monsanto purchases Academi (formerly Xe, Blackwater)

#1googlerPosted 8/8/2013 8:51:27 AM
I guess to protect their exploits in Africa without government officially being "involved". It took them days (although probably already approved before hand given how in bed they are with this admin, or probably any previous administration) to swallow up land in Libya after Momar's fall. Perhaps more creative means are required to push their GMO garbage on the dark continent given general resistance
#2D_BartPosted 8/8/2013 9:24:42 AM
The Free Market at work people/
---
Splash
#3theSMITHSPosted 8/8/2013 1:51:55 PM
Monsanto can now go after Zapatistas who are selling GMO - free corn seeds to help support their communities and families.
---
http://dirtywars.org/
#4the_old_daysPosted 8/8/2013 6:54:24 PM(edited)
****, as the world's resources dwindle and corporations must operate in more and more unstable regions, I wouldn't be surprised if we see corporate owned PMCs and private military forces become the norm in the corporate world in 30 to 50 years.

My prediction for the United States 50 or so years from now.

1. Massive corporate mergers.

2. Corporate owned private military forces.

3. Carving out chunks of the icecaps for fresh water.

4. Thousands of mega farms employing 5 to 10 thousand employees each (possibly more) popping up all over the central and southern united states.

5. Huge, self sustaining arcologies housing the employees of said mega farms.

6. The return of corporate or "company towns" along with being paid in company credit. The vast majority of employment options in the US will operate off of a similar system.

7. The disappearance of standardized currency to be replaced by a resource based credit system. However, a global economic system will remain in place.

8. People will stop traveling so much. As fuel resources continue to dwindle, the average non military american will travel less and less from their home/birth place per generation.

9. The depopulation of many american cities.

Basically, corporations will own american citizens. A high percentage of americans will work for the same corporation their parents worked for, and their children in turn will work for the same corporation they worked for.

Higher education will be accessible via aptitude testing and privilege. For instance, if you test high enough, your "parent" corporation will pay for your Ivy League education or "state school" education, but you'll owe said corporation an X amount of years of employment following graduation. If you study in a field not useful to your "parent" corporation, they'll lease you out to a different company. Academia will receive grants via corporations. There will still be sports scholarships and freedom of choice for the privileged, but options will be severely limited for those who used to make up the lower and middle classes in the US. Basically,independence will vanish in every form, whether it be business, academia, etc.

Lots of changes socially, politically, and financially still need to happen in the US in order for many of those predictions to come true, but it is obvious to me that this is the direction we are headed.
---
One million days and nights of all this pain and struggle, and all for what I ask? Nothing but hate and trouble.
#550inchDLPPosted 8/9/2013 1:39:25 AM
the_old_days posted...
****, as the world's resources dwindle and corporations must operate in more and more unstable regions, I wouldn't be surprised if we see corporate owned PMCs and private military forces become the norm in the corporate world in 30 to 50 years.

My prediction for the United States 50 or so years from now.

1. Massive corporate mergers.

2. Corporate owned private military forces.

3. Carving out chunks of the icecaps for fresh water.

4. Thousands of mega farms employing 5 to 10 thousand employees each (possibly more) popping up all over the central and southern united states.

5. Huge, self sustaining arcologies housing the employees of said mega farms.

6. The return of corporate or "company towns" along with being paid in company credit. The vast majority of employment options in the US will operate off of a similar system.

7. The disappearance of standardized currency to be replaced by a resource based credit system. However, a global economic system will remain in place.

8. People will stop traveling so much. As fuel resources continue to dwindle, the average non military american will travel less and less from their home/birth place per generation.

9. The depopulation of many american cities.

Basically, corporations will own american citizens. A high percentage of americans will work for the same corporation their parents worked for, and their children in turn will work for the same corporation they worked for.

Higher education will be accessible via aptitude testing and privilege. For instance, if you test high enough, your "parent" corporation will pay for your Ivy League education or "state school" education, but you'll owe said corporation an X amount of years of employment following graduation. If you study in a field not useful to your "parent" corporation, they'll lease you out to a different company. Academia will receive grants via corporations. There will still be sports scholarships and freedom of choice for the privileged, but options will be severely limited for those who used to make up the lower and middle classes in the US. Basically,independence will vanish in every form, whether it be business, academia, etc.

Lots of changes socially, politically, and financially still need to happen in the US in order for many of those predictions to come true, but it is obvious to me that this is the direction we are headed.

This is what everyone who has been paying attention already knows. The majority of people have their ipods and their TV programs and facebooks and cell phones so they are oblivious. soon a post like yours will land you in jail though.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/Thereal50inchDLP -contains my Dreamcast project of putting HD vids of each US game up.http://bf3stats.com/stats_360/louerina
#6mykneegrowPosted 8/9/2013 4:01:06 AM
monsanto is umbrella
#7modelshidden2Posted 8/9/2013 3:19:46 PM
Monsanto made a bid for Atlus.
---
Asexual, and proud.
Check me out on YouTube: modelshidden2
#8vamosalaplayaPosted 8/9/2013 9:20:16 PM
Do you really think that in 30 years humans will even be required for anything beside technician or consumer? Who needs a lot of farmers who have human needs and desires when you can automate the machinery and simply have technician and mechanic groups to maintain it? Predicting the future is masochism. The only ones who aren't entirely wrong are those who inspire the future to make the muse's dream a reality...

Buying a security firm is a pretty smart move for a company like Monsanto. There is no doubt they intend on permeating the economic frontiers and exploiting while the exploiting is good. Doesn't hurt to have protection especially in this era of corporate espionage. I wonder what cyber security firms they own if they are smart. Can't wait to see the genetically modified super soldiers XD
#9bigboyhowdy2Posted 8/10/2013 12:52:16 AM
What the hell can be done to reverse this nightmare?
---
XBL GT: oD3SP3RAD0o