The official Post-Olympics topic.

#101Shamrock99Posted 8/8/2012 1:36:27 PM
Yeah, I try to treat humans the same no matter what format of communication.
---
My Backloggery: http://www.backloggery.com/Kajicat
#102Tim_OsmanPosted 8/8/2012 3:39:05 PM
Kerosene, I understand your sentiment in your posts, but seriously you have to admit that the amount of trolling Ravenius has done in this topic is very bad. It's um.. odd that you're giving Shamrock a hard time while ignoring Ravenius and his "antics". The reason I say this is because any rational person who is up for a rational debate can see that Shamrock can, and has remained civil. And in your defense you have recognized this. But it's just silly how you ignore Ravenuis's stupidity goes ignored by yourself. Unless his is intentional and you realize that he's an obvious troll who doesn't deserve a response.

I'd even go so far as to say that the posts Ravenius made in this topic can be seen as a metaphor which represents the very reason that this board is no fun to come to anymore.

What I mean by that is that anyone who even slightly believes that any form of conspiracy theory is vehemently attack by skeptics and mocked full tilt. But what is worse is that most of the time these skeptics do not present logical reasons as to why he conspiracy is false, but rather, they resort to character attacks, outright insulting behavior, and derail topics.

It has thoroughly turned the Paranormal / Conspiracy board into the Anti-Paranormal / Anit-Conspiracy Board.
---
My point is where is the change Obama is promising? - hellanicus
#103Tim_OsmanPosted 8/8/2012 3:44:57 PM
Shamrock99 posted...
Yeah, I try to treat humans the same no matter what format of communication.

Good for you buddy, I try to do the same. Don't let trolls on the internet or in real life change that. I think the more that civil people present themselves on the internet the more civility will be be presented, albeit it's going to be a long time.
---
#104Shamrock99Posted 8/8/2012 4:12:12 PM
Tim_Osman posted...
...anyone who even slightly believes that[sic] any form of conspiracy theory is vehemently attack by skeptics and mocked full tilt.

This...this sooooooooo much...anyone who shows that they might keep an open mind to a conspiracy being real is immediately chastised for it by this boards "skeptics", and almost always in a rude manner.
---
#105Tim_OsmanPosted 8/8/2012 4:24:19 PM
It's almost as if...............wait for it....................there's a conspiracy to discredit conspiracy theorists.

No, I kid, But anyone who presents these theories are immediately branded a troll and discredited thorough character assassination. Any person who has taken a debating class (even high school ffs) knows that character assassination isn't a legitimate way to discredit an argument. However, sorely his is what this board has come too.
---
#106GreenTreeClubPosted 8/9/2012 1:46:07 PM
The Olympics are not over yet. What would happen if "Iranian agents" were to kidnap the USA's best Basketball players? Could you imagine Lebron, Kobe, Carmello, Chris Paul, etc being captured or worse?
---
TC of the first ever 500 post topic on Advice (Board #295)
#107Ravenius_sorsPosted 8/9/2012 2:35:13 PM(edited)
I am a troll now? Basically you guys cant discuss anything and are calling people who reject dumb websites and youtube videos as proof of anything, trolls.

Really? People on this board, shamrock included, dont even understand the concept of burden of proof.

Like I said before, this is not a creative writing board. Your dumb ideas are not paranormal nor conspiracy. If you have a conspiracy, you have to back it up with evidence

Lets take this topic for example:

ttp://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/214-paranormal-conspiracy/63634920

Look at the level of people trying to 'discuss'. Someone posts some articles that are stated after the criteria and are completely unrelated. This is the level I am dealing with here.

People on this board are to stupid to research their sources. If you support this kind of behavior you are the troll or a bachelor of arts graduate.

Look at this topic here:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/214-paranormal-conspiracy/63647876

You guys are blindly buying into the website. One guy comes out, questions the information and tries to check whether robert holmes was scheduled to testify. You guys call him a troll. How many of you checked out the information on validity? Not a single one of you, tim osman, shamrock and that other fellow even deserve to call anyone a troll. Instead of trying to proof ryan wrong, you call him a troll.

I said it before and I will say it again. You guys cant debate with us 'skeptics'. You dont understand burden of proof AND you blindly buy into anything that comes off every website. You should be modded for stupidity
#108Shamrock99Posted 8/9/2012 3:02:26 PM
I understand what burden of proof is, and that guy didn't follow up with it. Therefore, it's not proof. The ball was in his court and he couldn't do anything with it. He made the claim but couldn't prove it with evidence.

Doesn't change my mind at all about how posters like you and Ryan act. You guys do an awful lot of trolling. Hopefully things will get better from here on out for the board.
---
#109Sillyknees(Topic Creator)Posted 8/10/2012 6:28:49 PM
Shamrock99 posted...
I understand what burden of proof is

I really don't think you do, Sham.
#110ryan0991Posted 8/10/2012 7:22:52 PM(edited)
*enters topic*

*sees Shamrock complaining about skeptics*

*enters another topic*

*enters another topic*

Give it a rest.

I could just as well claim that you're trolling for derailing so many topics.
---
http://gamercard.xbox360achievements.org/x360a-1/BOBtheMASTER.png
Could care less = you care at least somewhat. Couldn't care less = you don't care at all.