Your reaction: Rarity is killed off MLP: FiM due to Internet haters

#1YoshiWii1Posted 8/9/2013 11:53:46 AM
After seeing so many spammers flamming hate comments about Rarity on every single MLP site. A representative from Hasbro sees all the chaos behind Rarity's hate. And they decide to kill her off the show? It's annoying me seeing all these hate speeches about Rarity! I like Rarity and its making me mad that people who have the nerve to say such vulgar extreme things about Rarity. I can't post them here because they are so inappropriate.

In the episode, after Sweetie Bell leaves for school with Applebloom and Scootaloo. Rarity goes to open Carousel Boutique. Then a few robber ponies break in the store and with Rarity screaming. Twilight Sparkle goes into the store to see Rarity and finds her dead. Twilight Sparkle informs Celestia that Rarity was found dead. Spike and Sweetie Bell are beyond devastated as Spikes biggest crush and Sweetie Bells beloved sister was taken from her! Celestia arranges a funeral for all of Ponyville for the fallen element of Generosity. Trixie later becomes Rarity's replacement for the rest of MLP. This would all happen all because of Internet haters!
---
Your old! Really? And your crazy! Get OUT!!!!!! Really!? Get out of my face! Mom!-Greatest Freakout Ever 25
#2ZeoDefenderPosted 8/9/2013 12:44:10 PM
Sigh.
---
"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets." - The Brigadier
#3raptornx01Posted 8/9/2013 1:36:17 PM
Odd since Rarity's popularity seems to have sky rocketed lately. according to hasbro she is winning the best pony poll. nightmare rarity and rarity vs a giant crab art has been flooding the internet. She won the EqD poll on best voice.
---
"Pay a man enough and he'll walk barefoot into hell" David Xanatos, Gargoyles
"If you can't kill yourself build something to do it for you"
#4The Catgirl FondlerPosted 8/9/2013 2:29:13 PM
Odd since Rarity's popularity seems to have sky rocketed lately. according to hasbro she is winning the best pony poll. nightmare rarity and rarity vs a giant crab art has been flooding the internet. She won the EqD poll on best voice.

I wouldn't trust the poll over on Hasbro's site, it's been confirmed that a sizable portion of anons were running vote-stuffing scripts to jack up her numbers, and it wasn't necessarily because they all liked her so much as they wanted to troll Twilight/Dash fans because those two typically dominate 1st & 2nd on "best pony" polls when it comes to the mane 6, whereas Rarity is always 5th or 6th (she takes turns with Applejack).

As for the popularity of Nightmare Rarity and Rarity's VA winning the EqD poll, keep in mind that *the* most popular pony in the brony fandom is Luna.

The Nightmare Rarity thing is obvious enough, up to and including how some folks only liked/bought that comic-arc because Luna was heavily involved (with Rarity being a "minor plot point" in their minds), and votes for Rarity's VA were technically votes for Tabitha St. Germain. Do you know who Germain also does the voice of? Luna.

As much as I would like to think that more bronies are growing to like Rarity (she has more haters than any other of the mane 6 sadly enough), there's a lot of dishonest elements surrounding these recent popularity bursts. The only one I can't really explain is the giant crab thing, but memes by their very nature are random like that so it could have been anypony.
---
N/A
#5raptornx01Posted 8/9/2013 2:44:11 PM(edited)
Still results in a perfect storm of Rarity infatuation.

plus, how many really make the connection between Luna and Rarity? hell even I forget that Dashie and AJ, and Pinkie and Fluttershy have the same VAs most of the time. By that logic wouldn't AJ be more popular then she is?

And saying people only voted for rarity because Tabitha voiced Luna is pretty insulting to Rarity in itself. not to mention Tabitha.

---
#6Golden RoadPosted 8/9/2013 2:39:32 PM
My reaction? "They cater to the brony fanbase too much."
---
Who's your favorite character from "Bend It Like Beckham"? And you can't say Beckham.
#7IsaacKankleDDSPosted 8/9/2013 3:11:35 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#8The Catgirl FondlerPosted 8/9/2013 3:40:27 PM
Still results in a perfect storm of Rarity infatuation.

plus, how many really make the connection between Luna and Rarity? hell even I forget that Dashie and AJ, and Pinkie and Fluttershy have the same VAs most of the time. By that logic wouldn't AJ be more popular then she is?

And saying people only voted for rarity because Tabitha voiced Luna is pretty insulting to Rarity in itself. not to mention Tabitha.

Several bronies tend to remember that Rarity & Luna share the same VA, as well as Flutters & Pinkie, but then it also helps that their VAs are well-known in the con scene as they interact with the fandom quite a bit. In contrast, Ashleigh Ball (AJ & Dash) is a rare sight, and that's on top of one of her characters being nigh-ignored by the fandom nearly all the time (right up to how Applejack has taken back the position of "best background pony" after Rarity's recent exposure).

And yeah, Germain getting votes for Luna moreso than Rarity is quite likely.
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-yiBzUv-zpTQ/Uf-LkhIUXDI/AAAAAAABe4c/zCNFq3TV5a8/s1600/1.JPG

Twilight, Flutters, and Dash are pretty much the "top 3" of the mane 6 in this fandom whereas Rarity is in the bottom 3, and yet somehow she beats out all of them, even Tara Strong's role (keeping in mind how popular Strong herself is) by nearly 2,000 more votes? Sorry, but there's no way that all those votes for Germain's voice were due to Rarity alone, not when you know who the fandom's favorite pony is.
---
N/A
#9raptornx01Posted 8/9/2013 3:46:13 PM
and yet beat out the Brony Queen tara strong?

sorry, i just don't see it. I myself cannot deny Rarity simply has the best voice. and I'm hardly a Luna fanboy.
---
#10King_Shortt_IXPosted 8/9/2013 4:05:10 PM
Might as well kill them all off if we are going to allow haters to dictate such actions.
---
Adult collectible. This is not a toy.