Dragon Quest for PS4?

#1Delavar14Posted 9/24/2013 5:30:29 PM
Do you think there is an likelihood of another DQ game coming to Playstation?
#2alt_realityPosted 9/24/2013 9:45:55 PM
If I remember correctly, there was a quote that said something to the effect of "Dragon Quest will appear on the most popular system at the time". I'm not entirely sure how this landed DQX on the Wii/U but this does ring true for VII, VIII, and IX if you add "for RPGs' on the end.

I think it could happen but I don't have any factual numbers on how DQX is doing and we won't really know how well the next-gen consoles are doing until they've been out for a bit.
---
"Don't tell me you knew this was going to happen from the beginning. Ooh... scary, scary." -Blue Testament, Xenosaga Episode III
#3SmacdPosted 9/25/2013 9:50:05 AM
If I were to be honest about it, and given that quote about the most popular system at the time, I don't think there is any option other than the 3DS for DQ11.

Regardless of the quote, I still think that either the 3DS or possibly the WiiU would be the next target. Not because they have any affiliation with Nintendo, but because of the development costs. I personally don't believe the PS4 is any more likely to get it than the Xbone is.
#4Dark ElfPosted 9/26/2013 8:30:29 AM
In Japan, consoles haven't been widely accepted since the PS2. Personally, I'm hoping that RPG developers will provide strong support for the 3DS (and Vita, if that platform ever picks up).
#5Gaming_Pal_TEJPosted 9/27/2013 4:30:25 PM
alt_reality posted...
If I remember correctly, there was a quote that said something to the effect of "Dragon Quest will appear on the most popular system at the time". I'm not entirely sure how this landed DQX on the Wii

The wii was the highest selling home console for the wii/360/ps3 gen.
---
Hooah!
#6alt_realityPosted 9/27/2013 9:55:02 PM
Gaming_Pal_TEJ posted...
alt_reality posted...
If I remember correctly, there was a quote that said something to the effect of "Dragon Quest will appear on the most popular system at the time". I'm not entirely sure how this landed DQX on the Wii

For serious? Okay, well there's your explanation and future prospects for the PS4.
---
"Don't tell me you knew this was going to happen from the beginning. Ooh... scary, scary." -Blue Testament, Xenosaga Episode III
#7Delavar14(Topic Creator)Posted 9/27/2013 10:38:08 PM
That's no fun. I'm not really into handhelds anymore since I'm in college. I really like DQ8 for the PS2 and would love for another to come to PS3/PS4.
#8Gaming_Pal_TEJPosted 9/28/2013 2:03:48 AM
alt_reality posted...
Gaming_Pal_TEJ posted...
alt_reality posted...

For serious? Okay, well there's your explanation and future prospects for the PS4.

Well, yeah? This is pretty common knowledge.
---
Hooah!
#9alt_realityPosted 9/28/2013 2:04:43 AM
Have you played Ni No Kuni? I hate it but I also rather dislike Dragon Quests and I got a huge Dragon Quest vibe from it. It's Dragon Quest meets Pokemon meets goobery eight year olds that is.
---
#10Gaming_Pal_TEJPosted 9/28/2013 2:19:37 AM
It's not much like Dragon Quest other than the cartoonish style. Even so, DQ8 uses akira toriyama art and NNK uses ghibli art.
---
Hooah!