How Many DC Heroes Hold Batman's "No Kill" Code Against Him

#21CraziestCalPosted 9/7/2012 7:36:45 PM
Why can't Gotham bring in the death punishment and kill Joker? What is it up to Batman to do it?
---
Vaseline... You know what I mean.
#22wirts_leg_Posted 9/7/2012 8:42:59 PM
CraziestCal posted...
Why can't Gotham bring in the death punishment and kill Joker?

Joker was given the electric chair in an old Golden Age comic, but he was revived by some serum. I remember reading that comic in the DC Archives hardcovers, but its been a long time so I don't remember it too well.
#23dj kornphlakePosted 9/7/2012 8:52:33 PM
People still give serious responses in NightmareBunny topics?
---
http://i.imgur.com/pT7ER.jpg
#24Camelotking524Posted 9/7/2012 9:07:35 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9dtjy2l7u1r019omo1_500.jpg

Says it better then I ever could.
---
Bishop of the Bat in the Church of the Red Cape.
#25Lost7thPosted 9/7/2012 9:12:42 PM
CraziestCal posted...
Why can't Gotham bring in the death punishment and kill Joker? What is it up to Batman to do it?

you can't execute the mentally handicapped as they're likely not aware of what they're doing or able to control it. The death penalty is almost always reserved for the most unrepentant of (sadly) SANE killers
---
Dremcast games that still need HD: Power Stone, Shenmue Project Justice, Grandia 2, Skies of Arcadia, PSO
#26TimePharaohPosted 9/7/2012 11:07:43 PM
MarquessLaus posted...
TheRealKal-El posted...
When has Batman stopped anyone from killing the Joker except for that time he was misjudged (Batman wanted the real culprit to pay) and when he stopped Jim from doing it (He did it for Jim, not the Joker...)?

When has anyone ever tried to kill the Joker anyway?

He stopped Jason, or tried to anyway. Also he resuscitated the Joker after Dick beat him to death, though that was probably just as much for Dick's sake cause he was feeling pretty bad about it.

Resuscitating someone=/=stopping someone from killing him. You just said he was dead, than Batman brought him back, obviously Batman didn't stop him from killing him.
#27lastheroPosted 9/7/2012 11:11:58 PM
Lost7th posted...
CraziestCal posted...

you can't execute the mentally handicapped as they're likely not aware of what they're doing or able to control it. The death penalty is almost always reserved for the most unrepentant of (sadly) SANE killers

Ironically, one time Joker WAS going to be executed...for a crime he didn't commit. Batman had to stop it.
---
X-Men: First Class RPG - Welcoming all new players!
[http://s1.zetaboards.com/New_Mutants/index/]
#28RAVEN79Posted 9/8/2012 1:16:41 AM
NightMareBunny posted...
I Mean imagine if the joker killed your family So You Try to avenge them by killing the stupid clown and batman intervenes saying it isn't worth it....

i mean quite a few heroes must have a problem with it since he continues to let the joker live and kill hundreds of people constantly sure we can try and buy he doesn't want to kill anyone but if somebody else tries to kill the joker he has to go in and protect the psychopath

i don't see how anyone wouldn't freak out over that especially if the joker just killed their entire family and batman expects them to just walk away and pretend this didn't happen while he sends joker to arkham asylum where he will escape two days later

Same reason we dont let the family of victims play judge and jury dutys.
#29Playr2BNamdL8rPosted 9/8/2012 4:17:56 AM
How Many DC Heroes Hold Batman's "No Kill" Code Against Him
Why would they?

To begin with, most DC heroes keep their mouth shut so they don't come off as hypocrites since their own villains are running around time and time again stealing, killing and/or trying to take over the world because the rest of the heroes don't kill as well. And those few that have managed to kill a villain haven't had much success keeping said villain dead.

When Wonder Woman killed Max Lord, Clark was just as pissed/disappointed with her (if not more than) Bruce. And Clark was the one who nearly beat Bruce to death and went 10 rounds with WW while under Max's control.

Also, When Dick "killed" the Joker in Last Laugh, several of the Titans gave him crap about it. Wally was one fo the more vocal about his disappointment/anger at Dick (almost) committing murder. They thought he was better than that. And this was with Bruce reviving the Joker.

And up until the SCW, the GL ring had a built in "no kill" safety. Not that many of them would be going around executing villains to begin with.

Your "interpretation" of Under the Red Hood is not completely correct. You missed the point. It wasn't "random" and Batman didn't "come out of no where." Jason could have killed the Joker any time he wanted to.

For starters, the comics do a little better job of explaining this, the Lazarus pit has a side effect- those who emerge from it suffer from madness/insanity or rage. It can leave a lasting effect. Jason was probably already feeling angry and hurt; focused primarily on Bruce, and the pit amplified/intensified it. Don't get me wrong, he blames Joker for beating and blowing him up, but that isn't really what drives him.

And the reason Jason doesn't kill the joker is because the joker is just a tool/item that will bring him closer to Bruce. Just as taking the Red Hood mantle will send a message to both Joker & Bruce. But, more so to Batman.

Jason "attacking" Batman's morals is an excuse. Jason is angry and hurt because he has come to the realization (in his mind) that Bruce doesn't/didn't care about him. Jason is a child who feels betrayed because he thought of Bruce as his father figure and in turn thought Bruce thought of him as his son. Jason expected that Bruce would have cared so much for him he would do anything and everything; including kill the joker. He feels that Bruce did nothing to mourn his death, like a true father should when he loses a son.

Jason realizes (in his mid) the whole relationship wasn't what he thought. That it was a lie. Though, the readers know Bruce DID care and the death did have long lasting effects; but he has always put the mission first, even above himself and his own personal happiness.
---
The truth is out there, and I've dedicated myself to drinking as much bourbon as is necessary to find that truth.
#30SupremeLord5050Posted 9/8/2012 6:38:18 AM
TheRealKal-El posted...
When has Batman stopped anyone from killing the Joker except for that time he was misjudged (Batman wanted the real culprit to pay) and when he stopped Jim from doing it (He did it for Jim, not the Joker...)?

When has anyone ever tried to kill the Joker anyway?

Under the Red Hood
---
Go make some new disaster, thats what I'm counting on, You're someone else's problem, now I only want you gone