Books similar to The Kingkiller Chronicles?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Books and Literature
  3. Books similar to The Kingkiller Chronicles?
5 years ago#1
I was never big into reading high/epic fantasy books, but a friend lent me the two books available in this series. I absolutely love what I've read so far and was wondering what are some other book series or standalone books that are similar to this series and worth checking out.
5 years ago#2
There's a lot going on in Kingkiller, so... similar in what way?

To me, Lev Grossman's The Magicians had a similar feel to Kingkiller. Each story is fairly modular. Each involves, but is not entirely consumed by, a university setting. Each ultimately cares more about the protagonist than anything else in the story. But, The Magicians is closer to urban fantasy than epic fantasy.
FOR THE LUNDRAY!
"It's really big, but it's cursed."
5 years ago#3
and The Magicians was terrible, im sorry but it really was just boring and depressing.
my argonian hunting argonian will wear an argonian suit...
... his name will be silences-lambs-Stiks27 on Skyrim
5 years ago#4
Is there something wrong with you? Are you broken?
FOR THE LUNDRAY!
"It's really big, but it's cursed."
5 years ago#5
I think Robin Hobb's Farseer Trilogy has a similar feel and pacing. I'm not a huge fan of either though.
EndOfDiscOne
5 years ago#6
Am i broken? the whole series was about always wanting something and never quite getting it! it was intended to be depressing!

as for boring well i had an extremley hard time finishing it, parts were interesting like the Test to get in and the teacher in the ice but mostly BORING
my argonian hunting argonian will wear an argonian suit...
... his name will be silences-lambs-Stiks27 on Skyrim
  1. Boards
  2. Books and Literature
  3. Books similar to The Kingkiller Chronicles?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived