Do you think Catelyn was justified? *MAJOR GoT spoilers*

#11bob3rt24Posted 6/5/2013 4:44:59 PM
paparazzi posted...
Two things: First, she said she would. Second, she just watched he son get murdered. She was filled with grief and anger. If she had been a little more objective, she might've used her as a shield to facilitate her escape but as it happened, she just wanted to kill something.

The doors are locked. Her son is killed infront of her. She believes her other two sons are dead. She hasn't seen her daughters in years. She was dead inside, and there was no reason for her to escape once Robb was dead. She just didn't want to kill something, she was going to die, and she was going to die by her family's words: Family, Duty, Honor.

She was justified.
---
I've lost my charge, I've been degaussed.
I'm on my own, I've been degaussed.
#12KalkPosted 6/5/2013 4:50:10 PM
If she had grabbed a baby and threaten to cut its throat, would people still say Cat was justified?
---
f(O_o)f
#13EveryonediesPosted 6/5/2013 4:51:51 PM
Kalk posted...
If she had grabbed a baby and threaten to cut its throat, would people still say Cat was justified?

A Frey Baby?
---
20-17
#14ChiroteraPosted 6/5/2013 5:01:06 PM
I don't think she was justified. You can't justify bloodshed with more bloodshed. That's part of what makes the series so brutal though.

That said, I get why she did it. She was horribly overcome with grief, and pain, and wanted to take revenge in any way she could.
---
Detroit Red Wings: #9, #12, #7, #10, #1, #19, (#6), (#16), #5
#15IamvegitoPosted 6/5/2013 5:19:14 PM
She said she would. She wasn't innocent, anyway.
---
"A day will come when you think yourself safe and happy, and suddenly your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth, and you'll know the debt is paid."
#16thronedfire2Posted 6/5/2013 5:21:45 PM
In the show Walder Frey was so close to the wife, Cat should have just climbed over the table and held the knife to his throat instead >_>

Can't really blame her though, she just watched her son and as bunch of her other people get betrayed and murdered.
---
I could see you, but I couldn't hear you You were holding your hat in the breeze Turning away from me In this moment you were stolen...
#17Brett8Posted 6/5/2013 5:27:00 PM
In modern morality land? No. But it wasn't particularly egregious in GoT-land.
---
http://www.last.fm/user/Brettyb16
#18Roook35Posted 6/5/2013 5:29:26 PM
I don't think so. But I think she lost her mind. It didn't hit me until the credits were rolling that it was an awful thing to do, because when she did it I was thinking 'why not?'
---
Killah Priest - "because ROOOK SAID SO DO YOU NEED ANY MORE REASON."
#19J1MM3LPosted 6/5/2013 5:31:30 PM
Everyonedies posted...
Kalk posted...

A Frey Baby?

A Freby?
---
"Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying."
~ Arthur C. Clarke
#20ThyCorndogPosted 6/5/2013 5:33:43 PM
it's not really about justification

justification goes out the window when something's done in "hot blood"
you have to think about what just happened to her and to everyone around her just moments before

she's not a robot, and she was desperate
---
Hey what's going on in this thread http://i.imgur.com/9VkxI.gif
My friend's YouTubes. She's got LP's and stuff. http://www.youtube.com/user/ratbirdchampion