E3 RPEE Information Thread

#171JunpeiIoriPosted 6/12/2013 6:55:41 AM
Dr Jackal posted...
What did you hear about Ryse that was bad?

The controls, since it's a Kinect game.

Crimson Dragon's controls were so bad, I guess they added controller support.

Really, really dislike Kinect. People defend it but it's just not a device meant for action games.
---
Where I get things done: http://legacy-control.com/author/cincysfleague/
Twitter - @TyLegacyControl
#172Dr JackalPosted 6/12/2013 12:18:40 PM
I dislike Kinect too. I have absolutely zero interest in it. From the moment they introduced it, that is when things went down hill for MS IMO.
---
Undefeated lifetime.
Currently playing: White Knight Chronicles, Metal Gear Rising, Far Cry 3, Xenoblade Chronicles, The Last Story, Ni no Kuni, Pandoras Tower
#173JunpeiIoriPosted 6/12/2013 12:33:47 PM
To be fair, Ryse uses Kinect AND the controller, but I've just read it's very basic and clunky, with no real depth to the combat.

Since Crimson Dragon had controller support added AFTER it was already a pure Kinect game, I've heard it kind of plays like garbage too.

I will say that if you ignore what the One is, Sunset Overdrive and Killer Instinct look to be real winners for the system. I know a lot of people are flipping their crap over Titanfall but I'm just done with Infinity Ward...sorry, I mean Respawn. It looks like urban Tribes with mechs. Meh.

I also wish I could've seen actual gameplay for Sunset Overdrive, especially since it's being made by Insomniac. After the Fuse debacle, I'm not sure how much faith I'm willing to put in them anymore.
---
#174XeonGQPosted 6/12/2013 1:46:09 PM
Dr Jackal posted...
I should have said older Bayonetta look.

Hmm, I think I kinda like the short hair better myself.

As for Insomniac... they really shouldn't have changed Overstrike into Fuse. That first trailer for Overstrike had this fun, campy feel to it that made it really stand out. I only played a bit of Fuse before stopping. It was just so generic and bland.
#175JunpeiIoriPosted 6/12/2013 2:10:40 PM
I know. I remember seeing the original trailer for Overstrike at E3 a few years back and going, "Wow, that looks really cool!" Publisher hands sullied it and we got another generic shoot-fest.

If you want to make a shoot-fest, great! I support that goal, but with a market as over-saturated as the one you're *ahem* GUNNING for, you really have to make your game unique, special, and damn sharp. Overstrike at least had some uniqueness but that was all gone once Fuse took over.
---
#176Kashell TriumphPosted 6/12/2013 3:01:04 PM
I blink and we are at 18 pages. @.@
---
Those who can, do. Those who can't, teach. Those who can' teach, work for the government.
PSN/Steam: Growllanser
#177AlexMCSPosted 6/12/2013 3:13:50 PM
kash 50 posts per page plz.
---
PSN: AlexAMCS
" "
#178XeonGQPosted 6/12/2013 3:59:41 PM
JunpeiIori posted...
I know. I remember seeing the original trailer for Overstrike at E3 a few years back and going, "Wow, that looks really cool!" Publisher hands sullied it and we got another generic shoot-fest.

If you want to make a shoot-fest, great! I support that goal, but with a market as over-saturated as the one you're *ahem* GUNNING for, you really have to make your game unique, special, and damn sharp. Overstrike at least had some uniqueness but that was all gone once Fuse took over.

Agreed -- I'd also agree that I'm a bit interested in Sunset Overdrive, but yeah, it would have been nice to see gameplay.

As for Titanfall, I'm not all that interested in it either like I mentioned before(there's already so many online shooters it'd take quite a bit to make me interested in a new one) but since it's coming out on PC as well I might give it a try, maybe.

There was a gameplay video of Infamous: Second Son, which I'm really excited for to be honest. I loved the first two games:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Uibnf_Q_51s
#179Dr JackalPosted 6/12/2013 5:12:06 PM
The Evil Within looks pretty cool. I just hope it isn't your typical lame survival horror that really sucks and actually provides as many choices as they elude to and strategic elements.

Also, I like when there is actually a legitimate plot or reasoning behind the carnage and not some convoluted demonic story.
---
Undefeated lifetime.
Currently playing: White Knight Chronicles, Metal Gear Rising, Far Cry 3, Xenoblade Chronicles, The Last Story, Ni no Kuni, Pandoras Tower
#180XeonGQPosted 6/12/2013 5:50:00 PM
Hmm, I haven't really seen any videos of The Evil Within yet but I've been interested in it since it was first announced because of Shinji Mikami's involvement. I'll check it out though.