Amazing Spider-Man 698 has been leaked and fully scanned *Major Spoilers*

#61shadowkratos774Posted 11/20/2012 10:50:44 AM
Donomark posted...
The switch has to be in between this and the last issue, because Ock's still acclimating to Peter's memories and recalls the battle with the Hobgoblin.

exactly, and also for just the principle of it, there's no way they'd make Spider-men about Doc Ock.
---
You will give the people an ideal to strive towards...
But in time, they will join you in the sun.
#62AxelOfTheFirePosted 11/20/2012 11:00:37 AM
Once we got some info and teases on this, this was my first guess for what was going to be happening. I noticed others with the same thought.

I sort of like the twist as it provides for some interesting stories to come, though I find myself even more horrified. Not exactly in a "this ruins everything forever" kind of way, but simply for how dark and sad it is.
---
"I don't know about you, but I'm havin a ball"-Marv
#63Chief_Dr_Cox(Topic Creator)Posted 11/20/2012 11:01:08 AM(edited)
Super scientist Peter Parker creates a particle with limitless potential. . . With no buildup through Peter on such a grand project. It seems almost as a throw away idea without the further concept, but it has some truth to it. Here you are looking for proof of the switch in the past but his greatest invention ever is out of left field.

It didn't come out of left field. Peter discovered Parker Particles all the way back in ASM 665, right before Spider-Island and way before Ends of the Earth. He mentions them to Betty Brant over the phone.
#64cjs177Posted 11/20/2012 11:18:03 AM
If you reread the ending of EotE its heavily implied that they already switched
#65JyaganPosted 11/20/2012 11:59:34 AM
cjs177 posted...
If you reread the ending of EotE its heavily implied that they already switched

There is nothing there that implies they switched. In fact, there are several things inconsistent with them switching.

What do you have in mind here?
---
Nothing you do will have effect if you do not use truth.
#66ProjectSiolencePosted 11/20/2012 12:17:37 PM
Wait Norman's back? Well that's going to be awkward, he's still the Super-Adaptoid right from Dark Avengers right?
---
There's always one **** head like you trying to **** in the apple pie. Well you just **** in the one apple pie that knows how to **** back.
#67Phoenix of DarknessPosted 11/20/2012 1:47:10 PM
There is nothing there that implies they switched. In fact, there are several things inconsistent with them switching.

What do you have in mind here?

It could've happened between them surfacing, or during the epilogue in Avenging Spider-Man because Ock looks very scared when Spider-Man is saying goodbye to him. Other theories are the Octobots controller he used in Spider-Island. Or used some sort of frequency with the Spider-Sense scramblers because that's when Madam Web went comatose.
---
"A man has an imaginary friend he's called crazy, when Millions of people have an imaginary friend they call it religion" Lord SeptimusIV
#68Gmoney-Posted 11/20/2012 2:17:36 PM
Ugh, that image up there is messed. Except, it looks like doc or Peter rather, died there. But that was when Peter was doing his NO ONE DIES thing...and he brang ocks living body back to the surface before saying some one died.

So where does that pic take place then?
---
The fire baby, it'll burn us both. Always....and never.
#69LemmermanPosted 11/20/2012 4:06:36 PM
I thought it was an interesting issue, it's done in a way that you can see something is wrong as you read through, but aren't quite sure if it's Slott writing it wrong or if there's something more sinister afoot. And then there is, and it's worrying, and I've no idea where we're going next. I think it's safe to say that the Golden Octobot is definitely a back-up of Peter's mind or something of that sort which will sort things out, and I think the mind-switching will be what causes someone who isn't Peter to be Superior Spider-Man; it'll be Peter in someone else's body.

Still, bring it on.
Oh, and Elson's art is great.
---
Currently Playing: Borderlands 2
#70Game ShowPosted 11/21/2012 2:12:53 AM
It will be Peter in Ben Reilly's body. You know I'm right
---
"When it comes to eating out, being a girl is the only way to go." - Ranma