I've heard a lot of good things about the new Venom comic...small spoilers

#1Certifiably InsanePosted 5/5/2013 7:11:15 PM
The one with Flash Thompson as Venom. Since I am late to the party, I've looked on ebay and the comics seem to be pretty expensive. So I searched amazon and found a collection of the first 5 comics for only $14. Before I purchase this I just wanted to make sure this was the same one everyone is talking about. Is this right? And how many issues are out so far with this series?

http://www.amazon.com/Venom-Vol-1-Rick-Remender/dp/0785158111/ref=tmm_hrd_title_0?ie=UTF8&qid=1367809022&sr=8-1-fkmr1
---
I have Advanced Delusionary Schizophrenia with Involuntary Narcisstic Rage!
Official Blastoise of LUE 2010
#2LovingPacifistPosted 5/5/2013 7:25:41 PM
I don't want to open the link since I'm on a smart phone. The good stuff is authored by Rick Remender and he did three big story arcs. So the two trades following the one that you probably linked to. Just search Venom Remender. It's very fun stuff and really solidifies Thompson as a hero and fleshes him out as a character. Remender doesn't write the most profound stories but he is very good at making fun stories with great rights against classic villains.
---
Peace....love....and Understanding
- The Three Fundamental Elements of Pacifism.
#3gtomangaPosted 5/5/2013 7:36:04 PM(edited)
venom 2011 comics is fun to read too bad i cant say the same about spidy
and yas thats the one by rick remender
they made it to issue 36 wich is coming in jun 12
---
YS,megaman,harvest moon,sly cooper,rune factory,shin megami tensei,growlanser,superman,bomberman,shump,sonic fan
#4mahgah91Posted 5/5/2013 7:45:30 PM
It kind of turns into an edgier Spider-Man though. Flash has all of Peter's problems--secret identity, his own Sinister Six, villains that put his girlfriend in danger, wielding his power responsibly, etc. Seriously, half the time I forget I'm reading Flash Thompson in the Venom suit because his voice is written just like Peter's a lot of the time.

I suggest trying the new Scarlet Spider, it actively tries to be different from Spider-Man and even has the character talk about being different from Spider-Man.
#5LovingPacifistPosted 5/5/2013 7:54:59 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#6discodancer77Posted 5/5/2013 8:19:24 PM
LovingPacifist posted...
mahgah91 posted...
It kind of turns into an edgier Spider-Man though. Flash has all of Peter's problems--secret identity, his own Sinister Six, villains that put his girlfriend in danger, wielding his power responsibly, etc. Seriously, half the time I forget I'm reading Flash Thompson in the Venom suit because his voice is written just like Peter's a lot of the time.

I suggest trying the new Scarlet Spider, it actively tries to be different from Spider-Man and even has the character talk about being different from Spider-Man.

Why don't you go **** yourself, mate?

Funny, considering your name. What did he do to you? Have a different opinion?
---
Hi, I'm Better Than You
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 3225-3487-1145
#7LovingPacifistPosted 5/5/2013 8:58:44 PM
discodancer77 posted...
LovingPacifist posted...
mahgah91 posted...

TC is asking about one book, he comes in bashing it on false statements and recommending another book. He should mind his own business.
---
#8mahgah91Posted 5/5/2013 9:28:08 PM
LovingPacifist posted...
discodancer77 posted...
LovingPacifist posted...
mahgah91 posted...

TC is asking about one book, he comes in bashing it on false statements and recommending another book. He should mind his own business.

Um, what false statement did I make? What's wrong with recommending another book? Why do you take it so personally?
#9LovingPacifistPosted 5/5/2013 9:59:31 PM
Claiming that Venom is almost identical to any Spidey book with Peter Parker makes me think you are trolling or flow in the head. Flash is crippled with a history of substance abuse that's also shown in his relationship with the symbiote. His relationship with his family and the arc involving his Father is way different from the support Peter has always had. Overall his supporting cast is nothing like a Spidey book in fact the only thing that makes it similar is his power set and him having a secret identity.

You came in here just to thump SS which is a decent book but hasn't been going on for half as long and has way less material to even judge by. Also the first trade was great but the second was mediocre with no particularly memorable villains. So yeah, I stand by my first statement to you.
---
#10mahgah91Posted 5/5/2013 10:10:32 PM
LovingPacifist posted...
Claiming that Venom is almost identical to any Spidey book with Peter Parker makes me think you are trolling or flow in the head. Flash is crippled with a history of substance abuse that's also shown in his relationship with the symbiote. His relationship with his family and the arc involving his Father is way different from the support Peter has always had. Overall his supporting cast is nothing like a Spidey book in fact the only thing that makes it similar is his power set and him having a secret identity.

You came in here just to thump SS which is a decent book but hasn't been going on for half as long and has way less material to even judge by. Also the first trade was great but the second was mediocre with no particularly memorable villains. So yeah, I stand by my first statement to you.

When did I say Venom was almost identical to a Spidey book?