So why didnt Batman (TDKR spoilers)

#1Cena_Is_SexyPosted 11/20/2012 12:36:59 AM
Use the bat darts on Bane? It really doesn't make sense? Are we expected to ignorant believe that he developed those in the few hours between arriving in Gotham, flirting with Catwoman, finding Fox, getting dressed up, and saving Gordon? While I maintain that the Nolan Batman is infinitely better than comic (I can do whatever because I'm a deity Batman) he strayed a little into ignorant Batgod territory here. Maybe I'm wrong, but if so explain it to me because it makes no sense.
---
Repent.
#2Fal_cun_PunchPosted 11/20/2012 12:45:36 AM
The desire to beat the **** out of him was too great, therefore he ignored the logical and anticlimatic option.
#3RedArchangel20Posted 11/20/2012 12:46:23 AM
Cena_Is_Sexy posted...
Use the bat darts on Bane? It really doesn't make sense? Are we expected to ignorant believe that he developed those in the few hours between arriving in Gotham, flirting with Catwoman, finding Fox, getting dressed up, and saving Gordon? While I maintain that the Nolan Batman is infinitely better than comic (I can do whatever because I'm a deity Batman) he strayed a little into ignorant Batgod territory here. Maybe I'm wrong, but if so explain it to me because it makes no sense.

You don't really read Batman comics, do you?
---
Most beautiful woman in the world: http://i.imgur.com/J7GpU.jpg
Kiss the rings. http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lyzpf1y3cy1qf6y79.gif
#4Uranus_DayPosted 11/20/2012 12:54:19 AM
Being wrong about comics is kind of tcs approach iirc?
---
"I think a little whiff of this Bat-Gas should calm you down. Just breath deeply...
#5Cena_Is_Sexy(Topic Creator)Posted 11/20/2012 12:57:53 AM
RedArchangel20 posted...
Cena_Is_Sexy posted...

You don't really read Batman comics, do you?

I most certainly do and beyond being a complete nutcase who most currently for some reason isn't having his best friends lock the joker up in the phantom zone or one of the several more secure options that don't equate to killing him , decides he's going to go I alone ...is also able to not die when confronted with odds that ANY mortal would die from . Yea he's a bit of a crazy ass demigod . None the less Nolan's Batman doesn't have those options he's a bit less crazy..why didn't he use the darts!?
---
Repent.
#6DTownsendF13Posted 11/20/2012 1:09:53 AM
simple answer is that movie was just not that great. don't get me wrong, i loved batman begins and dark knight and when i heard bane and catwoman were going to be in TDKR and that it would wrap up the series I thought it was shaping up to be the best comic based movie ever.

then I saw how they designed Bane. then I saw the first trailer. then I was keeping my fingers crossed that it would turn out better than what it was starting to look like. it was disappointing. and i don't think it was a bad movie, just not a good representation of anything it should have been. too many "artistic freedoms" were exercised by Nolan because everybody was riding his jock from the previous two.

he thought whatever he decided to put out was going to be the greatest thing ever but he was wrong. for some reason people defend it and i can't figure it out because I've seen people trash better movies for less reasons. just chalk it up to another case of "why did they do that?" with this movie.
---
BEST IN THE WORLD!
#7SnuffSevenfoldXPosted 11/20/2012 2:47:27 AM
TDKR was the most comic-booky...Which has a blessing and a curse for Nolan, but overall it was a pretty good movie just...not the best out of them. Still feel it stands up better than Begins though which to me feels like so much of an origin story, albeit a good one, it's just not that watchable. I feel as if the best part of Nolan's trilogy was that they by and large completely nailed how to translate comic book villains onto the big screen...most of the villains felt more at home on the screen than on the page so it worked, imo.

That said, little things like the whole bat-darts stuff are quite noticeable once you notice them....Although I feel like to overly analyze something like that is to take away from the whole notion of escapism and getting lost in a movie for two hours or so, although if you need a movie to be absolutely 100% correct etc etc then more power to you, I guess.

Most things about Bane worked for me. In the movies, he's basically meant to be an international mercenary, so no distinguishable accent makes sense, or at least something that's an amalgamation of various accents. The origin worked, and the back-story with Talia worked but...yeah...his "death"...one last fight...would have been much better.

Being shot by Catwoman on the Batpod was out of nowhere, and to be honest, if he was shot by someone with guns you'd start to question why they didn't just do that in the first place. As I said though....I feel like this kind of over analyzing can be fun, but detrimental to the idea that you just escape and have fun for a few hours.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watchfeature=player_embedded&v=cJbTyFzqZu0
#8Cena_Is_Sexy(Topic Creator)Posted 11/20/2012 4:03:48 AM
SnuffSevenfoldX posted...
TDKR was the most comic-booky...Which has a blessing and a curse for Nolan, but overall it was a pretty good movie just...not the best out of them. Still feel it stands up better than Begins though which to me feels like so much of an origin story, albeit a good one, it's just not that watchable. I feel as if the best part of Nolan's trilogy was that they by and large completely nailed how to translate comic book villains onto the big screen...most of the villains felt more at home on the screen than on the page so it worked, imo.

That said, little things like the whole bat-darts stuff are quite noticeable once you notice them....Although I feel like to overly analyze something like that is to take away from the whole notion of escapism and getting lost in a movie for two hours or so, although if you need a movie to be absolutely 100% correct etc etc then more power to you, I guess.

Most things about Bane worked for me. In the movies, he's basically meant to be an international mercenary, so no distinguishable accent makes sense, or at least something that's an amalgamation of various accents. The origin worked, and the back-story with Talia worked but...yeah...his "death"...one last fight...would have been much better.

Being shot by Catwoman on the Batpod was out of nowhere, and to be honest, if he was shot by someone with guns you'd start to question why they didn't just do that in the first place. As I said though....I feel like this kind of over analyzing can be fun, but detrimental to the idea that you just escape and have fun for a few hours.

I understand the idea of escapism, but even in the context of the movie universe Batman randomly having tranquilizer darts was ignorant. Again, the Nolan movies are a far better interpretation of Batman than the comics are IMO, but the dart scene was ignorant.
---
Repent.
#9Aussie_Filo71Posted 11/20/2012 6:29:13 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#10Aussie_Filo71Posted 11/20/2012 6:29:58 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]