So I just got back into marvel comics and boy was I shocked at the prices.

#11kaiolinoPosted 11/20/2012 6:31:45 AM
I hate it when my favourite books come out more than once a month. What are they thinking.
---
http://razielsdomain.forumotion.net/
Schemmel isn't a singer or a voice actor, in fact why does he have a mouth. - Zephos
#12profDEADPOOLPosted 11/20/2012 7:51:02 AM
I hate it when my favourite books come out more than once a month. What are they thinking.

This.

(DOUBLE-SHIP HAWKEYE FOR ^%$&ING ONCE MARVEL)
---
Official Mienshao of the pokemon B/W and BW2 clans
Comic pull list: UXF, WatX, Hawkeye, Secret Avengers, Gambit, JLD, and Batwing
#13tahmidkPosted 11/20/2012 10:22:42 AM
I know LOADS of people that used to buy Marvel comics that just pirate them now.
#14TromeritusPosted 11/20/2012 11:36:50 PM
Sorry new/returning guy: Marvel exploits it's existing reader base because they've put up with the price gouging for years now, and not enough people have started trade-waiting (or dropping Marvel all together) to make a difference.

Dig it: http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=41889
---
Reading: Storm Dogs/The Darkness/X-O Manowar/COBRA/Fatale/Prophet/Detective Comics/Stumptown/Rachel Rising/Amelia Cole/Age of Apocalypse/Justice League Beyond
#15Goo GooPosted 11/24/2012 1:32:03 PM
I just started reading Marvel since NOW but the only title I'm sticking with for sure is Deadpool. I've enjoyed most of them but they are just too expensive. They don't even reduce the digital prices after a month like DC do.
---
You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel.
#16Uranus_DayPosted 11/24/2012 7:03:08 PM
kaiolino posted...

You forgot to use a question mark! Lmao!!11!!!111!!!111! You aren't really related to Bendasss, are you?

What "they" are thinking is, let's take some more nerd money!, with 1/2 books, twice as often! (Since "They" aren't smart enough to notice111!!!111!!!)
---
"I think a little whiff of this Bat-Gas should calm you down. Just breath deeply...
#17DrDoomPosted 11/24/2012 8:54:55 PM
Instead of double shipping to take advantage of the suckers who won't trade-wait...why not combine both issues and release a double-sized issue at the end of the month?

I'd actually kinda understand the $4+ price point then.
---
Our conductor is insane! Our cargo is pain! Freight Train!!
3DS 3566 2826 6484
#18DaemonscharmPosted 11/24/2012 8:57:33 PM
Instead of double shipping to take advantage of the suckers who won't trade-wait...why not combine both issues and release a double-sized issue at the end of the month?

Marvel would outsell DC for once
---
Mavs Fan: Official GBASB Vice President/Romancer
http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo273/Photo_Phreak/alkalinesig2.png
#19GundamMonXPosted 11/25/2012 5:02:46 AM
DrDoom posted...

I remember when the "Ultimate" line first came out, there was a Marvel "magazine" with an Ult. X-Men, Ult. Spider-man, and Ult. Team-up story for $4. That made sense; 3 stories for that price was pretty good. And then Marvel up and cancelled that magazine, and you had to go buy the separates. Haven't bought a Marvel comic since.
---
I respect your opinions, but only when they agree with mine--awesomephatman