Binary Trees make me sick :(

#141bob3rt24Posted 3/4/2013 10:23:35 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#142ReconditePhreakPosted 3/4/2013 11:15:53 PM
You aren't though because Skel never made an inference to performance.

Which is why his statement was worthless and actively hurtful. It is possible to teach a thing that's harmful to the persons future development even though it "feels nice".

And it looks like the TC gets that too.

Which is unfortunate. That'll bite him in the ***.

When you actually have to apply one then maybe you have a point. However when starting out Data Structs are overwhelming, and stripping it down to Legos isn't going to hurt someone.

Obviously I'm one of the more intelligent people in this thread, as I didn't need someone to tell me they were all like a linked list in order to understand what was going on. Perhaps my University was better, or who knows, maybe it was because I understood what a reference was due to my experience with C and C++.

Nah, who am I kidding, I'm just extremely intelligent. I learned C in my Data Structures course, I had only been exposed to C++ up to that point (from the family of C languages).

I think it's fair to say the issue is that I'm not used to dealing with individuals who aren't as intelligent as I am, stupidity makes me impatient.

However Judging from how hostile you are you probably had Mega Blocks, which is why you're so touchy about performance, because they aren't as nice as Legos

Bob, calm down, there's no reason for you to get so angry over an internet discussion. It raises your blood pressure, and increases the likelihood you'll have a heart attack at a young age. This discussion isn't worth getting angry over, and it certainly isn't worth the hysterics or the language.
---
Believes the individuals who report to moderators wish they had more control than they do.
#143bob3rt24Posted 3/4/2013 11:21:24 PM
ReconditePhreak posted...
You aren't though because Skel never made an inference to performance.

Which is why his statement was worthless and actively hurtful. It is possible to teach a thing that's harmful to the persons future development even though it "feels nice".

And it looks like the TC gets that too.

Which is unfortunate. That'll bite him in the ***.

When you actually have to apply one then maybe you have a point. However when starting out Data Structs are overwhelming, and stripping it down to Legos isn't going to hurt someone.

Obviously I'm one of the more intelligent people in this thread, as I didn't need someone to tell me they were all like a linked list in order to understand what was going on. Perhaps my University was better, or who knows, maybe it was because I understood what a reference was due to my experience with C and C++.

Nah, who am I kidding, I'm just extremely intelligent. I learned C in my Data Structures course, I had only been exposed to C++ up to that point (from the family of C languages).

I think it's fair to say the issue is that I'm not used to dealing with individuals who aren't as intelligent as I am, stupidity makes me impatient.

However Judging from how hostile you are you probably had Mega Blocks, which is why you're so touchy about performance, because they aren't as nice as Legos

Bob, calm down, there's no reason for you to get so angry over an internet discussion. It raises your blood pressure, and increases the likelihood you'll have a heart attack at a young age. This discussion isn't worth getting angry over, and it certainly isn't worth the hysterics or the language.

Now You've officially disqualified yourself. If you stayed humble I might have bought in, but nope. I did all mine in C++ as well, I don't see what you're getting at. Thinking that makes you better.
---
I've lost my charge, I've been degaussed.
I'm on my own, I've been degaussed.
#144ReconditePhreakPosted 3/4/2013 11:54:06 PM(edited)
Bob, I've already asked you once to calm down. Why are you so angry? You've even got the moderators deleting your stuff due to the language. CALM DOWN.

---
Believes the individuals who report to moderators wish they had more control than they do.
#145scar the 1Posted 3/5/2013 1:05:30 AM
I still haven't learned C. I touched a bit upon it in an OS course, when we did a small kernel for a MIPS processor.

I did learn C++ in the Data Structures course, though. I mean, I still don't know it, but I can at least use it to an extent.
---
Everything has an end, except for the sausage. It has two.
#146ISDcaptain01(Topic Creator)Posted 3/5/2013 1:23:31 AM
The argument:

Skel: all road vehicles are made out of tires, engines, windows and plating

RP: what, there is a fundamental difference between a race car and sedan

Skel: yes but they both wheels and an engine and outer plating

RP: Yes but a race car always goes faster than a minivan

PTP: um RP, he's not even talking which goes faster, he just saying
. they all have wheels, engine, windows etc etc.

---
lol at --> http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/user.php?=89123
#147scar the 1Posted 3/5/2013 2:07:48 AM
ISDcaptain01 posted...
The argument:

Skel: all road vehicles are made out of tires, engines, windows and plating

RP: what, there is a fundamental difference between a race car and sedan

Skel: yes but they both wheels and an engine and outer plating

RP: Yes but a race car always goes faster than a minivan

PTP: um RP, he's not even talking which goes faster, he just saying
. they all have wheels, engine, windows etc etc.

That's a bit of a misrepresentation, which I'm sure RP will tell you, if he even bothers. The issue is that in saying all road vehicles are made out of tires, engines, windows and plating Skel also says that they are all basically the same. This seems to imply that you can use a race car or a minivan interchangeably regardless of the situation. Nitpicky detail, I know, but it's a bit different from how you characterized it.
---
#148bob3rt24Posted 3/5/2013 2:50:36 AM
scar the 1 posted...
I still haven't learned C. I touched a bit upon it in an OS course, when we did a small kernel for a MIPS processor.

I did learn C++ in the Data Structures course, though. I mean, I still don't know it, but I can at least use it to an extent.

oh you did that too? actually we didn't do that, we made a linux shell out of C. Everything else was made out of C++
---
#149scar the 1Posted 3/5/2013 2:52:02 AM
bob3rt24 posted...
scar the 1 posted...

oh you did that too? actually we didn't do that, we made a linux shell out of C. Everything else was made out of C++

Yeah, we got to make a simple file system (with the blocks being byte arrays of length 256) in Java, but we could choose any C family language. So me and my friend chose D =)
---
#150bob3rt24Posted 3/5/2013 2:55:32 AM
lol I didn't even know I got modded because he censored bypass and I quoted him. Oh well. I'm not the one who needs to calm down. I really think he's joking if he actually thinks I'm actually mad.
---