Which series will be the premier JRPG series in 10 years?

#71hailthorn(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 9:02:36 PM
Gaming_Pal_TEJ posted...
Their problem is that they aren't releasing games that most fans want.

Fans want FFXIII Versus.....so what do they do? Allocate resources towards a second and third version of regular FF13, and try to reboot their second biggest mistake in the history of their company.

Gamers want the world ends with you 2.....so they port the first one to the ios.

Western gamers want bravely default.....so they release the incredibly misleading "all the bravest", an ios/social/browser/whatever game.

Western Gamers want FF type 0....so they keep it in Japan.

Gamers want Kingdom Hearts 3, so they made 5 side games.

Gamers want them to make new games in old franchise...so they keep on ignoring those games.

I just wish they'd stop worrying about the mobile market and re-re-re-re-re-releasing the same game for the five billionth time. But you can't blame them when they can easily make cash off of these things. And they obviously are if they keep doing it.
---
CM Punk is a general in the ring.
#72Lord of NightmaresPosted 2/6/2013 10:00:54 PM
^

If they're making money, then why are were they still in the red last year? In fact, the titles which helped boost their revenues by about 7% as compared to the previous fiscal year were Sleeping Dogs and Hitman: Absolution, which weren't even developed in-house.
#73hailthorn(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 10:13:13 PM
Lord of Nightmares posted...
^

If they're making money, then why are were they still in the red last year? In fact, the titles which helped boost their revenues by about 7% as compared to the previous fiscal year were Sleeping Dogs and Hitman: Absolution, which weren't even developed in-house.

You'd think they would change direction then.
---
CM Punk is a general in the ring.
#74Lord of NightmaresPosted 2/6/2013 10:18:29 PM
That's precisely what we're wondering as well.

Their share price is currently still at one of the lowest points in the companys' history.
#75Gaming_Pal_TEJPosted 2/7/2013 8:29:49 AM
Technically, those two games are in house since SE completely owns eidos and its ip's.

Either that or we have very different definitions for what makes something in-house.
---
Hooah!
#76Lord of NightmaresPosted 2/7/2013 9:59:28 AM
Yeah, but the games in question were still developed (at least mostly) by United Front Games and IO Interactive, both of which are Western developers. When I said in-house, I was specifically referring to games developed by Division 1 itself, and not one of their overseas subsidiaries/partners.
#77zinformantPosted 2/7/2013 10:17:52 AM
Gaming_Pal_TEJ posted...
Their problem is that they aren't releasing games that most fans want.

Fans want FFXIII Versus.....so what do they do? Allocate resources towards a second and third version of regular FF13, and try to reboot their second biggest mistake in the history of their company.

Gamers want the world ends with you 2.....so they port the first one to the ios.

Western gamers want bravely default.....so they release the incredibly misleading "all the bravest", an ios/social/browser/whatever game.

Western Gamers want FF type 0....so they keep it in Japan.

Gamers want Kingdom Hearts 3, so they made 5 side games.

Gamers want them to make new games in old franchise...so they keep on ignoring those games.

This is fallacious. If it sells, some fan wants it. I'm in the boat that wants KH3, but their social games and Lightning Returns must be marketable to someone *not* me, else they would not go that direction.
---
Go to Gamestop, buy a Steam card, and use it to purchase Ys Origin. You won't be disappointed.
For more info: http://www.worldofys.com/yso/
#78Very_SnappyPosted 2/7/2013 10:44:48 AM
zinformant posted...
This is fallacious. If it sells, some fan wants it. I'm in the boat that wants KH3, but their social games and Lightning Returns must be marketable to someone *not* me, else they would not go that direction.

Might want to reread his first sentence, specifically the third from last word.
---
My gaming blog: http://danongames.wordpress.com
#79Wandering__HeroPosted 2/7/2013 1:56:23 PM
If All the Bravest makes Square more money than revealing FFtype 0 would have i will despair at the state of gaming
---
Click the sites these contain to donate to charity for free http://www.thenonprofits.com/
#80Jag85Posted 2/9/2013 5:23:55 PM
Dr Jackal posted...
I'd say either FF or a new IP that has yet to be created.

FF is still a huge name and as long as they keep making them, it will sell on name alone if nothing else. It will always be around and sell well.

But someone will create a revolutionary RPG series in the next 10 years IMO and with new technology it will be the new thing I'm guessing.

Yes, in the year 2022, there will be a revolutionary RPG where you use a VR headset to enter into a realistic medieval fantasy virtual world along with thousands of other players... It will be called Sword Art Online.

Lord of Nightmares posted...
Yeah, but the games in question were still developed (at least mostly) by United Front Games and IO Interactive, both of which are Western developers. When I said in-house, I was specifically referring to games developed by Division 1 itself, and not one of their overseas subsidiaries/partners.

In other words, you mean Square Enix Japan?