TEKKEN Revolution: Update

#1LePatron93Posted 7/27/2013 7:08:58 PM
Just wondering if anyone has the update that's supposed to be out this month for Tekken, revolution.
When it should be out in North Anerica?

I know it was supposed to come out in Europe, on the 24th but so far I haven't head of anybody getting it yet.

Since the 23rd I haven't found any news, on the subject.

Hoping it comes out soon for all of us. So that I can practice while waiting for my coins to regenerate.

Also does anyone know anything about that new Female Vamire, character
Like when to expect her, etc?
---
---Spamming in Tekken is a crime, punishable by the HOLY SUPREME COURT OF AWESOME FIGHTING GAMES!!!
#2Dark SymphonyPosted 7/27/2013 7:17:17 PM
I don't know jack. I keep hearing mixed things about the update. I wish I could be more constructive regarding what you're asking but I feel really compelled to tell you to just play TTT2 so you can get around that idiotic monetization scheme that Revolution has going on.
#3trollsfirePosted 7/27/2013 10:08:43 PM
I downloaded the European version on Wednesday that is updated. I only play ranked and arcade so I cant comment on the changes made to player matches but I like it overall.

As long as you are playing on the same account you can switch between the two and use the same characters stats and earnings. The two versions will have separate listings under the game section of the XMB.

The effect from power and endurance boosts has been lowered by what seems like about 25 percent compared to the current US version. I can't tell about vigor one way or another.

The new costumes cost 1.59 pounds( $2.11) each and there are 2 sets for each male character and 3 for the female with the third set being the bikinis from TTT2. Each set comes with 3 color variations. You can get a still frame preview before you buy them.

There is one new power effect for the few characters I looked at and cost 4.79 pounds( $7.37). You get a still frame of each power effect with the moves that use them as a preview.

The training mode is bare bones for the most part. You only have the option of fighting in an open or walled arena and go against the wooden training dummy. The dummy cannot be set to jump, duck, block or anything else. You do have the option of viewing the command list and having one move at a time displayed while you practice.

The arcade mode has hard and very hard settings now that give 50 and 100 boost to earnings respectively. The characters you fight against have random stats applied. You have a chance of fighting against gold Ogre for the final boss which has better AI than the normal and provides a bigger reward. You also have a chance of fighting against the training dummy that has a random characters moveset. He also gives a bigger reward. The AI putts up a better fight than before, especially in very hard. I lost tonight in arcade mode against gold ogre on very hard.. That was my first loss in arcade mode in over sixty games.

There are two new gift characters and two new stages.
---
Light a fire for a man and you`ll warm him for a few hours...Light a man on fire and you`ll warm him for the rest of his life
#4nightlovenightPosted 7/28/2013 3:09:10 AM
Revolution is for people who can't get used to the main game's Tag and bound system.
I seriously hope that those elements remain :(
Play Tag 2! it's better and more challenging.
---
HE SHALL NOT BE SILENCED!
#5KoolAssAssassinPosted 7/29/2013 8:40:09 AM
nightlovenight posted...
Revolution is for people who can't get used to the main game's Tag and bound system.

I like Revolution, and I play Tag just fine.

This post is hilariously stupid for two reasons. 1) Out of the ~8 Tekken games, only 2 of them have had Tag mechanics and 2) Bound has only been around for 2 Tekken games. In other words, the reason some like TR could be less to do with inability to cope with Bound and Tag, and more to do with preferring a play style void of those two mechanics, you know the way Tekken has been for the vast majority of its existence.
#6LePatron93(Topic Creator)Posted 7/29/2013 7:13:41 PM
KoolAssAssassin posted...
nightlovenight posted...

I like Revolution, and I play Tag just fine.

This post is hilariously stupid for two reasons. 1) Out of the ~8 Tekken games, only 2 of them have had Tag mechanics and 2) Bound has only been around for 2 Tekken games. In other words, the reason some like TR could be less to do with inability to cope with Bound and Tag, and more to do with preferring a play style void of those two mechanics, you know the way Tekken has been for the vast majority of its existence.

I agree.

And to the first message, I'm not buy Tag2 cause im too cheap to buy it.
Next Tekken I bu will be Tekken 7. I dont buy anything on TR. im playing it cause its free and fun to play online.

I think ill wait for the US version.

One guy on another forum thinks it'l be ot on wednesday.
---
---Spamming in Tekken is a crime, punishable by the HOLY SUPREME COURT OF AWESOME FIGHTING GAMES!!!
#7Solid SonicPosted 7/30/2013 5:24:08 PM
You people play this? Lel.
---
Every post I make is with integrity and sincerity. I'm pretty sure you're the troll, not me.
#8swedish svenPosted 7/30/2013 9:02:32 PM
Play Tag 2, don't play F2P games.
---
Reagan sighed as he drew his katana.
#9LarenzW16Posted 7/31/2013 2:22:56 PM
Have anyone else fought mokujin, testujin, and gold ogre on tekken revolution?! I found them in arcade mode on very hard.
WARNING!!!!!!! They are a challenge, but beatable, and the reward is good.
#10trollsfirePosted 7/31/2013 7:22:15 PM
Fought against mokujin a few times. It wasn't a challenge at all, in fact I never knew what style it was using because it died so fast. Gold Ogre on the other hand has provided a fun challenge and the only thing in arcade mode I lost to (two out of four times I've fought him on very hard). If people are complaining about Lazunas being cheap, wait until full ogre is available.

I did not know the metal version was in TR. Can't wait to fight him.
---
Light a fire for a man and you`ll warm him for a few hours...Light a man on fire and you`ll warm him for the rest of his life