Xeno Topic Chronicles XIV: Man whut a buncha postas!!

#471Cloudslash(Topic Creator)Posted 5/7/2012 1:18:06 PM
GAH, lost two units in the same battle >_<

But I'm pressing on for now. Actually, I still have a surplus of good units, and unlike Fire Emblem, at least there's always the option to buy and train new units to replace the old ones if you really want to.
---
"Might go somewhere sunny. Sit on beach, look at ocean, collect seashells. ...Might run tests on seashells." Mordin Solus
#472HorithPosted 5/7/2012 4:22:34 PM
Yup, my dad is awesome. As someone who knows a lot more about how things work in general than I do, he offered to open up my Wii and see if he could find what was wrong. While I might have been able to do that myself, I have a bad history of opening up my systems and controllers (my old PS2 controller won't read the triangle button input thanks to my fiddling around), and I didn't want to risk it.

What he found was the bits of spring metal that hold the game disc in place had become a little fatigued, and as a result, wouldn't hold the disc properly. He bent them back, and everything works fine, but I don't know how long the system will last. Probably a while, so long as I remember to actually take my games out of my system when I'm not using it (which is likely what caused this in the first place).

So once finals are done, and I either finish or decide to abandon my old Tales of the Abyss playthrough that I picked up again, I'll be playing Xenoblade. At long, long last.
---
"Now when I tell you to ascend to a higher plane of consciousness, you say HOW HIGH SIR?" --Bucky Katt
#473Darkstalker_CvSPosted 5/7/2012 5:43:46 PM
Glad you enjoyed Alpha Protocol shiva. The shooting overall is a little wonky, but my god is the game fun in general.
---
The discount for this count discounts the discounts for this count because this count's trying to discount discounts.
#474Dr JackalPosted 5/8/2012 1:21:40 AM
I bought Alpha Protocol for 10 bucks new back in December and still haven't played. My backlog is too big right now.

I'm almost done FFXIII-2. I'm at the final battle and I'll beat it tomorrow. Hopefully I'll be done all the post game stuff a couple days after that. Then it is on top The Witcher 2.
---
Undefeated lifetime.
Currently playing: Xenoblade Chronicles, FFXIII-2, Tales of Graces F, Skyrim, Zelda: SS
#475Darkstalker_CvSPosted 5/8/2012 8:54:43 AM
I have one and a half days to figure out exactly what I'm going to say in my open mic standup routine. Stress mode activated.
---
The discount for this count discounts the discounts for this count because this count's trying to discount discounts.
#476kimimiPosted 5/8/2012 8:58:47 AM
Oh wow! Good luck with that! :D
---
http://backloggery.com/kimimi
http://kimimisblog.blogspot.com/
#477Darkstalker_CvSPosted 5/8/2012 9:03:08 AM
Yeah, I hear my friends are trying to get a recording up and running too.

Got Skype (or other chat program) and time Kimimi? I'm sort of just going through what I'm planning to say and I wouldn't mind feedback
---
#478Dr JackalPosted 5/9/2012 12:02:19 PM
Beat FFXIII-2 and really enjoyed it. Not as much as FFXIII though. I didn't mind the ending like most people as long as there will be another installment.

The battle system was great as usual and monster infusions were pretty cool. I still need to do all the post story stuff. I thought Noel was a good character and I like Caius as well. Not really big on Serah though and Mog annoyed the hell out of me. I'm not a fan of a girl doing the voice. The "kupos" sounded awkward.

The time travel element was cool. It would have been better if it could affect other time zones more than just the scripted stuff.

I loved the soundtrack too.
---
Undefeated lifetime.
Currently playing: Xenoblade Chronicles, FFXIII-2, Tales of Graces F, Skyrim, Zelda: SS
#479BeccaPosted 5/9/2012 2:36:43 PM
I am so freaking slow playing Tales of Graces. I only get like an hour every other night to play.
---
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
playing: Tales of Graces F (PS3)
#480Gaming_Pal_TEJPosted 5/9/2012 3:37:24 PM
I just saw the avengers. It was groooooooovy

I am also replaying god hand. damn, this game is magnificent.
---
Hooah!