get in. ;-; EVEN JUST AS ASSIST TROPHIES

I'm expecting that song to be in somewhere. Sakurai can't disappoint on SOME form of W101 rep.

Also third party assist trophies aren't happening unless they're related to Mega Man or Sonic. Getting the rights for Layton just to be an Assist Trophy would be pointless. Phoenix is slightly more feasible due to Capcom owning him and Mega Man but still slim.

colormecrazy posted...

From what I understand, Persona Q is being done by the Etrian Odyssey team, so the gameplay is more or less the same as it is there.
---
http://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/Brawl08.gif
#67brawl__08Posted 4/13/2014 7:08:01 PM
some loser is gonna be writing up a thing on awakening soon

just a heads up
---
http://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/Brawl08.gif
#68PuruglyPosted 4/13/2014 7:08:22 PM
but i hate awakening :(
#69DiabIo(Topic Creator)Posted 4/13/2014 7:19:01 PM
Beat that challenge run of Awakening. Overall, it was pretty enjoyable. Got pretty hard on some select chapters (which I'll specify in a bit), but it was doable.
Rundown of Chapters past 16:

17 (Fort Steiger): Annoying, but not as annoying as 16. Reinforcements were preventable, but the beginning was the hardest. I had to reset a lot to get everything to go right, and then I had to make sure I didn't f*** up.

18 (Demon's Ingle): Not TOO bad; in fact, the thing that gave me the most trouble was Yen'fay, and it was mostly bad luck. Like, 3 times I should've killed him, but he pulled some bulls*** and used Astra on poor Donnel and killed him. Or in one case, I f***ed up and forgot he had Vantage, and had him attack a weakened Donnel who otherwise would've killed him if he attacked first.

19 (Outside Castle Valm): Not too bad, in fact, this only took me a few tries. Walhart was a behemoth of an enemy, but taking him out with Diabman, Chrom, and Lissa (who I married, btw), made it tolerable. Otherwise, preventable reinforcements, and the enemies weren't too bad. No Warriors with Counter to ruin my day, at least.

20 (Castle Valm): I was initially terrified of this chapter but tbh I legit beat it on my second try. Just formed a wall with Chrom/Diabman/Lissa/Donnel/Tharja for the middle, and just had other units go around the side. Couldn't get to a few chests, but it was either try and get them or get a unit killed by Walhart. Which I wasn't going to allow. I got the important chests and I'll come back to get the other ones anyway.

21 (Plegia Castle): F*** this chapter. Ironic that the map with the best design is my most hated. I had to reset this map about 50 times, it was just so hard. The Sorcerers with Mire, the Assassins who were faster and as strong as 90% of my units, and had f***ing bows to kill my fliers, the Swordmasters who were literally faster than all my units, the Warriors...oy vey. I hated this mission, but I admit the map is a good map, but it's one flaw is the Sorcerers with Mire. They have horrible accuracy but love hitting you when you really don't want them too. I wish you could kill them; if you could the map'd be perfect. I had to sacrifice a chest that I stupidly forgot to get and sent Tiki back to get...but she almost got gangraped by reinforcements that I thought had stopped, but she survived. However, the units blocked the chest, and I couldn't save her. If I didn't kill the boss that turn, she would've died. So I did just that.

Chapter 22 (Deadlords): Not too hard, really. Not a lot to say, just had to carefully position my units and pick my battles correctly.

Chapter 23 (Validar): Not too bad, but annoying enough to make me reset a few times. Really, it's all about careful positioning and being able to block reinforcements. Of course, a bit of luck helps. I made sure to kill Assassins as they're the most annoying enemy type.

Chapter 24 (Mount Prism): Easy. Literally did it in 2 tries. Block reinforcements, keep units with supports adjecent, etc. Not much to say at all.

