What stories are linked to The Dark Tower?

#1bhafc22Posted 10/28/2011 10:59:55 AM
I've read a few King books but The Dark Tower seems to link a lot of little things in with the story, I'm about 50 pages if that from the end of Wizard and the Glass so please no spoilers.

*spoilers up to where I am*

I've got;

The Stand - Dark Man, the fact they entered The Stands world, anything else about The Stand?

*end spoilers*

That's literally it, but I've heard there are a lot of them, and I'm going to read a few of the more heavily linked books after I've finished reading the series, I'm really really enjoying it by the way.
---
http://img812.imageshack.us/img812/8038/gullysgirlsgroupph68170.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/10/22/article-2052263-0E7D05CA00000578-415_634x478.jpg
#2crazyswordsPosted 10/28/2011 11:39:47 AM
Read Salem's Lot before book 5, and Hearts in Atlantis before 7.

Insomnia also fits in, as well as other smaller references. Those are the big ones, unless I'm missing anything.
---
When you walk through the garden, you better watch your back.
#3kangolconePosted 10/28/2011 12:15:21 PM
Be warned the below wikipedia page contains minor spoilers for both the dark tower series and the books themselves. However it also contains a list of the works with major and minor connections to the series.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_King_works_related_to_The_Dark_Tower_series
---
I speak the truth but I guess that's a foreign language to yall
#4kangolconePosted 10/28/2011 12:16:34 PM
kangolcone posted...
Be warned the below wikipedia page contains minor spoilers for both the dark tower series and the books themselves. However it also contains a list of the works with major and minor connections to the series.

If you don't want to go there for risk of being spoiled, just ask and I can write the list down in another post.
---
#5garanPosted 10/28/2011 4:00:50 PM
The major ones would include the already mentioned books, plus the Eyes of the Dragon. Also, there is a short story-- the Little Sisters of Eluria-- that acts as a minor prequel. It stars Roland before the beginning of book 1. Also, The Talisman & Black House are related, especially the ending of Black House.
#6SonofMetalGearPosted 10/28/2011 4:08:21 PM
None are linked to the Dark Tower except maybe for Salems Lot because of the preacher. That is it.
---
Technically been an original G member since 1998 before CJayC left
#7Damaged7Posted 10/31/2011 4:17:08 PM
Desperation has a tiny amount of DT stuff.

Insomnia definatly is linked to the DT.
---
Leafs > Habs Go Leafs Go
#8kangolconePosted 10/31/2011 6:44:26 PM
SonofMetalGear posted...
None are linked to the Dark Tower except maybe for Salems Lot because of the preacher. That is it.

This guy has zero clue what he's talking about.

At minimum, Salem's Lot, Hearts In Atlantis, and two short stories from Everything's Eventual (Little Sisters of Eluria and Everything's Eventual) are linked as they contain characters in the DT series.

Other books with major connections are: The Stand, The Talisman by Peter Straub (a King psuedonym), Crouch's End from Nightmares and Dreamscapes, The Mist from The Skeleton Crew, It, The Eyes of the Dragon, Insomnia, Rose Madder, Desperation, The Regulators, Bag of Bones, Blackhouse, From a Buick 8, and Ur. Each of these books or short stories contains major thematic elements, concepts, or sometimes characters from the DT series.
---
#9brokenfingersPosted 10/31/2011 7:22:13 PM
The Talisman by Peter Straub (a King psuedonym)

>_>

Peter Straub is a real person who writes very good books.

This book was written by Straub AND King.
---
For me, that philosophy reduces itself to: "I'm on board; pull up the lifeline."--Ebert on Rand
#10kangolconePosted 10/31/2011 7:58:46 PM(edited)
brokenfingers posted...
The Talisman by Peter Straub (a King psuedonym)

>_>

Peter Straub is a real person who writes very good books.

This book was written by Straub AND King.

Then what's the pen name king uses sometimes?

Edit: It's Richard Bachman is the fake name. I'm an idiot.
---