Pokemon X/Y series off to a solid start. *Spoilers*

#1EdwardoMario16Posted 10/19/2013 12:00:05 PM
"Gotta Catch 'Em All" is back
No dumb theme song.
No humilating braindead losses to a first time trainer/rival.
Clemont is already superior to Cilan
Jumping off a Skyscraper.
Classic Team Rocket.
Serena is looking like Dawn 2.0.

Nope, can't find anything to complain about. Pretty solid.
---
This is the worst bird yet.
White 2 FC: 3483 0523 8765
#2pokedude900Posted 10/19/2013 12:01:24 PM
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/217-pokemon/67547485

And I'm sure there will be a theme song. They just haven't finished making it yet.
---
http://i.minus.com/ieHXsgokPt2on.gif http://i.minus.com/i622MYcbWdLNZ.gif
Come to the board in my profile for random discussion. Though mainly anime.
#3OshawottGuy4Posted 10/19/2013 12:03:21 PM
I really did like the first 2 episodes of X and Y. It's a shame we have to wait a bunch of weeks or so for more episodes in english...
---
Remember me Chespin? When I killed Oshawott, I Talked! JUST LIKE THIIISSS!!!
Oshawott, Chrom, Chespin and Bowser Jr. for SSB4
#4OshawottGuy4Posted 10/19/2013 12:04:06 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#5SlimeStackPosted 10/19/2013 12:14:35 PM
I loved everything about this opener. Best one we've had in a very long time.

Haven't seen the dub yet though - what's this gotta catch em all business?

I'm pretty sure the AG and DP previews skipped the OPs too. Though if XY managed to not have an OP it really won't be a loss at all. We don't need 20 seconds of "I love you! POKÉMON! We'll do this together! POKÉMON!" playing while we watch horribly butchered and badly cut edits of the JP footage.
---
Blah.
#6tvmasterdoodlesPosted 10/19/2013 2:13:45 PM(edited)
Ash didn't seem as braindead as I've feared, and honestly I didn't really see Pikachu dropping in power this time around. The animation looked superb though i'm certain it won't last. At least Ash remembers some old Pokemon this time, but only time will tell if when he catches Fletchling will he forget to weaken it first like back in Unova! I really hope he goes back to the mentor type trainer he was in Hoenn and Sinnoh, and with any luck he'll finally catch that Lucario he so desperately needs and start rotating around his new team and his old Pokémon. Now that the old Gotta Catch 'Em All! Slogan is back he'll probably start catching more than just 5 (I know he caught more in Unova but I'd like to pretend a majority of it never happen).
---
Just shows how the Internet can be used and abused by anyone with any story to sell!
#7EdwardoMario16(Topic Creator)Posted 10/19/2013 2:10:32 PM
The animation looked superb though i'm certain it won't last.

The animation was great but the lip syncing was a mess.
---
This is the worst bird yet.
White 2 FC: 3483 0523 8765
#8OshawottGuy4Posted 10/19/2013 2:12:54 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#9tvmasterdoodlesPosted 10/19/2013 2:22:52 PM
I like Clemont but I hate his sister, I really wish she wouldn't come with them. She's just gonna be another Max, only this one's what 4 years old? She's gonna meet all sorta new Pokémon and vow to come back for them one day but since time is virtually nonexistent here that day'll never come! HER WORDS MEAN NOTHING! I don't get why Clemont is so shy about the fact that he's the gym leader, We aren't gonna see any of his real Pokémon for I dunno how many episodes or whenever Ash Qualifies to challenge the Lumiose Gym. I honestly think Clemont can be a great character, he's pretty cool overall so far, that Aipom arm is sweet!
---
Just shows how the Internet can be used and abused by anyone with any story to sell!
#10MeowthPosted 10/19/2013 4:19:48 PM
Yeah some of the lip syncing was pretty bad... >_> Otherwise I really liked these episodes. great start.