1000 things i learned from the new 52

#51tahmidkPosted 11/19/2012 11:47:41 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#52Tempest of ShadowsPosted 11/19/2012 12:26:28 PM
From that interview and the first BoP trade I was under the impression she was also Dinah Lance(as in she was born with that name). Meaning she is the same person who was in a relationship with Ollie(but I only have read the first BoP trade. Didn't know Kurt's last name was originally Lance until this topic)

As I recall, the Dinah's maiden name and marital status wasn't revealed right away. There could have been plenty of reasons for that. Black Canary has been Dinah Lance for 30+ years, so that's more recognizable to newer readers than Dinah Drake. Maybe DC hadn't decided on using Golden Age Canary that early; we've seen them backpedal on other identities, like Red Robin. Or maybe it was just to avoid spoilers regarding Dinah and Kurt's relationship until that came up in the books.

profDEADPOOL posted...
Yea I got that. I am saying I swear one of the interviews I read for Team 7 said her name was Dinah Lance during team 7. But I can't find it so I might have been wrong about that.

Yes, you are wrong. it states without a doubt in Team 7 #0 that her name is Dinah Drake.
But if you were right, what difference would that make? All it would mean is that they got married before Team 7 started. I don't know where you're trying to go with this...

It could also mean that they'll get married during the run of Team 7.
---
Fringes of Algo - Phantasy Star Community - http://www.psalgo.com/
#53Uranus_DayPosted 11/19/2012 10:05:17 PM
Soon after the 52 are out the delet, err cancellations begin.

^ Here's that shovel you were so nice to lend me, back t. Oh wait, where have you gone?

It was obvipus dc dug themselves a hole too deep with some of those iffy releases....
---
"I think a little whiff of this Bat-Gas should calm you down. Just breath deeply...
#54OldFrenchDragonPosted 11/20/2012 7:54:31 AM
tahmidk posted...
The original, most iconic teen titans never existed and all their history as a group with that. Meaning bye bye to all the great Marv Wolfman and Geoff John's and all the other history gone, replaced by the catastrophic new 52 titans that everybody hates

What what what ?0_o

Roy Harper is a completely different character with a completely different personality and attitude. Most of his history and character development has been erased, including Lian, Relapse, Titans and probably 10 years of history of all the other stuff from this decade and maybe more

Connor Hawke, Mia and Arrowette never existed. Ollie has been deaged by about 20 years, was never in the Justice League and all his relationships with the other heroes never existed. Already spoke about how Roy was ruined. In comic present day time Black Canary, Dinah Lance who is Ollie's main love interest, hasn't even been born yet. Basically the entire Arrow Family never existed including all their rich history. Thanks DC!

Wait a minute, What ? 0_0

The Kents died before Clark became Superman.

WHAT ? }: (

Whoever came up with that idea has now made an enemy out of me .
---
Proferer des jurons toutes les 2 secondes ne vous rend pas "cool" ša vous rend juste grossier
#55Kamui_333Posted 11/20/2012 10:56:14 AM
OldFrenchDragon posted...
tahmidk posted...
The original, most iconic teen titans never existed and all their history as a group with that. Meaning bye bye to all the great Marv Wolfman and Geoff John's and all the other history gone, replaced by the catastrophic new 52 titans that everybody hates

What what what ?0_o

Roy Harper is a completely different character with a completely different personality and attitude. Most of his history and character development has been erased, including Lian, Relapse, Titans and probably 10 years of history of all the other stuff from this decade and maybe more

Connor Hawke, Mia and Arrowette never existed. Ollie has been deaged by about 20 years, was never in the Justice League and all his relationships with the other heroes never existed. Already spoke about how Roy was ruined. In comic present day time Black Canary, Dinah Lance who is Ollie's main love interest, hasn't even been born yet. Basically the entire Arrow Family never existed including all their rich history. Thanks DC!

Wait a minute, What ? 0_0

The Kents died before Clark became Superman.

WHAT ? }: (

Whoever came up with that idea has now made an enemy out of me .

Since all that is news to you, you obviously haven't read a single issue of the New 52, so what do you care? Besides, if you read the thread, I've already debunked that first thing you mentioned.
---
DC books released in November (So Far): 58
Marvel books released in November (So Far) : 51 (43 New, 8 Double-Shipped)
#56OldFrenchDragonPosted 11/21/2012 1:45:28 AM
I'm currently reading the JLA where they're fighting Darkseid and Victor Stone has been turned into Cyborg .Hal Jordan is acting like a total ass and Wonder Woman is like Xena meets the 21st Century so I guess you're right .
---
Proferer des jurons toutes les 2 secondes ne vous rend pas "cool" ša vous rend juste grossier
#57Kamui_333Posted 11/21/2012 2:20:55 AM
I'm currently reading the JLA where they're fighting Darkseid and Victor Stone has been turned into Cyborg .Hal Jordan is acting like a total ass and Wonder Woman is like Xena meets the 21st Century so I guess you're right .

you're reading JLA? can I borrow your time machine so I can go to February and pick up my copy too?
---
DC books released in November (So Far): 58
Marvel books released in November (So Far) : 51 (43 New, 8 Double-Shipped)
#58OldFrenchDragonPosted 11/21/2012 2:58:00 AM
Kamui_333 posted...

you're reading JLA? can I borrow your time machine so I can go to February and pick up my copy too?

Help yourself ; )
---