CN is screwing us over again or the Weisman curse is real because YJ is done now

#1brawl__08Posted 10/12/2012 8:18:22 PM
http://robpaulsenlive.com/episode-54-guests-jason-marsden/

Skip to 1:12:00. According to Jason Marsden, Young Justice is done when the season ends.

This does not bode well for Green Lantern.

I'm scared ;_;
---
http://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/Brawl08.gif
#2Catcher_FreemanPosted 10/12/2012 8:23:10 PM
Weisman curse.
---
Swagodile's alt.
#3AganarPosted 10/12/2012 8:31:03 PM
Weisman Curse.
---
http://www.last.fm/user/Aganar
#4DarkZerPosted 10/12/2012 8:33:05 PM
Wow, I feel sorry for Greg Weisman. He's one of the few people who actually tries and yet goes under appreciated. As opposed to over spoiled arrogant narcissistic prima dona losers like Genndy Tarwhatever that hack who gets endless praise when most of his work is mediocre as hell.

But back to Greg Weisman, to be fair its not the Greg Weisman Curse as people suspect. Word is that CN struggles with DC properties since even though they are owned by Warner Bros, they still need to pay royalties to get the license to the DC properties. Methinks the real trouble lies there. I still feel sorry for Greg though if this is the end of Young Justice. I wonder what he'll do for work.
#5brawl__08(Topic Creator)Posted 10/12/2012 8:43:46 PM
Weisman curse.

Weisman Curse.

Figured as much. Damn shame in any case.

But back to Greg Weisman, to be fair its not the Greg Weisman Curse as people suspect. Word is that CN struggles with DC properties since even though they are owned by Warner Bros, they still need to pay royalties to get the license to the DC properties. Methinks the real trouble lies there. I still feel sorry for Greg though if this is the end of Young Justice. I wonder what he'll do for work.

It's just a tad hard to believe because most DC shows tend to last for more than 2 seasons.

The only exceptions I can think of offhand are Zeta Project and Legion of Superheroes.

Look at every other DCAU show, The Batman, Teen Titans, Batman: The Brave and the Bold, whatever it may be, they lasted at least 3 seasons, with all of them rounding out to about 60 episodes or so.

On a potentially brighter note, Marsden's comment could be taken multiple ways. For example, it could mean that his role on the show will be over, like maybe Impulse will die or something.

That'd suck considering I generally tend to enjoy whatever character he voices (and Impulse is certainly no exception), but eh, at least the show would still have a chance. They'd have to announce it soon though. Really soon.
---
#6Stabby McGeePosted 10/12/2012 9:14:00 PM
brawl__08 posted...

It's just a tad hard to believe because most DC shows tend to last for more than 2 seasons.

The only exceptions I can think of offhand are Zeta Project and Legion of Superheroes.

Look at every other DCAU show, The Batman, Teen Titans, Batman: The Brave and the Bold, whatever it may be, they lasted at least 3 seasons, with all of them rounding out to about 60 episodes or so.

Most DCAU shows did not start on Cartoon Network, they were on WB, as were Teen Titans, The Batman, and Legion of Superheroes.

Only Justice League and Batman: The Brave and the Bold were on Cartoon Network.
---
A friend is just an enemy who doesn't have the guts to kill you.
#7brawl__08(Topic Creator)Posted 10/12/2012 9:20:52 PM
Most DCAU shows did not start on Cartoon Network, they were on WB, as were Teen Titans, The Batman, and Legion of Superheroes.

Wasn't thinking it'd matter much considering they're both owned by Time Warner, who should theoretically be able to come in and tell CN to stop f***ing around.

Still, Justice League and Brave and the Bold should be able to speak well enough. Teen Titans DID have quite a bit of history on CN too. For some reason I was thinking that Batman and Superman aired on CN for extended periods of time, but I think their airtimes were shorter than the rest.
---
#8pummy84Posted 10/12/2012 9:21:11 PM
Stabby McGee posted...
brawl__08 posted...

Pretty sure Teen Titans was on CN.
---
Currently Playing: Star Wars The Old Republic, Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness
#9MasterSpectrobePosted 10/12/2012 9:48:10 PM
pummy84 posted...
Stabby McGee posted...
brawl__08 posted...

Pretty sure Teen Titans was on CN.

This
---
"Super Saiyans playing children's card games in space"
http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/8537/superyuuma1.jpg
#10RogueJedi86Posted 10/12/2012 11:21:19 PM(edited)
This is stupid. YJ is so good, among the best DC cartoons ever, easily being worthy of and even exceeding the DCAU. But it's out this soon? I kept hoping the trendiness of the DC Nation Block would keep GLTAS and YJ afloat(especially if one does better than the other), but if they tank it and kill the block entirely, they can cancel both at once and not worry about the block.

How do you cancel this when it's so good? Saying you'll cancel quality because it didn't have ratings quantity just seems like it enforces the criticism that networks will air any crap so long as it has good ratings.

Maybe toys don't sell as well as they should, but it doesn't have to be about merchandise, and the longer it's on the greater the toy potential! Canceling it now sure wouldn't help future toys of the line! Canceling would reduce toy profits on that line to nothing!

So for our sakes, I hope we(or Jason Marsden) were/was mishearing something completely different!
---
"Every single Jedi, including your friend Obi-Wan, is now an enemy of the Republic. Do what must be done. Do not hesitate. Show no mercy."