Comics and Graphic Novels Introductory FAQ

#331BlueOceanPosted 1/11/2012 7:08:18 AMmessage detail
Great FAQ
#332ness2007Posted 2/15/2012 11:55:45 PMmessage detail
Neeber was banned?
---
No man is invincible, and therefore no man can fully understand that which would make him invincible -Miyamoto Musashi-
#333x_0Posted 4/9/2012 6:00:33 PMmessage detail
Hmm... interesting
---
truth
#334luigi_master29Posted 4/17/2012 1:38:29 PMmessage detail
This FAQ was pretty informative. I have one question... With a series that has been running for decades, how do you "begin"? Basically, how does a noobie jump into something like Spider-Man? There are so many issues and storylines and spin-offs; it's all very overwhelming.
---
the last and final moment is yours
PSN: Lucky_29
#335crazyisgoodPosted 5/4/2012 10:57:18 PMmessage detail
good info
---
Save my Villain Day 2 (Spoilers) *RULE CHANGE* http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/8-gamefaqs-contests/62706736
#336brunbbmercPosted 6/24/2012 11:31:45 PMmessage detail
luigi_master29 posted...
This FAQ was pretty informative. I have one question... With a series that has been running for decades, how do you "begin"? Basically, how does a noobie jump into something like Spider-Man? There are so many issues and storylines and spin-offs; it's all very overwhelming.

even though its way too late i'm going to address this

mostly, dont worry about it

people think you have to know everything about comics to get going with them. thats not true. especially with modern books, you can just start with the most recent stuff and be fine. if you dont understand something, just try to look it up or ask. the sheer amount of stuff can be overwhelming but most of it you dont need to know.
---
Dignity. Intelligence. Class. brunbbmerc. S&R's number one Rams fan.
#337KingpheonixPosted 7/30/2012 5:43:14 PMmessage detail
luigi_master29 posted...

Easy. Just start buying comics lol! You might be a little fuzzy about a few things at first, but for the most part, comics aren't as exactly on-going as you might think. Yes, there are story arcs that bleed into the next and kinda influence the next, but for the most part if you jump onto the first issue of an arc the writer will usually do a recap or something like that to get you caught up.

Spiderman is probably the easiest thing to jump onto if you want to read. Usually if anything from any past issues is referenced Dan Slott will put a note at the bottom of the panel telling you exactly which issue it comes from.
#338baker18269Posted 12/3/2012 8:36:44 PMmessage detail
Hi i'm new to these boards and a little new to buying graphic novels, i have some already, but i now want to get spiderman an x-men ones, i'm wondering what spiderman novels to get, it really is all overwhelming, id like to start at the start an have a long novel or one that has a few books so it lasts awhile, not really wanting to buy a novel that's just a small story well after spideys beginning.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Amazing-Spider-Man-Ultimate-Collection-Graphic/dp/0785138935/ref=sr_1_6?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1354584191&sr=1-6

is this a good book to start? there is also ultimate spiderman books, which one is better if anyone knows?
appreciate any help, thanks.
---
The only sensible way to live in this world is without rules...
#339branclePosted 1/6/2013 4:03:42 AMmessage detail
i can't believe this is still going. Checking in 10 years later. Wow. I have a kid now.

http://i.imgur.com/UmpOi.gif
---
PSN/XBL whiteyx | STEAM brandonc
#340ultraspoon4444Posted 2/11/2013 9:37:14 AMmessage detail
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]