This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Mega Lucario Moveset

#1joemygoodnessPosted 10/22/2013 2:51:16 AM
Hey guys! I'm about to start my team and I want to build it around Mega Lucario. I was thinking that the old "SD Luke" set would work even better with Lucario's Atk and Speed increased. Here's my potential moveset

Lucario@Lucarionite
Jolly

- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Close Combat
- Crunch/Extremespeed/Ice Punch/???

I really wanna use Bullet Punch over Extremespeed on this set since it hits Fairy pokemon for super effective damage, and Adaptibility makes it just as strong. Should I use two priority moves or one of them with Crunch (mainly to hit Aegislash)?

Also, I'm not as well versed in competitive battling as I'd like to be, so potential teammates would be helpful as well.
#2NalzindarPosted 10/25/2013 8:10:31 AM
Honestly, I prefer Adamant Lucarios. His good pool of priority moves usually take care of his speed.
---
In all honest,
Nalzindar the Wise
#3GoIdenAcePosted 10/25/2013 5:27:57 PM
I have mine as a mixed attacker (high sp atc and atc)

and the moveset is:

Me first
Dragon pulse
Close combat
Aura sphere
---
Anna's Official Husband | Going WiiU/PC this gen | making fanfic because reasons
Official holder of the Maximus Notebook | What I draw becomes real :3
#4joemygoodness(Topic Creator)Posted 10/26/2013 12:38:48 AM
GoIdenAce posted...

and the moveset is:

Me first
Dragon pulse
Close combat
Aura sphere

Interesting set, but I just don't want him to be set up fodder for Aegislash, since EVERYONE is running one now (or so I'm hearing). With SD and Crunch, at least he can't switch in and set up.
#5GoIdenAcePosted 10/26/2013 2:15:25 PM
joemygoodness posted...
GoIdenAce posted...

and the moveset is:

Me first
Dragon pulse
Close combat
Aura sphere

Interesting set, but I just don't want him to be set up fodder for Aegislash, since EVERYONE is running one now (or so I'm hearing). With SD and Crunch, at least he can't switch in and set up.

You need specific pokemon to counter aegislash, lucario isn't one of them
---
Anna's Official Husband | Going WiiU/PC this gen | making fanfic because reasons
Official holder of the Maximus Notebook | What I draw becomes real :3
#6ArkkanaPosted 10/26/2013 3:13:45 PM
-Swords Dance
-Close Combat
-Bullet Punch
-Extremespeed/Crunch/Ice Punch

I'd use Extremespeed to wipe out other faster priority users i.e Talonflame but that's just an recommendation.
If you don't have something to deal with Aegislash, I would use Crunch instead. Ice Punch is self-explanatory. With a speed of 112, you can wipe out practically any dragon.
---
"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few." - Spock
"The good times of today, are the sad thoughts of tomorrow." - Bob Marley