Chapter 25 (Before Grima): Not too too bad, did require a couple resets. You have to finish this map quickly before you get f***ed by reinforcements. Sorcerers with Mire were killed asap, as were the flying enemies. Not too bad but I did get screwed by Generals as reinforcements who decided to kill Olivia. This map is really bad with reinforcements; not only are most not preventable, they're not telegraphed at all.

Endgame: Honestly, didn't take me that many tries. I admit I got lucky though. My gameplan was to kill enemies around the perimeter to not get swarmed, then slowly approach and kill Grima's cronies. Grima was really strong, and tbh, I think I would've lost if Chrom didn't finish him off with Aether. But he did, and I won, so whatevs.

-more in next post-
---
#70DiabIo(Topic Creator)Posted 4/13/2014 7:22:40 PM
Records:
Bronze Medal: The Vaike
Silver Medal: Chrom
Gold Medal: Tharja

The differences in kills was rather minimal, but that's what the game says.

Awakening's flaws:
Weak map design. Half of Awakening's maps are in big open fields with little terrain, no chokepoints, no nothing. It's boring, unlike other FEs where most maps have something interesting going on, Awakening's don't. Awakening just thinks it's okay to do the following to make up for it.

Reinforcements. The way Awakening handled reinforcements is so god-awful, I can't take it in some cases. Reinforcements are sometimes blockable, which is tolerable, but it cuts your fighting force down. Reinforcements are sometimes not blockable, and you don't even know where they're coming from, which is just f***ing ridiculous. This wouldn't be a problem if they didn't move the turn they appeared. In other FEs, reinforcements are often telegraphed, blockable, and they don't move on the turn they spawn. This way, they're tolerable; they don't screw you over like Awakening does. You pretty much can build your strategy knowing they're going to arrive, instead of having to look up a guide to know exactly when they show up, unlike what I had to do in Awakening.

Awakening's next (and probably biggest flaw) is Pair Up. Giving you ridiculous stat boosts along with a high enough support, an extremely good chance at your ally hitting your opponent at full power, also able to proc skills and get critical hits? The fact that the game is designed around you at least getting dual strikes and/or grinding is ridiculous. Playing the game, I can assure you that without the Dual Strike mechanic, unless I decided to play on Casual mode or accept permadeath, (and even then with the latter), the game would be unbeatable. I like the concept of Pair Up, but it needs a serious nerf. The stat boosts need to be heavily diminished, and dual strikes shouldn't be at full power, and Dual Guard needs to either be completely removed, or have them only halve damage, or have them take the brunt of the hit, or something. Completely negating damage is just...no.

To be frank, Awakening's biggest problem is balance. It's either too easy or bulls*** hard in some cases. You pretty have to go against what the game wants to get a decent challenge out of it and even that's bulls*** in some ways as I've specified.

Awakening's good points do exist, and are plentiful, though.

+ The plot may be bad, but the writing is pretty damn nice in supports. Characters are some of the best the series has seen, and the Support system and general writing of it in FE:A is the best the series has seen.

+ The music is baller as hell. One of my favorite tracks: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUKr66uRS7M

+ The game looks good graphically (despite nofeet). Easily one of the best looking 3DS games.

+ The DLC maps are good, but having to pay for standard Fire Emblem quality maps is a little iffy. The DLC is fairly worth it though overall. Having the option to just blaze through and grind to your hearts content, is good for casuals and minmaxers alike.

+ The voice direction is generally pretty good (Though I wish more stuff was fully voiced). The critical quotes add a lot of character to the game, and some of them I never get tired of hearing.
>mfw hearing "HOW WELL WILL YOU DIE", "PICK A GOD AND PRAY", "LOOKS LIKE TEACH JUST GOT TENURE" and many others
http://i.minus.com/ibmj3lKYL5bQkZ.gif

Overall. FE: Awakening is a pretty good game, and while I complain about it being pretty unbalanced, it's still enjoyable. I still stick to my guns and say it's a good game, just a very lackluster Fire Emblem game in some aspects. 8-8.5/10, I think.
---