Is Jim Lee's Superman: For Tomorrow the best Superman artwork?

#41OMEGA RUGALPosted 11/20/2012 8:45:56 AM
kaiolino posted...
So what? That all applies to Liefeld too and he's not a good artist either.

Liefeld's books sell well? Last time any of his books sold well was in the 90s I believe ... a long long long time ago.
---
PSN & Live: Loadedklip
#42brunbbmercPosted 11/20/2012 9:00:41 AM
no they still sell
---
Dignity. Intelligence. Class. brunbbmerc. S&R's number one Rams fan.
#43TheRealKal-ElPosted 11/20/2012 9:11:02 AM
OMEGA RUGAL posted...
Big difference when you compare COMIC BOOKS to mainstream pop music and fast food ... there is advertising money and there is convenience.

Nope. It's just the same. And you're missing the point.

When it comes to comics ... Jim Lee doesn't get "radio play" or is more easily found on any corner when you are in a rush for a quick bite to eat compared to whether you are gonna pick up a Frank Quitely comic or a Jim Lee comic ....
clearly you don't understand those things.

Clearly, Jim Lee being the artist of X-Men during the prime of the franchise while basing his artwork on John Byrne's art but adding more lines makes him the quality + ubiquity equivalent of McDonalds. It's nice, but nothing really meaningful about it.

Name me a single Jim Lee drawn comic where you can say "okay, this guy is saying something here". He's a draw-pretty, nothing more.

Clearly you're the one who don't understand how things work if your argument for Jim Lee is popularity. I guess he's the best artist ever then.

So far you have mentioned exactly ZERO art-related arguments. So yes, Jim Lee can't sniff Frank Quitely's jock as an artist.

So you will forgive me if I don't accept your request to stop posting.

It's okay, ignorance is your right.
---
90% of the time I'm being hyperbolic, so delete that carefully researched dissertation you were about to post.
Obama Vs Romney: http://i.imgur.com/gbHAC.jpg
#44OMEGA RUGALPosted 11/20/2012 10:25:08 AM
TheRealKal-El posted...
OMEGA RUGAL posted...
Big difference when you compare COMIC BOOKS to mainstream pop music and fast food ... there is advertising money and there is convenience.

When it comes to comics ... Jim Lee doesn't get "radio play" or is more easily found on any corner when you are in a rush for a quick bite to eat compared to whether you are gonna pick up a Frank Quitely comic or a Jim Lee comic ....

Clearly, Jim Lee being the artist of X-Men during the prime of the franchise while basing his artwork on John Byrne's art but adding more lines makes him the quality + ubiquity equivalent of McDonalds. It's nice, but nothing really meaningful about it.

Name me a single Jim Lee drawn comic where you can say "okay, this guy is saying something here". He's a draw-pretty, nothing more.

Clearly you're the one who don't understand how things work if your argument for Jim Lee is popularity. I guess he's the best artist ever then.

So far you have mentioned exactly ZERO art-related arguments. So yes, Jim Lee can't sniff Frank Quitely's jock as an artist.

LOL
---
PSN & Live: Loadedklip
#45Paper_OkamiPosted 11/20/2012 5:25:00 PM
TheRealKal-El posted...
OMEGA RUGAL posted...

If Jim Lee is mcDonalds. Quietly is Jack in the Box, upgrade,but still fast food.