Playing Final Fantasy VII For The First Time.

#41TanthalasPosted 4/1/2012 2:56:05 AM

MINI-GAMES
FF VII - 30+
FF VIII - 1

These statistics are way off.
---
Sir Markham pointed out, drinking another brandy. "A chap who can point at you and say 'die' has the distinct advantage".
#42SchlossRitterPosted 4/1/2012 2:08:12 PM
Uncleseb posted...
Well the jokes on you because I'm not. Every way the games can be compered objectively FFVIII trounces VII and that's just a fact, subjective things like the plot and characters I still think VIII's better so there is no way I can be wrong.

Um, you're the one who brought up the objective thing... Who's saying VII is objectively better?

Whatever. I'm done here. I was just trying to poke a little fun into the debate, not take sides.
---
`
Nothing to see here. Move along.
#43UnclesebPosted 4/1/2012 5:20:15 PM
SchlossRitter posted...
Uncleseb posted...
Well the jokes on you because I'm not. Every way the games can be compered objectively FFVIII trounces VII and that's just a fact, subjective things like the plot and characters I still think VIII's better so there is no way I can be wrong.

Um, you're the one who brought up the objective thing... Who's saying VII is objectively better?

Whatever. I'm done here. I was just trying to poke a little fun into the debate, not take sides.

No I didn't, read the the topic again. The ffvii fan laughed at how objectively wrong my opinion was which in itself is a stupid thing to say. then to prove they're points they cite other peoples opinions and sales to prove something. I actually liked VII but it was a big letdown because people go on about it so much I was expecting something better then most games I'd played. Whereas with VIII I was expecting it to be even worse then VII & it blew me away.

No wonder Cloud and Tifa sleep in separate beds she must not like sharing it with all the fans clinging to clouds nuts.
#44Jag85Posted 4/1/2012 6:46:42 PM
Uncleseb posted...
I was stating my opinion, if your gonna use words like objective learn what they mean first. You can't have an objective opinion on something you like or dislike its like saying you objectively like the taste of a food you don't like.

Well I wasn't replying to you. I gave my personal view ffviii is better **** the sales as I said by that reckoning call of duty is better then any final fantasy. Ffviii was a newer game and improved on everything you are an idiot if you don't think it plays and looks better. Im not trying to convince anyone that ffviii is better because by the stupid response and the general stupidity that ffvii fans are known for it would be in vain. Take the person above why should famitsu polls or game rankings be held in higher esteem? It's still someone's opinion.

And after all this talk of ffvii being objectively better all anyone's come up with I'd the plot and opinion polls. Well done ffvii fans keep up the stereotype.

You said "Every way the games can be compered objectively FFVIII trounces VII and that's just a fact." After so many posts, you've still failed to back up your claim by actually pointing out what these "objective" criteria are, besides graphics.

Also, your initial claim that "FFVIII is infinity better" is objectively wrong no matter how you look at it. Even just the use of the word "infinity better", regardless of what you're comparing, is objectively wrong in itself.
#45UnclesebPosted 4/1/2012 9:23:16 PM
Jag85 posted...
Uncleseb posted...
I was stating my opinion, if your gonna use words like objective learn what they mean first. You can't have an objective opinion on something you like or dislike its like saying you objectively like the taste of a food you don't like.

Well I wasn't replying to you. I gave my personal view ffviii is better **** the sales as I said by that reckoning call of duty is better then any final fantasy. Ffviii was a newer game and improved on everything you are an idiot if you don't think it plays and looks better. Im not trying to convince anyone that ffviii is better because by the stupid response and the general stupidity that ffvii fans are known for it would be in vain. Take the person above why should famitsu polls or game rankings be held in higher esteem? It's still someone's opinion.

And after all this talk of ffvii being objectively better all anyone's come up with I'd the plot and opinion polls. Well done ffvii fans keep up the stereotype.

You said "Every way the games can be compered objectively FFVIII trounces VII and that's just a fact." After so many posts, you've still failed to back up your claim by actually pointing out what these "objective" criteria are, besides graphics.

Also, your initial claim that "FFVIII is infinity better" is objectively wrong no matter how you look at it. Even just the use of the word "infinity better", regardless of what you're comparing, is objectively wrong in itself.

Of course it isn't you mongrel because I wasn't being objective I was giving my opinion that there is no comparison ff8 is far cooler and a better game. How can I be wrong if I'm telling someone I enjoyed it more?

Why not look at some of the idiotic messages ff7 fans constantly bombard people with regardless of the topic of board and try to enlighten them.
#46Emerald_MeliosPosted 4/12/2012 4:30:16 PM
Uncleseb posted...
Why not look at some of the idiotic messages ff7 fans constantly bombard people with regardless of the topic of board and try to enlighten them.

They've been among the worst fanbase known.
#47finaljayfantasyPosted 4/23/2012 8:38:29 AM
SinisterSlay posted...
And the most important. Which do people enjoy playing more.... This I cannot answer.

This. Every game that has come out has seen love and hate. I for one dant like ff8 at all but i love ff7 now that dont mean anything to anyone but me and ill never tell anyone they shouldnt play 8 just cuz i dont like it. They would have to decide on their own
---
SEN: death666life. September 19, 2011 is the best day of my life because of her <3 ily baby
#48KoolAssAssassinPosted 4/27/2012 7:25:20 PM
Emerald_Melios posted...
Uncleseb posted...

They've been among the worst fanbase known.

FF7 haters make me laugh. They are constantly talking about how bad FF7 fans are yet the haters are far more vocal. Yeah there are some ridiculous FF7 fans that make silly claims, but more often than not FF7 fans aren't that bad. Someone will say FF7 is the best RPG ever, and that's their honest opinion. Suddenly all the haters will come out of the woodwork and attack that person for having an opinion. Or someone will make a topic to discuss FF7 and there will be more people senselessly bashing the game than actually discussing.

It's just hilarious. I've been in topics where 70% of the posts were people bashing the game and it's fans. If the fans are the obnoxious ones, how come the haters are always the ones so vocal and push with their opinions?
#49Darkcloud20Posted 4/29/2012 7:50:35 PM(edited)

The only other thing I wanted to know was how FFV for the GBA stacks up gameplay wise. I hear the job system is really fun, but how is it otherwise?

The story is not all that serious so don't take it that serious. The job system is quite fun and doesn't get really broken untill you really grind for the skills or now how to set stuff up. The problem is that without grinding or knowing what to learn when it can get quite brutal.

Both V and VI take a while to get started at may be a bit boring in the beginning.

Overall I would say, that there is NO FF that I would call bad outside the online ones which I have never played so I can't say how they are but XIV seems to be a train wreck at the moment.
---
http://www.livestream.com/darkcloud1987
#50CitanKainUzukiPosted 5/1/2012 6:26:31 AM(edited)
Uncleseb posted...
FFVIII is infinity better, very cool game.

lolno

Remember Selphie's first scene where she falls flat on her arse? This sums up the whole game for me.
---
PSN: CitanKainUzuki
Now playing - Tales of Graces f (15 hours), Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep (90 hours), Mortal Kombat: Arcade Kollection