The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Why don't we have a new Young Justice topic?

#1XelltrixPosted 4/7/2012 9:20:58 AM
I mean, I know it's taken them forever to start it up again but there have been quite a few episodes and I want to talk about them darn it!
---
Reading this post may induce one or more of the following:
Nausea / Butt-Hurt / Lulz / UM? Syndrome / Angst / Diarrhea
#2RthanPosted 4/7/2012 9:24:53 AM
Unlike anime which gets weekly topics and tons of discussion during the episodes, it seems western cartoons dont get the same followers. Look at the MLP:FiM topic, half the posts are about images, and discussion not related at all to the current episode.

Heck during the time of the episodes no one posts, and only 3 or 4 posts by a few posters actually judge/evaluate the episode itself.

Its sad, cause I am the type that likes to talk about every cool scene in the episode, and with YJ I havent been able to do that, the last time I tried half the posts in the topic were mine, its pretty sad really ...
---
It took hundreds to kill me, but I killed lives by the thousands - Luca Blight
#3Xelltrix(Topic Creator)Posted 4/7/2012 9:29:30 AM
Been waiting over and over to see someone make a topic so I took initiative. <_< Actually, I should probably have put a spoiler tag... I wasn't thinking, blah.
---
Reading this post may induce one or more of the following:
Nausea / Butt-Hurt / Lulz / UM? Syndrome / Angst / Diarrhea
#4hydra_dragonPosted 4/7/2012 9:48:20 AM
I'd say it is because they switched times. I haven't seen any action shows since they moved everything to Saturday mornings. Unlike Friday Nights, everybody isn't up at like 7am. It kind of sucks.
---
Snitches are everywhere on GameFAQs
#5Dededeede DeededePosted 4/7/2012 9:48:47 AM
Watching this new episode occurred to me about a recurring element this series has, and how this episode is such a rarity in itself.

"Young Justice" is the polar opposite of "Teen Titans", and I don't just mean for the obvious reasons. "Teen Titans" always has that sense of triumph, watching these heroes overcome serious odds and beat the bad guys with no consequences episode by episode. Not the case for "Young Justice", which has the villains frequently showing the good guys they ain't push-overs; even when the good guys succeed in a mission, the villains still got the upper hand. If THREE YJ members manage to become moles, the team is doing something wrong.

Yea, this kind of formula does make for exciting entertainment, but it's startin' to get a bit annoying, since it made the team almost incompetent and unreliable (save for Kid Flash). That's why I thought this new episode was refreshing, because there WAS a moment for triumph for the team and there were no sleazy villainous behind-the-scenes happening.
---
[To sig or not to sig, that's the question]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v366/Delso/RPGgetawayplanV7.jpg
#6red255Posted 4/7/2012 9:50:04 AM
Because people who cared watched the show in portugese.

but its not polite to make topics about shows being released in portugese, so they didn't then, and they didn't now because the show has been out for a long time.

and topics would either have end series spoilers, or just rant about CN's decision to be stupid.
---
If the next one is called, because of his MO, the underwear bomber, you'll know I'm on to something. Calvin Trillin June 16, 2006.
#7SockoDeusPosted 4/7/2012 2:57:24 PM(edited)
So...is this the new discussion topic?
---
SuperNiceDog was here...
7Deuce is a loser
#8Sephiroth C RyuPosted 4/7/2012 3:49:44 PM
To be fair, their current treatment of the show is actually a step up. They air the entire DC Nation block twice a week, rather then just once. Which is a massive improvement over how they treat action since, well, whenever the last time they aired a DCAU action show more then once a week was.
---
I am the Hunter of Topics. My post never fails to kill its prey.
*pounces* Nyaa!
#9Sephiroth C RyuPosted 4/7/2012 3:56:24 PM
As for the lack of a topic, this board is "isolated."

Back when Teen Titans and Justice League was new and getting its big topic, that topic was actually on the Anime and Manga sub-board for TV broadcasting (the mods at the time allowed discussion of Toonami shows).

Since at the time anime was also shown on Toonami, fans of the whole lot tended to be all together there. As a sub-board, it was a mere click or two away from any other anime board as well, allowing easy navigation.

By comparison, this board is out in the boondocks. Its out alone in the special interest boards cluster. On a website mostly about games. Hell, if not for Toonami getting as many gamers into anime as it did, I doubt our anime boards would be as popular as they are.
---
I am the Hunter of Topics. My post never fails to kill its prey.
*pounces* Nyaa!
#10AceMosPosted 4/7/2012 9:08:21 PM
makes me think how i tried to get a monsuno ODT going its a ok show that id like to discuss once a week or so

but yea todays new young justice was a nice change of pace (thoe i dont like this "adiction" super boy is having with the power patches)

on the topic of the mole im guess ther is no mole at least on the young justice team im guess the mole is related to the justice leauge
---
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*