The Elder Topic XXVIII: Skyposts

#1CloudslashPosted 2/13/2013 11:55:41 PM
This time with added irony because this topic is quite "elderly" (started back in 2010 O.O) and the post count is probably "sky"-high now. <.<;;

I might start making this my theme, posting titles for games I've actually beaten, instead of merely what I'm playing. ... But then I'd actually be able to make a dent in my backlog if I did that, so let's not hold out hope for that.

Anyhoo, I'm sure everyone knows the drill by now.
---
"Courage is the magic that turns dreams into reality." - Tales of Symphonia 2: Dawn of the New World
#2Arc166Posted 2/14/2013 4:43:26 AM
Omg I get post 2 :D:D:D

Also found where to go on FF5. Learnt that if one char learns blue magic they all do. This makes blue magic actually worth the effort.

Why isn't it like this in future games?
#3DavzzPosted 2/14/2013 4:49:34 AM
Arc166 posted...
Also found where to go on FF5. Learnt that if one char learns blue magic they all do. This makes blue magic actually worth the effort.

Why isn't it like this in future games?

Didn't Blue Magic become a "1 character only" gimmick past FF7?
---
http://ontlogy.wordpress.com/
"Don't blame me, blame yourself or the RNG."
#4Arc166Posted 2/14/2013 4:56:21 AM
Let's see...

FF8: Quistis.
FF9: Quina.
FF10: Khimari.
FF11:??? this is an MMO. I don't like those.
FF12: Didn't exist.
FF13: Didn't exist.

So I guess so. This isn't counting the Tactics games though. They had it to, but were annoying as ****.
#5Kashell TriumphPosted 2/14/2013 5:16:53 AM
Happy V day everyone. Did you know that the V actually stands for Venom? And I'm not talking Marvel, but Venom from Guilty Gear! So, play some billiards or do some assassinating in honor of V day!
---
Those who can, do. Those who can't, teach. Those who can' teach, work for the government.
PSN/Steam: Growllanser
#6JunpeiIoriPosted 2/14/2013 7:31:13 AM
I think I'm going to go to work for Valentine's Day.

Does everyone here know that you can make reservations at WHITE CASTLE for Valentine's Day? Who does that? Also, I heard they gussy up the place for the occasion. How does that work?

Really, what woman wouldn't be pissed if she were taken to White Castle for Valentine's Day. Dude, you would've been better off if you'd just said you forgot what day it was.
---
PSN / XBL: JunpeiIori
Well, everyone knows Custer died at Little Bighorn. What this book presupposes is... maybe he didn't.
#7XeonGQPosted 2/14/2013 7:50:51 AM
So the new Mario & Luigi looks great. It's using a formula like Bowser's Inside Story, with 2d stages(which take place inside Luigi's dreams, as the game is called M&L: Dream Team :P) and a 3d overworld, which was a set-up I really liked in BIS so I'm glad they're using it again.

Also, Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D which was also announced is cool, but I definitely would have preferred a brand new DKC game for 3DS. But I loved DKCR so I might still pick it up if it a bunch of new stages and stuff.

And HarmoKnight comes out soon too, which looks great! I haven't played much of any Pokemon game(though I now own HeartGold, Black and Black 2) so I'm not that familiar with Game Freak, but I have played Drill Dozer which I thought was great. What a year for the 3DS this is gonna be.

I guess the only disappointment is I was still really hoping for a new Metroid game just for the 3DS. I would like to see another MPH game, but improved, with bigger, less linear levels and more exploration, with similar controls and the first person view, which I thought worked great on the DS.

I guess a brand new Zelda for 3DS would have been cool too. One thing I'd personally like to see is a 3DS sequel to Twilight Princess. It seems kind of weird that TP is the only Zelda game that either doesn't have a sequel or isn't a sequel to another console Zelda(except Skyward Sword I guess but that's still relatively new).

Anyway, the new M&L game made it worth it waking up early to watch Nintendo Direct :P
#8JunpeiIoriPosted 2/14/2013 8:05:15 AM
Screw the rest of those; THERE IS A NEW MARIO GOLF COMING OUT! Made ma day.
---
PSN / XBL: JunpeiIori
Well, everyone knows Custer died at Little Bighorn. What this book presupposes is... maybe he didn't.
#9darkrpgerPosted 2/14/2013 8:41:55 AM
JunpeiIori posted...
Really, what woman wouldn't be pissed if she were taken to White Castle for Valentine's Day. Dude, you would've been better off if you'd just said you forgot what day it was.

LMAO :)

Q.F.T.
So very true, Junpei :P

I'd, seriously, do what you said & pretend I forgot & do nothing at all *Before* trying to get away w/ something like a "White Castle Valentine's dinner" for my girl O.o

Then again, (not that it's unappreciated:) - she *did* kinda' go the "easy" way by getting me a (pretty generous) Gamestop gift-card as well as a few other more thoughtful/personalized things ~_~

- Back on the topic of meeting people from the site, logistically, at least...I guess that the highest likelihoods of me actually getting together w/ anyone from here (in NJ) would be:

1). OutlawDino - as he has a vacation home ~10 miles from my house,

2). Lechaflan - as he lives about 1.5 hours from me (less if I'm visiting relatives in northern Jersey),

3). JunpeiIori - since he comes to Jersey a few days a year for work (~1 hour north of me), and, I guess

4). might be, maybe, DrJackal who lives in a *very* BIG, neighboring state (meaning, depending on what part of PA he's in...he could be anywhere from < an hour from me ==> all of the way to, like, 6-7 hours from me).

- Fortunately, for me, these are all people here that I actually think that I'd enjoy meeting/hanging-out with :)

@JUNPEI: Maybe next November...

@Kashell: *AWESOME* B-Day idea...how long of a drive (off of 95) is it to ATL, btw?
---
Paying the Burnt-Bridge toll... "A lot of truth is said in jest" ~_~
http://www.vgcollect.com / check-it-out!!!
#10Gaming_Pal_TEJPosted 2/14/2013 9:41:41 AM
I just bought fire emblem: awakening....and like I thought, just a few hours in and i'm not having any fun with it....like the other two FE games i've played.

I think i'm done with this franchise.
---
Hooah!