Which Joss Whedon Character Death made you the most upset? (Spoilers - Whedon Ch

#1BCAM1984Posted 1/28/2013 9:33:00 PM
Which Joss Whedon Character Death made you the most upset? (MEGA SPOILERS All Whedon Shows) - Results (125 votes)
Tara - Buffy the Vampire Slayer
6.4% (8 votes)
Anya - Buffy the Vampire Slayer
6.4% (8 votes)
Doyle- Angel
1.6% (2 votes)
Wesley - Angel
10.4% (13 votes)
Fred - Angel
33.6% (42 votes)
Topher - Dollhouse
4% (5 votes)
Ballard - Dollhouse
0% (0 votes)
Book - Firefly (Serenity)
0.8% (1 votes)
Wash - Firefly (Serenity)
33.6% (42 votes)
Joyce - Buffy the Vampire Slayer
3.2% (4 votes)
This poll is now closed.
There are so many more - it was very difficult choosing only 10.
---
Romans 12:21 - "Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good."
#2zeldashiekPosted 1/28/2013 9:46:02 PM
By far it was Fred's. I cried forever after that episode. I was to stunned by Wash's death on firefly because it happened to fast and was like the characters. I couldn't let it soak in before they were all busy fighting for their lives like a minute later.
#3AmenonuhokoPosted 1/28/2013 9:48:04 PM(edited)
Wash. The only time I've ever stood up and cursed in a theater.
Anya came close.

Two of my favorite characters with the most senseless random deaths. Just came out of nowhere. No build-up at all.

Miss Calendar deserves a mention too just considering what happened to Giles afterward.
---
Winners don't lose drugs.
CO, WA...We'll kill marijuana prohibition one state at a time if we must.
#4YoRyanetcPosted 1/28/2013 9:47:37 PM
Wesley hit me the hardest.
---
Soft silly music is meaningful magical
http://followmy.tv/u/yoryan http://www.last.fm/user/yoryan
#5Volvagia_slayerPosted 1/28/2013 10:05:35 PM
Penny (Dr. Horrible) and Wash are the only ones that have gotten any real emotion from me (well, Jenny too, but more so for Giles than her). It's just rare for me to actually like the characters that he kills off enough and simultaneously feel their deaths were unjustified enough to be upset at their deaths.
#6rockoperajonPosted 1/28/2013 11:26:25 PM
Fred. Definitely Fred. Killing her was bad enough, but did they have to destroy her soul too? She doesn't even get to go to fluffy cloud heaven like other characters that have been Jossed?

Oh, by the way, she's not on the list, but Cordelia deserves an honorable mention. I got so excited to see her again in Season 5. And then...
---
Am I allowed to swear yet?
#7ShishioDunPosted 1/29/2013 3:29:01 AM
Cordy, but since she isn't an option I guess Wes. It's weird, he is my favorite character and on one hand it was really sad to see his story come to an end, but on the other hand after everything that kept going wrong for him it almost seemed merciful for it to happen.
---
"Were gonna get that precious ball." Mark Trestman
#8JolosGhostPosted 1/29/2013 7:02:20 AM
Topher, then Paul Ballard, then Wash, then Book.

Topher's was stupid. I hate any death that involves having to stand next to the bomb because <insert lame excuse why remote detonation isn't available>. It was especially so thanks to the fact that we'd been dealing with them developing remote wipe technology for the entire series. There was no decent excuse for him to have to stand right there.

Paul's was senseless, but it had a deeper thematic purpose that completely made up for it - he was loaded into Echo's mind.

Wash's was pure shock value.

Book's would have been so much better if we had seen how it happened. Off-screen followed by expository was lame.
#9ChickenBotPosted 1/29/2013 9:41:13 AM
Wash. I was in denial right up till we saw that shot of the gravestones. And even after.
---
"'Cause if we can't protect the Earth, you can be damn well sure we'll avenge it."
Tony Stark, The Avengers.
#10BCAM1984(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 12:15:49 PM
JolosGhost posted...
Topher, then Paul Ballard, then Wash, then Book.

Topher's was stupid. I hate any death that involves having to stand next to the bomb because <insert lame excuse why remote detonation isn't available>. It was especially so thanks to the fact that we'd been dealing with them developing remote wipe technology for the entire series. There was no decent excuse for him to have to stand right there.

Paul's was senseless, but it had a deeper thematic purpose that completely made up for it - he was loaded into Echo's mind.

Wash's was pure shock value.

Book's would have been so much better if we had seen how it happened. Off-screen followed by expository was lame.

^Topher chose not to make a remote for the device, if I remember correctly DeWitt said something about it to him.
---
Romans 12:21 - "Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good."