When has the Joker actually been funny?

#1JagusPosted 2/21/2013 8:29:04 AM
People always talk about how the Joker only does things when they're funny... but for the life of me, I can't recall a single instance when the Joker has done something remotely amusing. He's just been a psychopathic murderer.

Well, there was this one time somebody here on CGN posted the Joker forcing Batman to call him "Roger." That was pretty funny. But that's it.
---
No, marriage is about love. It fails because people think love can be reduced to a feeling. - On the Edge
#2The_Letter_KPosted 2/21/2013 8:31:58 AM
For the record, when people say Joker does things because they're funny, they mean funny to him. The things that are funny to a murderous sociopath aren't necessarily very jovial.
---
"The beatings will continue until the staph infection improves!" - CM Punk
#3Jagus(Topic Creator)Posted 2/21/2013 8:51:17 AM
Yeah, but I mean, I haven't seen much black comedy from him either. I wish I could see a writer actually trying to make the Joker funny.
---
No, marriage is about love. It fails because people think love can be reduced to a feeling. - On the Edge
#4KeJo6Posted 2/21/2013 9:03:00 AM
he was funny in cornell's action comics run for the issue he was in.
---
Do not delude yourself, wretched fool!
PSN: KeJo13
#5thebatzPosted 2/21/2013 9:04:20 AM
i thought it was funny when he called bane a wwf reject.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNS9MzGOQtU
#6Lord of NightmaresPosted 2/21/2013 9:19:28 AM
There was a Silver Age story (from the era when he was a mostly harmless prankster) where he feigned insanity in order to get committed to an asylum which also housed an individual who'd embezzled a large amount of money.

Due to a rather complicated series of events involving another inmate who believed he was Batman along with the real Bats himself, the Joker ended up getting horribly confused and eventually came to the conclusion that *he* was Batman and was therefore crazy since that was impossible.

For some reason, I found this to be hilarious back in the day when I read it.
#7Catalyst_blackPosted 2/21/2013 9:22:31 AM
That still sounds hilarious.
---
PSN ID - Catalyst_Black
360 GT - Frostbite455931
#8ShiningFetusPosted 2/21/2013 9:51:43 AM
Heath Ledger's Joker was darkly comic in moments of pure hysteria, like his utter bafflement that the trigger to bomb the Gotham Hospital ceased to work, only to be taken completely aback when it finally, unexpectedly did work. I saw the film several times in the theaters and my audience laughed every single time, so it wasn't an isolated fluke.
---
Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?
#9sith_acolyte15Posted 2/21/2013 10:07:22 AM
ShiningFetus posted...
Heath Ledger's Joker was darkly comic in moments of pure hysteria, like his utter bafflement that the trigger to bomb the Gotham Hospital ceased to work, only to be taken completely aback when it finally, unexpectedly did work. I saw the film several times in the theaters and my audience laughed every single time, so it wasn't an isolated fluke.

That was also, apparently, not in the script. Ledger ad-libbed his reaction in that scene.
---
This is the Internet; you can't use popularity to prove something is good unless it's something I actually like.
#10The_nWjoePosted 2/21/2013 10:11:52 AM
The Joker isn't funny. That's the joke. Only a psychopath would find what he does funny, which is why he cracks himself up.