Moments in RPG's that make you go "Huh? What? Why God, why?"

#1Gaming_Pal_TEJPosted 3/24/2013 12:06:44 PM
If you know me, you know i'm not winning the Nobel prize for "biggest star ocean 4 fan". With an extreme level of tolerance, I can.....watch the cutscenes in the game without vomiting.

This is a scene called "nappy time"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNauq6_9iP0

From an Americans perspective, it's a scene that shows how incompetent Edge is. It shows that he allowed a girl who not only looks like a kindergartner into his ragtag crew of misfits, but has the mind of a toddler.

From a British perspective, Nappy is a term for diaper. Edge allows a girl who is still wearing diapers into deadly combat situations. it also implies that she likes to have others wear diapers with her, and that she would spend time with her incontinent grandfather. Also, faize likes to spy on these "diaper party times".

How anyone thought this scene was a good idea is beyond me. I still wonder how they convinced the voice actors to say these lines.
---
Hooah!
#2JunpeiIoriPosted 3/24/2013 12:23:25 PM
Wow, that is just...unbearable. I hope the voice actress that did Lymle was forced to speak like that and didn't make a conscious decision to make the character that annoying. She makes the character sound like a drunk 10 year old.

Plus, that scene is also creep-tastic.
---
PSN / XBL: JunpeiIori
Well, everyone knows Custer died at Little Bighorn. What this book presupposes is... maybe he didn't.
#3shadowysea07Posted 3/24/2013 12:30:22 PM
JunpeiIori posted...
Wow, that is just...unbearable. I hope the voice actress that did Lymle was forced to speak like that and didn't make a conscious decision to make the character that annoying. She makes the character sound like a drunk 10 year old.

Plus, that scene is also creep-tastic.

so4 was totally made with pedos in mind. at least outside the shower scenes.

random little girls sleeping with a much older man that they don't know well.
---
You've been taking writing tips from stephanie meyer haven't you? oh you poor thing.
Nuns? Nuns threw soap at me? Nuns think i'm a bad mother?
#4SuperrpgmanPosted 3/24/2013 12:53:28 PM
Gaming_Pal_TEJ posted...
If you know me, you know i'm not winning the Nobel prize for "biggest star ocean 4 fan". With an extreme level of tolerance, I can.....watch the cutscenes in the game without vomiting.

This is a scene called "nappy time"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNauq6_9iP0

From an Americans perspective, it's a scene that shows how incompetent Edge is. It shows that he allowed a girl who not only looks like a kindergartner into his ragtag crew of misfits, but has the mind of a toddler.

From a British perspective, Nappy is a term for diaper. Edge allows a girl who is still wearing diapers into deadly combat situations. it also implies that she likes to have others wear diapers with her, and that she would spend time with her incontinent grandfather. Also, faize likes to spy on these "diaper party times".

How anyone thought this scene was a good idea is beyond me. I still wonder how they convinced the voice actors to say these lines.

I swear to ******* god, if I ever get to play Star ocean: The Lost Hope, I will never watch a single ******* cutscene in the game, EVER!

Seriously, I suffered through about 10 seconds of that video before turning it off. I don't know what was more painful. The stupidity of the dialogue, or the unbelievably creepy voice acting!

And really ,she's a ******* party member?!!!!

I've been saying for the longest time that almost every jrpg on the PS3 or 360 contains lolis, and while I knew that TFH had them, that is by far one of the creepiest ones I've seen in ANY console game!
---
Project Beat a Game a Day, along with my Daily NES Archive:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/563947-a-view-to-a-kill
#5chocomogPosted 3/24/2013 1:00:31 PM
I swear to ******* god, if I ever get to play Star ocean: The Lost Hope, I will never watch a single ******* cutscene in the game, EVER!

this is a good idea. it's actually a pretty fun game. i decided to skip all the cutscenes about halfway through the game. the best part is that they summarize what happened in the cutscene afterwards
---
https://sites.google.com/site/pokemontacticssrpg/home
Pokemon Tactics: The fan made Pokemon SRPG
#6alt_realityPosted 3/24/2013 1:03:26 PM
I just couldn't force myself to keep playing that game after a few hours... the combat was dumbed down a lot from SO3 and the characters were sooooo annoying.
---
"We running out of time!" Sigurd, Typogears
#7Very_SnappyPosted 3/24/2013 1:18:05 PM
Other than the atrocious voice acting that scene didn't seem that bad to me. The little girl has some kind of puppy crush on the older guy and he reacts appropriately. Seemed pretty innocent.
---
My gaming blog: http://danongames.wordpress.com
#8CloudslashPosted 3/24/2013 1:25:05 PM
To change the subject a bit...

The point in Xenoblade where Shulk suddenly goes into "man must not kill man" mode right after the last fight with Mumkhar. The psychotic gun for hire who murdered his girlfriend, destroyed his village, and injured Dunban for life is at the party's mercy... and now he wants to spare him just because he turns out to be human... and a NON-brainwashed one at that? And then later on he decides to spare Egil who is even worse but NOT human, plus has no problems killing Xord, Lorithia, Dickson (who's practically his own father for crying out loud), or Zanza? What the crap man. Shulk's morality makes no sense, it's like they did this just to troll the player and say "HAHA, u no get the satisfaction of killing actual sadistic villains who have might seriously deserve it, just ones we arbitrarily say you can."

I wanted to smack Shulk so bad after all that crap.
---
"Courage is the magic that turns dreams into reality." - Tales of Symphonia 2: Dawn of the New World
#9Gaming_Pal_TEJ(Topic Creator)Posted 3/24/2013 1:40:08 PM
Very_Snappy posted...
Other than the atrocious voice acting that scene didn't seem that bad to me. The little girl has some kind of puppy crush on the older guy and he reacts appropriately. Seemed pretty innocent.

she doesn't have a crush on him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dmvj2x3MQ4

"Innocence" is the least thing on the minds of the people who wrote this game when it pertains to little girls.
---
Hooah!
#10SuperrpgmanPosted 3/24/2013 2:21:36 PM
chocomog posted...

this is a good idea. it's actually a pretty fun game. i decided to skip all the cutscenes about halfway through the game. the best part is that they summarize what happened in the cutscene afterwards

Can you diable the summaries as well? because I cannot even begin to give 1/100000000000000 of a **** about what actually happen with the plot in any games containing the words "Star" and "ocean."
---
Project Beat a Game a Day, along with my Daily NES Archive:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/563947-a-view-to-a-kill