Ultimate Universe Not ending , getting relaunched soon!

#11pblimp360Posted 1/10/2014 9:26:32 AM
Cthulhu_Fhtagn posted...
So no Miles in 616? I could not be happier.

The only thing that would make me happier is them doing away with SpOck for the real Peter...Oh wait!...They are. : )

This news sounds great btw. I just assumed they were done with the Ultimate universe with all that crap they allow Loeb to do. Glad to be wrong.
---
Death isn't the exit of existence. It's the entrance into eternity. R.I.P Zora Nelson 3/6/13 Forever loved
#12JyaganPosted 1/10/2014 9:44:16 AM
This shouldn't be a surprise, given that the last arc of UC Spider-man ended with a handful of dangling plot threads.
---
Nothing you do will have effect if you do not use truth.
#13Ravage58IIPosted 1/10/2014 10:00:15 AM
pblimp360 posted...
Cthulhu_Fhtagn posted...
So no Miles in 616? I could not be happier.

The only thing that would make me happier is them doing away with SpOck for the real Peter...Oh wait!...They are. : )

This news sounds great btw. I just assumed they were done with the Ultimate universe with all that crap they allow Loeb to do. Glad to be wrong.

Meh, SpOck is great.

Only thing greater is Miguel. Which is also in the book, so IMO it's like the best Spidey Book EVAR!
---
"Topically applied fluoride doesn't prevent tooth decay! It does render teeth detectable by spy satellite" - The Question
#14RidhaltahaPosted 1/10/2014 10:02:18 AM
Shale0 posted...
Also HOLY S*** MICHEL FIFFE ON A BIG TWO BOOK.

Exactly my first thought when I heard the news. I'm definitely going to have to get that book.
#15tara720Posted 1/10/2014 10:04:12 AM
I hope that when they do end the ultimate line, they do it in a way other than ending the universe. Like, have all the heroes overcome the massive threat and boom, happy ending. **** off with the grimdark "THE UNIVERSE IS GOING TO END" stuff. The Ult universe is already too full of death without ending the entire universe and killing everybody in it :(

COPRA's the Suicide Squad comic, right? Or is that something else?
---
The Manhunter then walks out invisibly through the walls and leaves a dead midget and an unsoluble mystery. - Alan Moore
http://i.imgur.com/S2Y2hNw.gif
#1660fpsPosted 1/10/2014 10:10:14 AM
^That isn't an ending. Things would have to actually end for it to be ended. Death isn't grim dark. It's an actuality people just don't look forward to.

If they end the line without finality then it will be left in obscurity like Supreme Power's universe which has pretty much went out with a whimper. Total conclusion would be the only proper send off for the Ultimate universe. It deserves that much.
---
Currently playing: Marvel Heroes, Avengers Alliance, Warframe.
#17tara720Posted 1/10/2014 10:13:51 AM
Sure it's an ending. You can end a story without killing the entire universe, it's done with most stories. I don't remember the bit in Of Mice and Men where Lenny punched the multiverse and caused it to collapse in on itself, or the bit in Hamlet where those witches formed an anti-monitor and ended the universe.
---
The Manhunter then walks out invisibly through the walls and leaves a dead midget and an unsoluble mystery. - Alan Moore
http://i.imgur.com/S2Y2hNw.gif
#18Shale0Posted 1/10/2014 10:18:35 AM
tara720 posted...
COPRA's the Suicide Squad comic, right? Or is that something else?

Sort of? He wrote a book before COPRA that was literally a Suicide Squad fan-comic, with Deadshot and Amanda Waller and everybody. COPRA isn't that blatant, but it's still a team of supervillains/antiheroes working for the government who are commanded by a stout black woman and die a lot.
---
It's a man's life in the British Dental Association!
http://apps.washingtonpost.com/national/fallen/
#1960fpsPosted 1/10/2014 10:20:16 AM
Those stories aren't extensions of other universes. 616 has been officially attached to Ultimate so you can't end Ultimate as long as it can still be connected to 616. It would just be left in obscurity.

2099 didn't end when they stopped publishing those books. They kept coming back under any sad excuse to reuse what was never completely disposed of. That's what would happen to Ultimate. It would just be continuously perverted past it's welcome unless a true nail was put into it's coffin.
---
Currently playing: Marvel Heroes, Avengers Alliance, Warframe.
#20LunarRoarPosted 1/10/2014 1:59:57 PM
I'll be very damn upset if the villain they're teasing for Miles is Green Goblin/Norman Osborn.
---
http://backloggery.com/lunarroar
Official Abra of the Pokemon X/Y Boards