I would have followed you, my brother. My captain. My king.

#11Smokey_Bera(Topic Creator)Posted 10/22/2012 7:51:55 PM(edited)
Quote:Oh right, he did have it there, and gave it back. I thought you were talking about the end scene.

That mountain scene is indeed only in the movie. It makes Boromir one of only three people in history to ever give up the Ring willingly, after having it in their possession (the other two being Bilbo and Sam).

@Wstonefi

And Tom Bambodil.
---
One love
One heart
#12WstonefiPosted 10/22/2012 7:57:51 PM
Bombadil does not exist in the movie universe though :P
#13MasterAdeptAlexPosted 10/23/2012 10:51:16 AM
Borimir was hesitant to give back the ring. Frodo had to quickly snatched it from him before he changed his mind about it.
---
"Damn you to hell, Wong." Chris Redfield in Resident Evil 6
#14Cubs017Posted 10/23/2012 11:08:41 AM
I feel like there's a bit of a difference between Boromir picking the Ring up and holding it for five seconds before it's snatched away and him having control of it and choosing to give it away.
---
Winner of Character Battle VII
#15avataR_KeybladePosted 10/25/2012 1:33:24 AM
Yes, I did. As much of an ass Boromir was to Frodo, he repented. And he did try his best to defend Merry and Pippin. And looking at how many orcs he fought, he died fighting.
---
"Yeah, I'm gonna RENOVATE your ass!" - Kanji Tatsumi
#16phudabulahPosted 10/26/2012 4:25:55 PM
Boromir had the best character arc in the films.
---
ride the tiger
you can see his stripes but you know he's clean
#17ChocolatlPosted 10/26/2012 6:43:09 PM
There's no question that his story is redemptive.
---
Why shouldn't truth be stranger than fiction? Fiction, after all, has to make sense.--Mark Twain
#18Teh WangPosted 10/27/2012 11:01:25 AM
Headstrong, wanting to please his father, wasn't truly aware of the power of the Ring.

I definitely still tear up a bit at the scene of his death.

Sean Bean and Viggo Mortensen do a great job throughout. This is just an emotional charged scene. Boromir recognizes what he's done, and puts his life down to protect the little ones. Realizes he was wrong about the character of Aragorn, and tries to make his peace with him.
---
- Savvy?
#19BewmHedshotPosted 10/27/2012 11:17:51 AM
Teh Wang posted...
Headstrong, wanting to please his father, wasn't truly aware of the power of the Ring.

He was there at the Fellowship meeting. He saw Gandalf refuse to touch the ring and Gimli's axe not so much as scratch it... And you can be sure he knew who Elrond was; if the 6,000 year old Lord of Rivendell gives the matter enough heed to personally host that meeting you'd think even a thickheaded Man would get the idea. Also he just came out of a cave where Gandalf died to protect the ringbearer, he knew it wasn't some trinket.
---
Money may not buy happiness, but I'll take my ****ing chances.
#20th3warr1orPosted 10/27/2012 1:19:36 PM
BewmHedshot posted...
Teh Wang posted...

He was there at the Fellowship meeting. He saw Gandalf refuse to touch the ring and Gimli's axe not so much as scratch it... And you can be sure he knew who Elrond was; if the 6,000 year old Lord of Rivendell gives the matter enough heed to personally host that meeting you'd think even a thickheaded Man would get the idea. Also he just came out of a cave where Gandalf died to protect the ringbearer, he knew it wasn't some trinket.

My guess is that he thought they were paranoid.
---
I am Thor Odinson of the Vikings, giant. I am not the god of reason and understanding. I am the god of Thunder and Lightning!