My drunj take on this Heat seaseon (#drunjtweets):
- I can't even be mad. I can only be mad if we lost to a team that I definitely felt was inferior. Spurs were just better, in most ways. Hell, West > East in most ways. I would not be terribly surprised if Vegas had the Clippers favored against Miami in the Finals. Note that they would have had homecourt advantage as well.
- Maybe career enders for Ray Allen and Shane Battier here. Even when he played for Boston I really had nothing bad to say about Ray Allen. I will always be thankful for his contributions to Miami. I may never again experience anything like his Game 6 three-point shot to force an elimination Finals game into overtime. As for Battier, I wish he didn't have to be such a streaky shooter late in his career, but he defintely saved our asses at least a few times. Goodnight, sweet Bat.
- Yuengling is sooo good, man. Best American beer, imo. I hope you folks try it, at least once.
- San Antonio. Like I said, just a great team. Rest of the guys already have enough championships for legacy, but I can't hate Popovich getting moar ringzzz because I like his dry sense of humor. Also, Kawaii Leonard. I've always enjoyed his game. I don't enjoy it coming at the expense of Miami but Kawaii is a hell of a player and at least he now has one championship in him. Along with a Finals MVP for Kawaii, desu. And Senpai. If someone can help me out with more Japanese terminology here I'd apreciate it. too drunj to do it atm tbh.
- It's been a hell of a four years. Two championships in four years... I can't really ask for more. I've been watching sportsball for a long time now and I can safely say that the only teams that come remotely close to me having so much vested (invested?) interest in are the early 2000's Miami Hurricanes American Football teams. Actually, it's not that close either. I never made it appointment viewing to watching Canes' football as I did with the Heat, despite the fact that regular season college football games are about one hundred times more important than NBA reg seasson games.
- If LeBron leaves Miami, I would be disappointed, but not angry or upset. Like, I said, two chaampionships in four seasons is great. Disappointing way to end, but still a great ride. If LeBron leaves, I hope those horrible Miami fans in lower-bowl of the AAA do not boo him whenever he returns. I dislike those fans. Can't even get an MVP chant going right, hmph.
-Anyway, it's been fun. Need a short break from sportsball for a while.
-Of course Ecuador has to give up the game-winning goal withless than two-minutes left in extra time. Because that's just heartbreaky enough. If you believe in sportsball god person, let it know to ease up on us Ecuadorian-South Floridian folk. I will get to my Santerķa practices in a moment. Haven't gotten around to the goat in some time.