Ash's father...Giovanni??!

#1ColebyPosted 2/19/2012 3:24:52 PM
I was bored and decided to look up on Google any information pertaining to the whereabouts of Ash's dad, when I came across this, on Yahoo Answers:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090326091425AAlkBp3

This person basically 'confirms' that Ash's father is no other than infamous Team Rocket leader, Giovanni. Furthermore, he goes on to say that Ash's mother, Dalia Ketchum, was also part of Team Rocket, but quit.

So, like, WTH is this guy talking about? Is there some sort of source that proves this? He also provided two links as 'evidence', but the Wiki article on Ash says nothing about this matter, and the second link is broken. Is he just BS'ing?

In any case, it's a very interesting concept, one that I'd like to believe. I mean, it seems so weird, considering that Dalia is so sweet and kind and somewhat innocent (not to mention questioningly involved with Professor Oak), while Giovanni is basically evil, uses Pokemon for his own advantage, and is the leader of a gang of thieves. It would make sense that he raped her, but I'm sure the creators would never go with that storyline. >_> Also, Giovanni Ketchum sounds...ugly. Hasn't his last name been revealed in the anime? Or maybe I'm just making things up...in any case, it doesn't quite ring. Maybe, if the story were true, Dalia changed her last name or went with her maiden name, or something, to protect Ash.

Man, this is almost as fascinating as when I was reading about Jessie's mother, Miyamoto!
---
"The PrematureEjaculation blues...any advice on beating this problem?"
"Shouldn't it be "The PrematureEjaculation whites..."?~luvbutts
#2VideoGamer992Posted 2/19/2012 3:57:18 PM
From what I understand, the only source that ever says that Giovanni is Ash's dad is that Pokemon Live! thing, which is obviously not canon in any way.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pokemon_Live!

Considering Silver is the canon son of Giovanni in the games and Silver was very briefly confirmed to exist in the anime, he's probably still the only son of Giovanni. But there's no hints that make any single character a real suspect to be Ash's dad.
---
http://i.imgur.com/Su9Ot.gif
#3pokedude900Posted 2/19/2012 4:19:51 PM
Why are you using Yahoo answers for your information?

Anyway, what VideoGamer said.

Also, Silver is the confirmed son of Giovanni in both the games and the manga, so that pretty much cements it as universal fact.
---
"Only 2 things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former"-Albert Einstein; see my quote for discussion of both
#4kotorkid95Posted 2/19/2012 4:26:23 PM
We saw giovanni's son in the game. Was it heartgold/soulsilver? The one with the celebi event. We learn that the guy is Giovannis son.
---
8 out of every 5 people suffer from math illiteracy.
#5tvmasterdoodlesPosted 2/19/2012 7:37:20 PM
yes but silver never appears in the anime sans a japan only special opening
---
Diamond FC:0817-3919-8995
Black FC: 3224 4870 9223
#6DonkeyKongSongPosted 2/19/2012 10:03:58 PM
That's a very common rumor, but there's no proof of it. The identity of Ash's father may just be one of those things that you're not supposed to know, like what state Springfield is in on The Simpsons. However, a part of me says it may have been revealed had the series ended after Indigo or Orange as initially planned. This also makes me wonder about how they would have handled what Gary's first Pokémon was... I can't believe I didn't mention it in that old thread Antiyonder made...
---
Petition to merge the broadcast and cable TV boards into one:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/7-site-suggestions/57681911
#7pokedude900Posted 2/20/2012 4:34:03 AM
You know, I actually remember reading a chapter of The Electric Tale of Pikachu where it showed that Gary's starter was Squirtle. This was way before they revealed it in the anime.
---
"Only 2 things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former"-Albert Einstein; see my quote for discussion of both
#8CM101PlayPosted 2/20/2012 12:35:09 PM
Ash's dad has been mentioned in the anime, right? Maybe whenever the series is over Ash will face him as the Champion of a League, or some universal champion of all the leagues so he can become a Pokemon Master.
---
Roll Tide for the National Champions! RMFT!
If you believe in Jesus Christ and are 100% proud put this as your signature
#9pokedude900Posted 2/20/2012 1:23:01 PM
That would cause a bit of a problem. Ash would probably have to be pretty famous if his dad was the world champion. And the only people that ever recognize him are ones that watched the league battles. A surprisingly small amount.

You know, I don't think Ash's dad has been mentioned once since he first got to Viridian City.
---
#10tvmasterdoodlesPosted 2/20/2012 1:43:46 PM
plus in the japanese version it was hig GRANDFATHER who was mentioned
---
Diamond FC:0817-3919-8995
Black FC: 3224 4870 9223