Help bring Bravely Default (RPG - 3DS- Square) to US/Europe

#41JunpeiIoriPosted 12/26/2012 8:54:43 PM
Well that's awfully close minded.

I don't think it's unfair to assume that with all of the hype surrounding Xenoblade, that we could've reasonably expected a more groundbreaking game. I'm not saying it was bad but it was extremely tedious, dull, and had a terrible combat system. If you like that sort of thing, then great, but I think it's silly to assume that it doesn't have any major flaws, when it clearly does, and to try to ignore the people who can't look past those flaws.

Lalalalalala, I can't hear you! I don't want to hear any dissenting opinions about a game that I like, even if they are reasonable and rational!
---
PSN / XBL: JunpeiIori
Well, everyone knows Custer died at Little Bighorn. What this book presupposes is... maybe he didn't.
#42ikilledkenny2Posted 12/26/2012 9:08:40 PM(edited)
I never really said anything about whether the opinions are rational or not. Like I said in another thread, the complaints are always the same thing. I mean, believe me, the people who like it know why people who dislike it feel that way. It doesn't need to be beaten into our heads. Let's be honest, there's been multiple threads on this board(and not just this board, and not for just this game, I'm just talking about people who don't like a game in general) who feel the need to tell everybody why they don't like the game at every opportunity. For those who do like it, it's not exactly enjoyable to read.

Like, for example, while I enjoy the game, I REALLY don't like Mechonis field. I complained about it once or twice on the boards and then I was done with it. The vocal minority I'm reffering to are the people who need to take every opportunity to complain how the game disappointed them, which eventually gets repetitive.

Also I'm not really sure if most of the people getting Xenoblade got it for the reasons it was actually hyped for. I followed Xenoblade from it's European release, and all I ever really saw hyped was how the music was great and the world was extremely huge. It delivered on both those fronts. I honestly don't remember anybody talking much about the combat, because it's really not a major focus in the game. It's there, and there is some fun to be had with it when you get a fair amount of moves. There's also a fair amount of variety in the characters' playstyles. But the main focus of the game is the exploring, and that's what the game was hyped for. If you came into it for something else I can see why you'd be disappointed, but as I recall the whole reason Xenoblade got praised as groundbreaking was for it's immense world. I really don't remember anyone passing off the combat or quests as amazing or memorable.

If exploring is your thing, then most people who come in for that will probably love it. If hunting monsters is your thing, those people will probably love it. The appeal was never in the combat. It's like people who come into Persona even though they're just looking for another JRPG but don't like the school aspect, so they trash the whole thing. This isn't a game where the combat is the focused. The entire appeal is that you have a massive world to trudge through. if that's not your thing, then that's too bad, and you're giving the game a really negative rep for something that's not even what really appeals about the game. Just like how the main appeal of Persona is the school life aspect. If you don't enjoy the game's main draw, you're probably not going to enjoy playing much else about it.
#43KrisenaPosted 12/27/2012 2:00:19 AM
I think people should be able to freely express their opinions, even on the game boards. :(

If you don't agree with them, argue against them (it's one of the things boards are for). If you don't like them, ignore them.
---
Don't ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive and then go do that. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.
#44loosingENDS(Topic Creator)Posted 12/29/2012 1:04:14 PM
badboy posted...
All the Bravest will be eventually released, don't worry.

Even though they did get that name

1. we dont know what game it is about, there is a good chance to be BD or the browser game that is nothing like the 3DS one or anything

2. we dont know if they will eventually use the name and release the game, plans are cancelled all the time, even if they do exist
#45nofxnofxPosted 12/29/2012 3:24:23 PM
I hope it does come out because I would like to try it out. The hype of course provokes my interest but as usual I have done very little reading about it and I won't bother until something concrete about a release in the UK is slated.
#46loosingENDS(Topic Creator)Posted 1/4/2013 12:50:08 PM
Read the Famitsu translated review, they hype the game as well, it seems to be one of the best Square games in years

Would be a real shame to not be able to play such a masterpiece
#47badboyPosted 1/4/2013 12:57:25 PM
all the bravest will certainly not be the browser game for several reasons: 1. the browser game is a sequel, 2. it's a tie-in that unlocks stuff in the main game, 3. square makes social games in japan because they're very popular there, but it's not the case in the west.
#48HolyAjoraPosted 1/4/2013 1:02:16 PM
loosingENDS posted...
Read the Famitsu translated review, they hype the game as well, it seems to be one of the best Square games in years

Problem with using reviews is this. 1/3 of the people will trust any review from a given person (or group) as the gospel truth. Another 1/3 will assume they are all blatant lies. The final 1/3 will only trust the reviews that tell them what they want to hear. As such Famitsu saying the game is good only means so much.
---
"Oh five spirits that rule the world, give me strength!"- Judy (Unlimited SaGa)
#49AmenonuhokoPosted 1/4/2013 1:16:55 PM
I would sign the petition, but I don't want to give them my address.
E-mail should be sufficient.

I truly do hope that it makes it.
The footage looks great and the 3DS could use more RPGs
Besides, I've seen too many great RPGs not cross the Pacific over the years; I don't want to see another.

But I am inclined to believe that it will make it.
---
Winners don't lose drugs.
CO, WA...We'll kill marijuana prohibition one state at a time if we must.
#50JunpeiIoriPosted 1/4/2013 5:09:59 PM
HolyAjora posted...
loosingENDS posted...

Problem with using reviews is this. 1/3 of the people will trust any review from a given person (or group) as the gospel truth. Another 1/3 will assume they are all blatant lies. The final 1/3 will only trust the reviews that tell them what they want to hear. As such Famitsu saying the game is good only means so much.

Famitsu saying a game was good used to mean a hell of a lot. Perfect scores were an incredible rarity from them.

Nowadays, they give perfect scores out like handfuls of Tootsie Rolls get thrown around at a parade.
---
PSN / XBL: JunpeiIori
Well, everyone knows Custer died at Little Bighorn. What this book presupposes is... maybe he didn't.