I own a Wii and a 360. You know what would make me buy a PS3 tomorrow?

#31CloudslashPosted 3/29/2013 3:05:50 PM
Noooooo... don't go darkepger, we still love ya :(

I've had enough of awesome posters leaving ;_;

Ummmmmmm... I actually like what I've played of Ar Tonelico II and Mana Khemia you know? And the PS3 Atelier games.

I don't completely hate NIS etc. I was mostly just making a pun based off something Yuri says in SH:C.
---
"Courage is the magic that turns dreams into reality." - Tales of Symphonia 2: Dawn of the New World
#32SuperrpgmanPosted 3/29/2013 6:23:58 PM
SarahFailin posted...
A new Shadowhearts game.

So in other words, you won't buy a PS3 something that will NEVER happen happens?

Seems kinda pointless to say something like this.

You might as well have said "I'm not getting a PS3 unless they remake Super Mario Bros 3 from the ground up, and make it an exclusive on the system!"

And don't get me wrong, I consider Shadow Hearts: Covenant to be one of the best games ever made, but you don't see me making a pointless topic wishing that they would make a direct sequel.
---
Project Beat a Game a Day, along with my Daily NES Archive:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/563947-a-view-to-a-kill
#33SuperrpgmanPosted 3/29/2013 6:31:50 PM(edited)
darkrpger posted...
Cloudslash posted...
You know what I wish though? That NIS/Gust/!F would shove it. You know where.

Et tu; Cloudy skies :(

...And, with that...I've had enough NISA hate for awhile - time to follow in Kimimi's footsteps/Later >->

Wait! Kimini left this board?

ANd yeah, please don't leave man. No one's saying they hate you for liking any company, they themselves just don't like them.

A lot of people falt out despise my favorite game in general, but like me, you can't let that get to you.

---
Project Beat a Game a Day, along with my Daily NES Archive:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/563947-a-view-to-a-kill
#34shivaPosted 3/30/2013 2:35:39 AM
darkrpger posted...
Cloudslash posted...
You know what I wish though? That NIS/Gust/!F would shove it. You know where.

Et tu; Cloudy skies :(

...And, with that...I've had enough NISA hate for awhile - time to follow in Kimimi's footsteps/Later >->

This better be a joke :///
---
"Hurry up and make me the star of the sequel!" - Super Zur confirms Guardian Heroes 2!
#35Very_SnappyPosted 3/30/2013 9:06:05 AM
He's kidding guys. I'm re-Fusion to believe he would leave because of one comment.
---
"I swear sometimes you need a ****ing lawyer to start a topic here" - Amenonuhoko
My gaming blog: http://danongames.wordpress.com
#36CloudslashPosted 3/30/2013 2:30:08 PM
I'm not so sure. I dunno if he's actually left or not, but now his posts are showing up as a lighter color... meaning he's defriended me at the least.

Geez... well, I hope they both come back. I left this place once myself, but started coming back once all the butthole trolls left.

But... what is this anyways? Both kimimi and darkrpger left with what seems to me like a drop of a hat. One wrong topic and bam, they're gone.

*is a sad panda*
---
"Courage is the magic that turns dreams into reality." - Tales of Symphonia 2: Dawn of the New World
#37HolyAjoraPosted 3/30/2013 5:03:55 PM
Cloudslash posted...
But... what is this anyways? Both kimimi and darkrpger left with what seems to me like a drop of a hat. One wrong topic and bam, they're gone.*

For some people that one wrong topic might be more along the lines of the straw that broke the camel's back. In any case, I feel like I need to say a few important things.

It's mostly related to negative nature. Here is the thing. There is nothing wrong with people not caring for some things related to RPGs. Heck, I have things I don't care for myself.

There's also a time and place to voice an opinion in a sensible manner. Now here is where the problem comes in if you ask me.

Some people take it to an extreme. They seem to have vendettas. They act as if certain games or companies personally violated them.

You also have the issue of people trying to pretend that their subjective opinion is objective fact. Which is really just a way to make your opinion seem superior.

It also gets frustrating how much "Red Wizarding" we have going on sometimes. It's as if the very existence of some aspects causes people severe pain.

Which can be frustrating when you like those aspects. Or at the very least don't auto-hate the aspects and take them on a case by case basis.

There's also things like the blatantly obvious. A JRPG with anime style graphics with pretty female characters is not meant for people who as mentioned earlier "Red Wizard" over such things.

There always going to be games not meant for each of us. If a game is not meant for me, I tend to just not focus on it that much. I focus on what interests me. While leaving what does not for other people to enjoy. As I'm fine with having stuff not meant for me.

Yet others prefer focusing on what they're negative towards That and some topics get tired after awhile. For example, I got sick of the "Everything New Auto-Sucks" topics back when they were done during the PS1 days.

Although eventually we went from PS1 ruining RPGs forever to being the last good system of RPGs in the mind of some. On a side note, with the PS4 coming out are we allowed to like PS3 err JRPGs now?

I guess my point is that sometimes the negative and vile nature can get frustrating. It also doesn't help that it can be hard to read the intent of some posts. So it's possible we might see some posts worse than they actually are.

Note, I don't demand people have to be ultra happy and positive about everything. Just that there is such a thing as going too far. Heck you can go too far the other way. Attacking people for daring to give a game a score lower than a 100 out of 10. Ultimately the key is being reasonable.
---
"Oh five spirits that rule the world, give me strength!"- Judy (Unlimited SaGa)
#38DavzzPosted 3/30/2013 7:45:20 PM
Sometimes I wonder why I stick around here when I

1) Won't get much discussion on what I'm interested in.

2) Seen some topics pop up way too many times that they get ultra repetitive and boring (HEY GUYS, IS ZELDA A ROCKET PROPELLED GRENADE?)

3)Have to deal with the stupid "anti-loli" crusades which is why I stopped reading Anime boards and now it's spilled over into RPG boards.

Of course you can tell yourself that people on the internet are just trolls and meanies and you should think nothing of acts of stupidity, but I think there comes a point where you wake up and realize the reward to effort ratio just isn't worth it, which is probably what happened.
---
http://ontlogy.wordpress.com/
"Don't blame me, blame yourself or the RNG."
#39Gaming_Pal_TEJPosted 3/30/2013 8:41:25 PM
Davzz posted...
Sometimes I wonder why I stick around here when I

1) Won't get much discussion on what I'm interested in.

2) Seen some topics pop up way too many times that they get ultra repetitive and boring (HEY GUYS, IS ZELDA A ROCKET PROPELLED GRENADE?)

3)Have to deal with the stupid "anti-loli" crusades which is why I stopped reading Anime boards and now it's spilled over into RPG boards.

Of course you can tell yourself that people on the internet are just trolls and meanies and you should think nothing of acts of stupidity, but I think there comes a point where you wake up and realize the reward to effort ratio just isn't worth it, which is probably what happened.

I come here because there are plenty of people I get along really well with.

That, and this might be the most civil board I have seen in the years I have spent on this site.

There are no console flamewars. There are very few topics that quickly become filled with malice trolling and hatred. there's more "meaningful discussion" than 99% of gamefaqs boards I have been to.

This is really just a place to chill. I don't have to worry about making a topic, checking back in 5 minutes finding twenty posts made by 13 year olds using broken English and insulting my mother or "owning me" with internet memes that were dated in 2004.

I can be silly, I can be serious, and there are very few "STOP HAVING FUN" posters here.
---
Hooah!
#40AmenonuhokoPosted 3/31/2013 7:22:09 AM
I completely understand the need to take a vacation from here to preserve one's opinion of the board as a whole.
It's often the little things that drive us to the most extreme behavior and sometimes it's best to just sit out a few rounds before becoming cynical enough to start lashing out, which I've been guilty of myself.

I'll admit that I've thought of leaving because of particularly pedantic inquiries concerning what I believe to be contextually clear terminology.

And also back during the Giga days, but somebody figured out how to run him away ;)

But I often skip months at a time away from here anyway and most of the times I have been here, I haven't been that invested in the topics.
---
Winners don't lose drugs.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." Hunter S. Thompson