Help bring Bravely Default (RPG - 3DS- Square) to US/Europe

#71loosingENDS(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 3:23:23 PM
JunpeiIori posted...
Oooooh, 1,300! Man, the combined $52,000 they get off those sales will totally make up for the hundreds of thousands of dollars it will take to localize the game!

Oh wait, all 52,000 of those dollars aren't even going to Square, since I used the $40 price tag it will retail at. Even less money...yup, totally still worth it!

The petition for a totally unknown new IP is just to gauge the interest and not the ammount of potential buyers

And the interest is huge from those that actually know the game, which is the purpose of the petition and forum posts in Square site
#72JunpeiIoriPosted 1/31/2013 8:29:21 PM
Square already knows there is an interest. They don't need a petition to tell them that. Petitions for this sort of thing have never accomplished anything. Square has already decided whether or not they're going to localize the game. If they've chosen to, it's already being worked on.

Settle down. When the game is closer to being ready, they will announce it.
---
PSN / XBL: JunpeiIori
Well, everyone knows Custer died at Little Bighorn. What this book presupposes is... maybe he didn't.
#73loosingENDS(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 8:23:41 PM
JunpeiIori posted...
Square already knows there is an interest. They don't need a petition to tell them that. Petitions for this sort of thing have never accomplished anything. Square has already decided whether or not they're going to localize the game. If they've chosen to, it's already being worked on.

Settle down. When the game is closer to being ready, they will announce it.

I cant, i just need this game and its art

Has been so many years since something like FF9 appeared on the market and is out of our grasp and Japan only, which is infuriating

I just NEED this game :), i cant wait to see if they have decided to port, i must do something, even if it does not really work in the end

BTW, i bought the 480 pages Guide from Japan, cant wait to "read" it (which means to see the art, since i cant read japanese)
#74kimimiPosted 2/1/2013 8:28:46 PM
After playing a bit of the demo all I can really say is that it's very pretty but it's not worth this sort of hype. Looks like a good game and I want to buy it, but people shouldn't be foaming at the mouth over it.
---
http://backloggery.com/kimimi
http://kimimisblog.blogspot.com/
#75HolyAjoraPosted 2/1/2013 11:29:57 PM
The problem with petitions is that there is a huge difference between statement and action. It takes no effort to state that you'll buy a game if released. Anyone can do that.

However when it comes to the actual purchase, this is where you lose many people. Suddenly the need to spend money and such causes people to have second thoughts about it.

It also doesn't help that hype is dangerous. For one few games can live up to the hype given for them. Hype has us expecting games that are a 50 out of 10. Heck, I don't need to play the game to realize it won't live up to the hype. My favorite RPGs can't live up to the hype either.

There is also another problem. Love turns to Hate quite easily. All it takes is the game being 1% different than expected for some to decide they hate the game after all.

Never mind the fun of localization. Where some people will find any excuse to pass on a title. I'm not talking legit issues here, but stuff that's more along the lines of flimsy reason.

In regards to Square Enix and their policy regards announcements, I will admit this. I have never really kept track of the gap between announcement and release for most of their titles
---
"Oh five spirits that rule the world, give me strength!"- Judy (Unlimited SaGa)
#76Jag85Posted 2/4/2013 8:35:10 PM(edited)
Lord of Nightmares posted...
Jag85 posted...
What interests me most about Bravely Default is the writer Naotaka Hayashi. He's the guy who wrote the highly acclaimed visual novel Steins Gate, which was later adapted into an equally acclaimed anime series. For those not familiar with Steins Gate, let's just say that it had one of the best sci-fi narratives I've seen in a very long time... in any medium, let alone video games.

Really? I watched Steins;Gate and I found it to be alright, although I didn't think it lived up to all the hype. The first half just seemed a little too slow-moving for my tastes and could've been done in maybe 2/3rds as many episodes, although it did pick up somewhat during the second half.

Also, it's obvious that it was inspired quite a fair bit by Back to the Future, but I still prefer the latter trilogy by a mile.

I've noticed that whenever something is hyped up too much, a lot of people are bound to walk away disappointed. Luckily, I watched the Steins Gate anime before any of the hype kicked in. In fact, considering the slow first half, it was actually pretty underrated at first, so my initial thoughts were "why is this anime so underrated?" It wasn't until the more intensive second half kick-started, and especially once the show was complete, that it started getting a lot of great reviews and high ratings.

By the way, I really don't see that much resemblance to Back to the Future. If anything, I'd say Steins Gate has more in common with movies like The Terminator, Groundhog Day, The Butterfly Effect, and Looper, or from Japan, the anime Urusei Yatsura: Breautiful Dreamer, or the adventure games Yu-No and Shadow of Memories. Still, the single biggest inspiration behind Steins Gate was in fact an internet meme from over a decade ago, the legend of John Titor.

Nevertheless, nearly every time travel story since the 80s has been influenced by Back to the Future in some way or another. Still, apples and oranges. Back to the Future will always remain one of the most entertaining time travel movies of all time, but it's not exactly what I'd call "serious" science fiction. When it comes to "serious" sci-fi, I'd say Steins Gate is probably one of the best I've seen in a very long time... But then, I'd hate to hype it up too much and give people unrealistic expectations, since there's no denying that the first half is pretty slow-paced before building up to the more intensive second half.

Anyway, I wasn't just referring to the anime, but mainly to the original visual novel game. That's the version that Naotaka Hayashi wrote, and I've seen fans argue that the original game is even better than the anime adaptation, probably because it has a more interactive non-linear narrative with different branching paths, which the anime reduces down to a single path (probably by combining several paths).

Either way, Hayashi's writing quality is still far above anything Square Enix has written before, so that can only be a good thing for Bravely Default.
#77loosingENDS(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2013 10:39:08 AM
kimimi posted...
After playing a bit of the demo all I can really say is that it's very pretty but it's not worth this sort of hype. Looks like a good game and I want to buy it, but people shouldn't be foaming at the mouth over it.

http://gengame.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/bravely-default-ff-tgs-2012.jpg

Bravely Default Game info thread (english) with every bit of art - news etc about the game

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=510483

I cant help it

This is my most wanted game of all time right now\

Great old school gameplay, amazing summons, the best art i have seen in a game world, 3D effect on top of that art, nice charatcers and a job system, plus an amazing overworld and 2D map

This could be my top game of all time, so why not foam in the mouth ?
#78zinformantPosted 2/10/2013 10:55:10 AM
kimimi posted...

That's how I feel about the Rainfall games in hindsight.
---
Go to Gamestop, buy a Steam card, and use it to purchase Ys Origin. You won't be disappointed.
For more info: http://www.worldofys.com/yso/
#79loosingENDS(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 8:55:17 PM
zinformant posted...
kimimi posted...

That's how I feel about the Rainfall games in hindsight.

You cant judge a 70+ hour JRPG from a tiny demo though

This game for me represents what was long lost in JRPG masterpieces of old and could well be my best game of all time

Also all impressions i have read from people that have actually played the game whole range from great to beeing their bestJRPG title in years

Reviews are glowing too so far
#80kimimiPosted 2/14/2013 9:38:59 PM
No, but it's a better judge (or at least a more personal one) than just constantly parroting "I heard other people like it!" all the time.
---
http://backloggery.com/kimimi
http://kimimisblog.blogspot.com/