**Game Of Thrones** What happen to all of the Targaryen's ?

#1Flaming UsernamesPosted 5/31/2012 4:43:31 PM
It seems as if the only true living Targaryen is Danny....
We know what happen to her brother but, no extended family ? No uncles ? No Cousins ? Anyone have a quick over view of their back story ?
Dannys father was the Mad King right ?
How did he die again ?
Jamie back stabbed him right--that is why he is called the shame filled "King Slayer" ?
If Jamie killed the king--then how did where did robert baratheon come into play and why is he married to Cersi Lan and not Neds sister like he wanted to ?
Did the Mad King not have the power over fire ? So many questions.
#2eps_300Posted 5/31/2012 4:50:55 PM(edited)
The playlist has a bunch of relevant backstory and no spoilers for season 2, might answer many of your questions.
It tells the story of the rebellion from multiple perspectives
House Lanister
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llb1kHDfRRM&feature=BFa&list=PL130A01AA168160A0
House Baratheon
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScEI1ePXwzk&feature=BFa&list=PL130A01AA168160A0
House Stark
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMxq8ZoXtGM&feature=BFa&list=PL130A01AA168160A0
---
The Bible is like a software end user agreement. Most people don't bother to read it - they just scroll down to the bottom and click on "I Agree"
#3ClemsonFAN89Posted 5/31/2012 4:49:12 PM
They're all dead.

Though there are plenty of people with Valyrian ancestry running around in Essos.
---
Rudimentary creatures of bone and flesh. You touch my balls fumbling in ignorance--incapable of understanding
#4masterlouPosted 5/31/2012 4:51:03 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#5ClemsonFAN89Posted 5/31/2012 4:53:15 PM
#6UnrivaledKoopaPosted 5/31/2012 4:53:56 PM
Robert Baratheon fought a war against the Targaryens and won the throne by conquest. That's the same way the Targaryens came to power in the first place; by conquest. There may be other trueborn Targaryens somewhere (though Maester Aegon is the only confirmed one, who swore off his right to a claim by taking the black), but even if there were it wouldn't matter because Robert won the throne fair and square by winning the war.

Robert was fighting his war before Jaime killed Aerys. Meanwhile, Robert killed Aerys' son, Rhaegar, and Gregor Clegane killed Rhaegar's children. Aerys' two remaining children escaped, Viserys and Dany.

Lyanna Stark died before she could marry Robert, though it is commonly believed that Lyanna did not share Robert's feelings.
#7UnrivaledKoopaPosted 5/31/2012 4:55:09 PM
#8dragunreaverPosted 5/31/2012 4:58:11 PM
Flaming Usernames posted...
We know what happen to her brother but, no extended family ? No uncles ? No Cousins ? Anyone have a quick over view of their back story ?
How did he die again ?
Jamie back stabbed him right--that is why he is called the shame filled "King Slayer" ?
If Jamie killed the king--then how did where did robert baratheon come into play and why is he married to Cersi Lan and not Neds sister like he wanted to ?

There is one uncle still alive Maester Aemon in Castle Black is the brother of the Mad King
Yes Dany's father was the the Mad King. Jamie Lannister killed him. Robert and Ned joined forces and took the throne by force. Ned's sister died so Rober married Cersei. The Mad King just loved to play with fire, he couldn't control it like a fire spell or anything.
---
I bleed Purple and Gold.
#9Flaming Usernames(Topic Creator)Posted 5/31/2012 5:00:07 PM
ClemsonFAN89 posted...
masterlou posted...
actually right now there is another Targaryen
the lord commander of the watch
spoilers----
till the 4th book any way

Dude get rid of this post. The whole thing is spoilerish despite none of it being confirmed yet.

Ya i have no idea what any of that meant but honestly guys...No spoilers. Really.

What would cause the war anyway ?
The Targaryens do not seem like push overs--which makes me wonder just how did he lose the battle. Especailly with the Targaryens having a know relationship with dragons. Robbert really had guts to do so. I do remember Robbert talking to Ned and saying "You could have been King". I believe it hinted that all Ned had to do was walk and sit on the throne but he did not. If so--then why dose Robbert get so much credit for it ?
#10Untouchable_21Posted 5/31/2012 5:02:27 PM
Flaming Usernames posted...
How did he die again ?

She had tons of family. They all either died naturally, went mad, or were exterminated by the Lannisters. Tywin sacked the city to end the rebellion, and Aerys and Rhaegar's children were killed. Viserys and his pregnant mother (the queen) were rescued and taken to Dragonstone by one of the loyalists, who took them to Essos, and Dany was born on the way, and I believe their mother died giving birth. The loyalist knight who helped them died sometime in Essos, leaving only Viserys and Dany.

**Season One spoilers** The only other known Targaryen is the Maester on the Wall, who revealed himself when Jon Snow wanted to go south to help Robb after he heard of Ned's death. **/Spoilers**

Jaime killed the mad king, thus proclaimed the Kingslayer, and was rewarded by Robert for it (he was sort of brutal), and remained on the kingsguard. Lyanna Stark, Robert's love and Ned's sister, died during the rebellion when Rhaegar Targaryen took her, and started the war. Because Robert was king, he now needed to marry, and he was told to marry Cersei Lannister to seal a powerful ally in Tywin.

The Mad King didn't have power over fire, just an obsession with it, and he was crazy.
---
The Chicago Bears - Jay Cutler dominates
I recently watched Requiem for a Dream and mistook it for a comedy