Vodka vs. Beer vs. Rum in terms of weight gain

#1WaeahamaearaPosted 2/23/2012 12:00:52 AM
Does any one alcohol make you gain weight more?

For fairness purposes, assume vodka and rum is being mixed with Coke.
---
Wehmer
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v391/zombi_king/wonderboy1.gif
#2selim_bradleyPosted 2/23/2012 12:03:37 AM
how about stop doing Drugs.. they are bad for you
---
http://cdn.myanimelist.net/images/characters/5/71042.jpg
#3MetalOcelotPosted 2/23/2012 12:09:58 AM
selim_bradley posted...
how about stop doing Drugs.. they are bad for you

---
Rousimar Palhares puts on funny fights. There should be a bonus for that, Dana.
#4misticknight1Posted 2/23/2012 12:32:01 AM
if your mixing the vodka and rum then i would assume its worse in terms of vodka, but idk i dont drink
---
"After I got through with Bisping the only person that would ask for his signature is FedEx." - Chael Sonnen
#5MetalOcelotPosted 2/23/2012 12:38:38 AM
I think beer would still be the worst.

I can't imagine vodka and rum being that bad other than the soda. I also wonder if there is a difference between Dark, White, and Spiced rum. The white would probably be the one your looking at if your mixing it with coke
---
Rousimar Palhares puts on funny fights. There should be a bonus for that, Dana.
#6NSerPosted 2/23/2012 1:03:29 AM
As far a pure calories, beer has a fair bit more than vodka. I dunno about rum. A shot of vodka has 60-70 calories whereas beer has ~100 if you go with light beer, and probably closer to 200-300 if you drink regular beer. So I could conceivably have ~10 shots of vodka and have the same amount of calories as 2-3 beers.

I can't really comment on rum though tbh. I mainly drink vodka and whiskey if I'm not drinking beer--though I enjoy the occasional mixed drink as well.

If you're worried about weight gain, mix the vodka/rum with a diet soda or something. I've heard that vodka is alright with orange soda, and I'm positive there's a diet orange soda out there somewhere. Same with diet Coke and rum.

I've also heard that beer is "estrogenic," which, from my understanding, means it's more likely to cause you to develop man boobs.

Of course, most of this is from personal experience and it will vary depending on what brands you like to drink and etc, but I've always felt like I could get more drunk off vodka/whiskey than beer, and definitely with less calories--especially since I don't mix anything at all.
---
"Topic: SotC has reminded me...........If you give your all to a beautiful unconsciene woman, it'll only end in misery. :P"--ServB0ts on SotC
#7Samman123Posted 2/23/2012 1:36:34 AM
I don't drink, I just take painkillers or anti-anxiety pills to relax. Alcohol takes away your gains.
---
MMA fan for life.
#8Waeahamaeara(Topic Creator)Posted 2/23/2012 1:43:17 AM
Hey, I'm on anti-anxiety meds as well! High five for crippling mental illnesses
---
Wehmer
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v391/zombi_king/wonderboy1.gif
#9TheFeralWarriorPosted 2/23/2012 4:48:54 AM
I would assume that beer would make you gain the most. I stick tequila, so I don't have to worry about that bloated feeling too much. However, I do tend to eat a lot more when I'm drunk.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag: TheFeralWarrior
Sawed-off Shotgun user and supporter
#10SophizticatedPosted 2/23/2012 4:56:29 AM
Drink Whiskey straight no chaser then hit the bench. You'll get results like you've never seen.
---
You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?
The Internet... The internet is where p****** live. - Dana White