Should they remake comics? hear me out.

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Comics and Graphic Novels
  3. Should they remake comics? hear me out.
4 years ago#1
by remake, i really mean just redraw in modern art. basically restore. same script, except in some cases of older comics. i dont know, what do you guys think?
Jackie Chan is the nicest guy but everyone wants to mess with him - Pablo Francisco
4 years ago#2
Eh, usually recoloring and a re-ink or two goes a long way toward updating some old stuff.
Official Doctor Strange of the C&GN Board
''Phil's got a point, guys.'' - Damien 5000
4 years ago#3
iirc in the 80s they redrew action comics #1 with updated art (superman: secret origin?)

then there are retellings, like batman and the monster men
"I have not felt anything since the day megaupload died." - Fubonis
4 years ago#4
Personally, I'd like to see it as a side project, as it's own line. Though perhaps not 100% keeping everything.
4 years ago#5
no, because most modern art is terrible.
3DS: 5370 - 0451 - 4526
http://i.minus.com/ibyp8mPjN.gif
4 years ago#6
I feel as comics and times have changed too much. The art is as much part of the story as the dialogue/narration. You are separating the two core objects, and updating one, but keeping old stories.
Battlefield 3: BloodWolf101
4 years ago#7
mike1092 posted...
I feel as comics and times have changed too much. The art is as much part of the story as the dialogue/narration. You are separating the two core objects, and updating one, but keeping old stories.

Exactly!

Without the pictures, they'd just be books. The 'Art' and 'Words' are a unit. And if they just updated the whole thing... well, we have a million of those already.

P.S. this is also why it's odd that bad art doesn't effect me too much.
"My plans are always practical! It's the laws of physics that get in the way of my success." - Red Mage
4 years ago#8
Jack Kirby's 4th World wouldn't be Jack Kirby's 4th World if it didn't feature the King's art.
Rudimentary creatures of bone and flesh. You touch my balls fumbling in ignorance--incapable of understanding
4 years ago#9
I think it is an interesting idea, like an art school project. Paint the Mona Lisa but do it in your style. I think if they do it as a fun art project I would worth it just to see how it turns out. However if they try to market it as "new and improved" to hell with that.
Starfire: "They are too numerous to fight. What shall we do ?"
Robin: "Fight anyway !"
4 years ago#10
I dunno. Whenever they recolor the older stuff, I prefer the original version with the little dotted patterns that fill up the page most of the time.

I would rather see creators do more original work (well, as original as you can get in Big 2 comics.)
"I can pretend that things last. I can pretend that lives last longer than moments."
  1. Boards
  2. Comics and Graphic Novels
  3. Should they remake comics? hear me out.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived