E3 RPEE Information Thread

#1CreekCoPosted 6/9/2013 6:46:38 PM
Tomorrow's E3! Unlike most other years, I have almost no idea what to expect tomorrow. Spike has TV coverage from about noon tomorrow through 5:30 pm. Spike does tend to run over a little bit so if you have to TiVo it, you might want to set the timer a couple of minutes late.

I have no idea what Microsoft is going to have to say for themselves. Nintendo will probably have some sort of project (SMT v FE would be awesome). Sony is where I would expect most of the positive news to be tomorrow... especially on the RPG front. I hope Namco shows Tales of stuff tomorrow; it would be nice to see stuff on Dungeons and Dragons Collection along with Dragon's Crown (which seems like a spiritual successor to Shadows over Mysteria).
---
Hugh Douglas takes the Roy Hibbert Challenge and puts it down in 5 secs; when asked what his secret was, Hugh simply states "I just wanna party".
#2shadowysea07Posted 6/9/2013 7:04:21 PM
ha namcos not gonna show a tales game as they rather fill the slot with crappy shovelware like tank tank tank. hell I'm amazed they even bothered to show ni no kuni
---
Nowi: Hey Stahl want to start a relationship? Stahl: I don't want to go to jail.
#3XeonGQPosted 6/9/2013 9:42:18 PM
Nintendo's big Nintendo Direct isn't until the 11th, right? Sony, Microsoft, EA and Ubisoft have their conferences tomorrow I believe.

I feel a bit like a little kid at Christmas around E3 to be honest, I get all excited. :P
#4Nash HighwindPosted 6/9/2013 10:22:41 PM
I am fully aware that Konami will not announce a new Suikoden at E3 but I will still get my hopes up regardless.
---
"Dwarf armors are hard! Can you move in it?" - Dwarf
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v439/NashHighwind/Waluigi.jpg
#5ridalnae_drachePosted 6/10/2013 1:17:08 AM
I... can't remember the last time I was excited for E3. Well, I sort of can, and it was back when the Wii was a new thing.

But since there are consoles coming, I'll at least pay attention this time.
---
zundokodokodoko
http://backloggery.com/drachenmeister
#6SolasunPosted 6/10/2013 5:09:11 AM
I remember when E3 was interesting.

Some 10+ years ago.
---
"They're trees. Upside down. On floating islands.
The awesomeness is overwhelming." ~ crusader4him
#7JunpeiIoriPosted 6/10/2013 6:10:22 AM
Should be an interesting year. Gotta see if M$ digs themselves into a bigger hole and whether or not Sony is going to follow the same path as M$.

Also nice to see any really awesome looking surprises but my idea of an awesome surprise would be another Shadow Hearts, not a leaked trailer for Watch Dogs, a game I admittedly want but have already known about.
---
Where I get things done: http://legacy-control.com/author/cincysfleague/
Twitter - @TyLegacyControl
#8GwendalPosted 6/10/2013 6:43:47 AM
Nash Highwind posted...
I am fully aware that Konami will not announce a new Suikoden at E3 but I will still get my hopes up regardless.

It'd just be another pointless Tierkreis or Tapestry-style spin-off anyway, wouldn't it? A real Suikoden 6 would be nice, of course.

JunpeiIori posted...
Should be an interesting year. Gotta see if M$ digs themselves into a bigger hole and whether or not Sony is going to follow the same path as M$.

Also nice to see any really awesome looking surprises but my idea of an awesome surprise would be another Shadow Hearts, not a leaked trailer for Watch Dogs, a game I admittedly want but have already known about.

Remind me...who has the Shadow Hearts IP these days again? At least that's slightly more realistic than a proper Suikoden game, and I'd definitely buy it if they made one (if it was on a system I have, of course).
---
Currently playing:
Alpha Protocol (PC), Planescape: Torment (PC), Xenosaga Episode 1 (PS2)
#9Gaming_Pal_TEJPosted 6/10/2013 6:58:46 AM
I'm excited for the wind waker HD reveal. I was told that the images from the Nintendo Direct were just placeholders and the game does not look like that.

I'm also excited for Retro studios new game, smash 4 reveal, and mostly just nintendos conference as they seem to be actually focused on games.

I hope sony doesn't announce anything that might turn me off from buying a PS4.

MS could announce a bunch of games i'd want to play for the xbox one but it'd take a lot more than that to get me to buy one. Maybe if they announced that they were working with Kojima to troll the gaming community and that the xbox one has none of those bs "features" and that it's a consumer friendly device used to play games on.
---
Hooah!
#10Kashell TriumphPosted 6/10/2013 7:20:49 AM
Its hard for me to care about E3 these days since I can't access gaming news sites at work. By the time I get home I'd rather play games than read about ones that I don't care about.

That said, feel free post stuff on here you think I'd like! ^_~
---
Those who can, do. Those who can't, teach. Those who can' teach, work for the government.
PSN/Steam: Growllanser