Any games like Mass Effect?

#1neiru_3Posted 12/9/2013 6:57:53 PM
Any games out there with a similar feel to the Mass Effect series? Doesn't have to be sci-fi. I actually like fantasy settings more. Game with decisions. Games with good combat and some rpg elements.
---
PSN: Neiru_3
#2Gaming_Pal_TEJPosted 12/9/2013 7:00:55 PM
You might like the witcher 2.
---
Hooah!
#3k debonairPosted 12/9/2013 7:05:29 PM
Dragon Age: Origins

it's done by the same people.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site.
#4JunpeiIoriPosted 12/9/2013 7:24:39 PM
Alpha Protocol.

Yeah, it wasn't reviewed well and I can't, in good conscious, call it a good game. It's loaded with technical flaws and glitches, the shooting controls are pretty poor, and there is really only one viable build in the game (Stealth and Pistols.); but there is actually a lot of fun to be had with it.

The choice making, in particular, is some of the best ever implemented and you just can't beat a spy RPG.

If you get a wild hair up your butt, I say give it a shot, but Witcher 2 and Dragon Age: Origins are both really good and worth trying first.
---
@TyLegacyControl
She's my Rushmore, Max.
#5MaximotheladPosted 12/9/2013 8:05:46 PM
Yes FF6, and Chrono Trigger. Except they are better in every single way.
#6Lost7thPosted 12/9/2013 11:35:19 PM
neiru_3 posted...
Any games out there with a similar feel to the Mass Effect series? Doesn't have to be sci-fi. I actually like fantasy settings more. Game with decisions. Games with good combat and some rpg elements.

every game bioware has ever made
---
I ain't afraid of no ghost
#7zinformantPosted 12/9/2013 11:46:38 PM
Maximothelad posted...

Do you do stand-up?

Anyway, there aren't that many space age games on the market, period, let alone ones of this flavor.
---
Great games:
Y'S Origins, The Legend of Heroes Trails in the Flash, Phoenix Wright 5, and Pokemon ten (X)
#8Solar1214Posted 12/10/2013 1:53:47 AM
Check out Rogue Galaxy for PS2, it has similar themes.
You may like it.
#9Lord of NightmaresPosted 12/10/2013 2:48:04 AM
Maximothelad posted...

Thanks, I needed a good laugh.
#10CloudslashPosted 12/10/2013 5:03:36 AM
Maximothelad posted...

Chrono Trigger is definitely better, although not by a whole lot. And I don't say that lightly either, Chrono Trigger is a VERY special game to me. Although then again, so is Mass Effect.

FF6... maybe. I'm too tired to go into detail, so let's say that both FF6 and ME are really good, and call it a draw :)

Then again, neither game is that similar to Mass Effect beyond the fact that in Chrono Trigger you fight a massive, world destroying abomination from deep space. Although I suppose both have a decent amount of choices. Nothing like Mass Effect though.

You know what I'd really like? For Bethesda to try their hands at a sci-fi RPG in a similar vein to The Elder Scrolls and/or Fallout 3/New Vegas. That or Starflight 3.
---
"This may be a virtual world, but I feel more alive here than in the real world." - Kirito, Sword Art Online