Sadly im reaching the end of geoff johns run on gl

#1SupremeLord5050Posted 11/20/2012 10:22:31 AM
I am now close to where everyone else is with green lantern and am sad. I am halfway through war of the green lanterns and will soon start the first new 52 trade. Can someone recommend to me more gl stories?

I am interested in the events that led hal to become parallax, good kyle rayner books and tomasis glc run as well as if gl new guardians is good or not
---
Go make some new disaster, thats what I'm counting on, You're someone else's problem, now I only want you gone
#2Uranus_DayPosted 11/20/2012 10:27:58 AM
Who told you that's where Johns ends?
---
"I think a little whiff of this Bat-Gas should calm you down. Just breath deeply...
#3profDEADPOOLPosted 11/20/2012 10:28:44 AM(edited)
New Guardians is pretty good. Tomasi's GLC run is great.

You want Emerald Dawn for Parallax.

Also Johns is still writing GL...
---
Official Mienshao of the pokemon B/W and BW2 clans
Comic pull list: UXF, WatX, Hawkeye, Secret Avengers, Gambit, JLD, and Batwing
#4SupremeLord5050(Topic Creator)Posted 11/20/2012 10:41:47 AM
I know he is still writing. I just meant id have to wait month by month now
---
Go make some new disaster, thats what I'm counting on, You're someone else's problem, now I only want you gone
#5OMEGA RUGALPosted 11/20/2012 11:31:22 AM
SupremeLord5050 posted...
I know he is still writing. I just meant id have to wait month by month now

I know what you mean ... I read everything in trades and it sure beats waiting a month for another issue but with that said ... you normally need Corps and some other books at times so the wait really isn't a full month all the time.

Tomasi's Corps is pretty much just as good as Johns' GL and New Guardians is pretty good too so far.

Can't comment on Red Lanterns ... only read like 3 issues so far. 1,2 and 13.
---
PSN & Live: Loadedklip
#6ProjectSiolencePosted 11/20/2012 12:01:40 PM
Red Lanterns sucks, don't feel any need to go get this TC. On the other hand, you'll want / need GLC and New Guardians.
---
There's always one **** head like you trying to **** in the apple pie. Well you just **** in the one apple pie that knows how to **** back.
#7StoopKidLivesOnPosted 11/20/2012 12:22:40 PM
My essential pre-GL:Rebirth list:
Emerald Dawn
Emerald Dawn II
Green Lantern/Green Arrow (a little dated, but still one of my favorite DC runs ever)
Green Lantern: Sector 2814 Volume 1 (I'm actually picking this up in trade today, but I read it a while ago and remember really liking this era)
The Road Back
Emerald Twilight
New Dawn
Zero Hour
Final Night
Emerald Knights
Legacy: The Last Will and Testament Of Hal Jordan
Day Of Judgement (will be collected in April, as of now, you gotta get it in singles)

That brings you to Rebirth, and the rest of Johns' run. GLC starts here, too. The trade order for non-GL proper is:

Recharge
To Be A Lantern
The Dark Side Of Green
Sinestro Corps War
Ring Quest
Sins Of The Star Sapphire
Emerald Eclipse
Blackest Night: Green lantern Corps
Revolt Of the Alpha Lanterns
Emerald Warriors Volume 1
The Weaponer
War Of The Green Lanterns
War Of The Green Lanterns Aftermath
New 52: GLC
New 52: New Guardians

It's all definitely worth picking up, a lot of it is as good, if not better, than parts of Johns' run.
---
My blog for reviews and stuff:
http://thekidsstoop.tumblr.com
#8Bob_Loblaw215Posted 11/20/2012 3:38:33 PM
That's a good list, I'm reading through John's run at the moment so I will check some of those pre-rebirth books out when I'm done. The Sinestro Corps War is the next book on my list so I still have fair bit of John's run left to read.
#9SupremeLord5050(Topic Creator)Posted 11/20/2012 5:18:11 PM
Bob_Loblaw215 posted...
That's a good list, I'm reading through John's run at the moment so I will check some of those pre-rebirth books out when I'm done. The Sinestro Corps War is the next book on my list so I still have fair bit of John's run left to read.

Its an incredible run. It starts to get really must read at rage of the red lanterns imo. Sinestro corps war while awesome was not really as good as blackest night or brightest day green lantern.

Btw thanks for the list. Looks like ill be saving up money
---