Help bring Bravely Default (RPG - 3DS- Square) to US/Europe

#31Gaming_Pal_TEJPosted 12/25/2012 6:09:59 PM
I meant from you.

Silly me, assuming that when some says a game is amazing, one of the best around it meant they actually played the damned game.
---
Hooah!
#32JunpeiIoriPosted 12/25/2012 9:42:20 PM
Nope, we only need hype and word of mouth to cry and whine that a game hasn't been announced yet!

Hey, Xenoblade was touted to be the second coming and look how that turned out! Oh wait...it wasn't very good. Hmm...
---
PSN / XBL: JunpeiIori
Well, everyone knows Custer died at Little Bighorn. What this book presupposes is... maybe he didn't.
#33badboyPosted 12/25/2012 10:58:50 PM
All the Bravest will be eventually released, don't worry.
#34HolyAjoraPosted 12/26/2012 8:35:00 AM
It is a bit silly to declare a game as good without having played it. Opinions of others. Information on how the game plays. Videos of the game in action. So on and so forth. Those only go so far. They can't really replace actual experience. That being said, let's keep in mind the following.

By deciding what games to purchase or pass on, we're in a sense making a judgment on the game. Last I checked people usually are not going to be like "Wow, that game looks horrible! I must buy it right away!" People tend to purchase stuff they have confidence will be good.

Of course part of the problem is we tend to blend things together. I can not say Flying Fairy is actually good from the view point of experience. However from the view point of anticipation, I'm convinced that there is a good chance I will enjoy the game. Experience, Anticipation. Two different things.

In any case, hype can be a worrying thing. I worry that some people only like a game because they haven't played it. I worry that some people will be extra harsh on a game because it didn't live up up to their unrealistic expectations.
---
"Oh five spirits that rule the world, give me strength!"- Judy (Unlimited SaGa)
#35badboyPosted 12/26/2012 8:38:07 AM
It's even sillier to declare it as bad without playing it.
#36kimimiPosted 12/26/2012 8:50:34 AM
Has anyone actually said it's bad? I believe the point people are making is that it's silly to act like this game not coming over is going to be the greatest disaster of all time if all your information about it is second hand.
---
http://backloggery.com/kimimi
http://kimimisblog.blogspot.com/
#37zinformantPosted 12/26/2012 9:00:55 AM
JunpeiIori posted...
Hey, Xenoblade was touted to be the second coming and look how that turned out! Oh wait...it wasn't very good. Hmm...

That's because there's something attractive about the forbidden fruit, the girl out of your league, or the trophy you never won. Once you have them, you realize your desires and pursuits were exaggerated.
---
Go to Gamestop, buy a Steam card, and use it to purchase Ys Origin. You won't be disappointed.
For more info: http://www.worldofys.com/yso/
#38ikilledkenny2Posted 12/26/2012 7:44:42 PM(edited)
JunpeiIori posted...

It's a good thing minority opinions don't influence localizations whatsoever

Like it's not really a fair shot at Xenoblade to claim that people were wrong or exaggerating when the game was indeed met with popularity and success almost all over the internet, including North America just because it didn't meet the tastes of a vocal minority on this board. Xenoblade is actually one of the cases where the hype created by the overseas fans actually paid off here because the game sold decently well and has received recognition from a large majority of JRPG fans and gaming publications for being an exceptional game. There's always going to be people who don't like a game, and it's a shame some of that minority includes a lot of very vocal people. But the fact is that the game was hugely successful and amassed a very large fanbase, living up to the hype set for a large majority of gamers.
#39Very_SnappyPosted 12/26/2012 8:10:51 PM
ikilledkenny2 posted...
and it's a shame some of that minority includes a lot of very vocal people.

Why?
---
My gaming blog: http://danongames.wordpress.com
#40ikilledkenny2Posted 12/26/2012 8:46:36 PM
because i like the game and don't want to listen to it, duh