Which fan base is more unpleasable?

#1jfloydLunarPosted 6/12/2013 4:03:55 AM
Which one is worse? - Results (67 votes)
Final Fantasy fans
52.24% (35 votes)
Tales of... Fans
11.94% (8 votes)
Kingdom Hearts fans
2.99% (2 votes)
Zelda fans
13.43% (9 votes)
The Elder Scrolls fans
2.99% (2 votes)
Boston Red Sox fans
16.42% (11 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Others?
---
Currently playing Lunar: Dragon Song, Xenoblade Chronicles, The First Templar, FFVII, and White Knight Chronicles.
#2KrisenaPosted 6/12/2013 4:07:02 AM
Unpleasable in that they're never content, or that they are unpleasant? I'll take you seriously and assume the former.

Final Fantasy fans are never pleased, because they are so many and because the series has started experimenting drastically since the 10th or so game (which in my opinion is a really good thing, since almost no one does).
---
Don't ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive and then go do that. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.
#3Gaming_Pal_TEJPosted 6/12/2013 4:27:48 AM
Nintendo fans

yesterday, they showed off a lot of nifty looking games......and most people are complaining. bah.
---
Hooah!
#4Darkstalker_CvSPosted 6/12/2013 4:31:44 AM
What's Boston Red Sox? American Football?
---
The discount for this count discounts the discounts for this count because this count's trying to discount discounts.
#5Arc166Posted 6/12/2013 4:43:54 AM
Kingdom Hearts fans are pretty reasonable considering the games are spread about on like 7 different consoles.

Tales of Fans are very reasonable considering until this year like 5 games came to the west. Even less in EU.

Final Fantasy seems pretty justified given that its probably made of turn based fantasy fans and the series is now a grimdark series set in a futuristic world which is becoming more and more action.

Elder Scrolls fans eat up games which barely even work as games and even fix them for the devs. If anything they're too easily pleased.

So Boston Red Sox because I don't know what that is.
#6DavzzPosted 6/12/2013 4:49:37 AM
Suikoden would have been my choice if it were there.
---
http://ontlogy.wordpress.com/
"Don't blame me, blame yourself or the RNG."
#7Gaming_Pal_TEJPosted 6/12/2013 5:01:31 AM
Darkstalker_CvS posted...
What's Boston Red Sox? American Football?

baseball
---
Hooah!
#8shadowysea07Posted 6/12/2013 5:07:44 AM
the right answer is sonic. though zelda and ff are very close.
---
You are now dressed as the last video game character you played as.
Arogance1 posted...I'm a tetris brick lol
#9CloudslashPosted 6/12/2013 5:34:07 AM
I voted for FF but... I think the real answer is RPG fans in general.

Every other genre out there is usually happy just to get a good game, and they take the good with the bad. But RPG fans... it doesn't matter if the overall game is good, if it doesn't meet very specific criteria, the "fans" will anal rape the game to kingdom come. I'm not gonna name names, but suffice it to say that I can't think of any other genre where a game that's overall worth around a 7 or 8 out of 10 will be so thoroughly hated by its own target audience on a regular basis as if it were a 2 or 3/10 caliber game.

It's why I like this board too... I can openly express love for a hated game or loathing for a loved one, and not be afraid. Here, most of the regulars are good sane people who have the capacity for their own analytical thought. The honesty and variety here balances out the uniform drivel from the rest of the fandom.

P. S. Sonic fans deserve an honorable mention though. That's probably the most unpleaseable non-RPG fanbase I can think of.
---
"This may be a virtual world, but I feel more alive here than in the real world." - Kirito, Sword Art Online
#10GwendalPosted 6/12/2013 6:19:37 AM
World of Warcraft is easily the worst I've ever experienced first-hand, but I guess that's only natural when it involves so many people.

From what I've heard, the (old-school) Fallout fanbase is probably the worst around.
---
Currently playing:
Alpha Protocol (PC), Planescape: Torment (PC), Xenosaga Episode 1 (PS2)