Rewatching The Sopranos...what characters annoy you? (spoilers)

#1JimiMorrison187Posted 1/29/2012 8:21:53 AM(edited)
Might be one of 3-5 shows I will watch as a rerun no matter when it is on, but figured I'd pull it out again and start at the beginning.

Scenes I always skip:

Any scene with Carmen and the priest
Any scene with Artie's wife
Carmen's parents
Meadow before she was actually hot. Mom vs. Meadow first couple years is herp a derp.

I will watch any scene with Adriana showing off her tight ass body, but likely turn off the volume for all of the ones where she talks about that rapper guy and her music management BS. Listening/watching that "meow" song from her old boyfriend's band makes me very ill.

While I watch the scenes, Janice amazes me how much she makes Tony look like a decent bro with the crazy s*** she is up to.

Have more respect for Mom Soprano as a character every time I watch it. Just insane how nuts she is.
---
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v452/Kwelity/avila2.jpg
#2RonWeasslyPosted 1/29/2012 9:43:30 AM
I never skip any scenes with anyone. I've decided to re-watch the series from the beginning. I love Carmella and Meadow's interactions in Season 1, and while a Hit is A Hit was one of the worst episodes in the series, I agree, it had it's redeemable moments. I thought it was funny how the black guy obviously only wanted to **** Adrianna and actually put up with that stupid song.

Yes, Nancy Marchand was an amazing actress, and I really miss her in the later seasons of the show. If only she was healthy enough for Season 3. I remember Robert Iller(AJ) said on the commentary on a season 6's "The Second Coming" that Marchand was sick all throughout the second season and she died after. The Livia Soprano you see in that one Season 3 episode is completely CGI. I'm gonna finish up my daily viewing of Season 1 soon, and then will start to watch the series week by week. Gonna do the same thing with The Wire. I wanna feel how the viewers felt.
---
Goodbye Toonami 1997-2008. Anime and action fans will never forget.
http://www.gifsoup.com/view3/1368250/yyh-2-o.gif
#3TheBWSPosted 1/29/2012 10:46:48 AM
None, honestly. Obviously The Sopranos wasn't afraid to make characters legitimately hateble, but when a show is as good as The Sopranos is, almost no character could bother me. As long as they are interesting and well-written/portrayed, I will probably find a character engaging.
#4Scorsese2002Posted 1/29/2012 11:06:52 AM
Artie's wife is the hottest on the show.
---
RIP Grandma
March 3rd 1920 - January 20th 2011
#5EnterTheTekkenPosted 1/29/2012 12:39:55 PM
Carmen? I really hope that was intentional.
#6sandude18Posted 1/29/2012 12:41:15 PM
I despised everything about Janice Soprano, but that's just the way her character was written.
#7ClayGuidaPosted 1/29/2012 1:01:31 PM
His son was nearly a deal breaker.
---
http://fullcourtpumps.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Skip-Bayless.jpg
#8Death_SpasmPosted 1/29/2012 1:56:37 PM
AJ is the only bad character on the show (bad in terms of boring/uninteresting)
---
Slinky + Escalator = EVERLASTING FUN
#9milkmanv1Posted 1/29/2012 3:16:47 PM
I don't skip scenes but I dislike Meadow a lot.
---
There is no knowledge that is not power
#10grandmaster2realPosted 1/29/2012 6:14:41 PM
Richie Aprile is my hero.
---
"Screw friends, I need more enemies. At least they'll admit they don't like you."