Should they remake comics? hear me out.

#1alfred_ashfordPosted 5/11/2012 2:51:19 PM
by remake, i really mean just redraw in modern art. basically restore. same script, except in some cases of older comics. i dont know, what do you guys think?
---
Jackie Chan is the nicest guy but everyone wants to mess with him - Pablo Francisco
#2philman51Posted 5/11/2012 3:01:57 PM
Eh, usually recoloring and a re-ink or two goes a long way toward updating some old stuff.
---
Official Doctor Strange of the C&GN Board
''Phil's got a point, guys.'' - Damien 5000
#3A Novel IdeaPosted 5/11/2012 3:04:30 PM
iirc in the 80s they redrew action comics #1 with updated art (superman: secret origin?)

then there are retellings, like batman and the monster men
---
"I have not felt anything since the day megaupload died." - Fubonis
#4abyssPosted 5/11/2012 3:36:16 PM
Personally, I'd like to see it as a side project, as it's own line. Though perhaps not 100% keeping everything.
#5Protoman_X38Posted 5/11/2012 4:42:19 PM
no, because most modern art is terrible.
---
3DS: 5370 - 0451 - 4526
http://i.minus.com/ibyp8mPjN.gif
#6mike1092Posted 5/11/2012 8:01:54 PM(edited)
I feel as comics and times have changed too much. The art is as much part of the story as the dialogue/narration. You are separating the two core objects, and updating one, but keeping old stories.
---
Battlefield 3: BloodWolf101
#7Omega_PyroPosted 5/11/2012 8:12:17 PM
mike1092 posted...
I feel as comics and times have changed too much. The art is as much part of the story as the dialogue/narration. You are separating the two core objects, and updating one, but keeping old stories.

Exactly!

Without the pictures, they'd just be books. The 'Art' and 'Words' are a unit. And if they just updated the whole thing... well, we have a million of those already.

P.S. this is also why it's odd that bad art doesn't effect me too much.
---
"My plans are always practical! It's the laws of physics that get in the way of my success." - Red Mage
#8ClemsonFAN89Posted 5/11/2012 8:26:07 PM
Jack Kirby's 4th World wouldn't be Jack Kirby's 4th World if it didn't feature the King's art.
---
Rudimentary creatures of bone and flesh. You touch my balls fumbling in ignorance--incapable of understanding
#9hmnut7Posted 5/11/2012 8:32:54 PM
I think it is an interesting idea, like an art school project. Paint the Mona Lisa but do it in your style. I think if they do it as a fun art project I would worth it just to see how it turns out. However if they try to market it as "new and improved" to hell with that.
---
Starfire: "They are too numerous to fight. What shall we do ?"
Robin: "Fight anyway !"
#10Conqueror of FatePosted 5/11/2012 8:37:04 PM
I dunno. Whenever they recolor the older stuff, I prefer the original version with the little dotted patterns that fill up the page most of the time.

I would rather see creators do more original work (well, as original as you can get in Big 2 comics.)
---
"I can pretend that things last. I can pretend that lives last longer than moments."