How would you ruin Game of Thrones?

#1Sub TankPosted 7/3/2013 11:16:05 AM(edited)
I'd have the series end with a movie that takes place in modern times, 4000 years into the future, where the events in GoT are labeled as ancient history and mythology.

The protagonist Fred Stark (Shia LaBeouf) and his mentor Tyrone Lannaster (Will Smith) are attempting to uncover their family's lineage, when they discover an ancient artifact that is wanted by R'hollor Corp, military grade weapons manufacturer with ties to the illuminati. They want the artifact to resurrect magic in the modern world, which would give them incredible power. The plot twist is that when they finally activate it, they create a time portal into the past, and they are transformed into white walkers. Shia LaBeouf and Will Smith now have to go back in time to save Westeros before it is destroyed.
---
"...on a ps3 a realalistic looking megaman with a huge universe to explore rag dog physics." - Djmidnight1
#2CzarcasmPosted 7/3/2013 11:35:39 AM
The show? I'd let book purists run it. Show would be cancelled within a season.

The books? I'd make the next two books like the last two books (not that I'm not a fan of the last two books, but if The Winds of Winter continues their trend...).
---
http://tinyurl.com/8rtl78h
#3KingInTheNorthPosted 7/3/2013 2:42:03 PM

Yeah, I'd hate for the show to actually use the story lines from that book that actually work and fit into an overarching narrative instead of changing small details and making up **** for no reason.
---
~The Young Wolf~
#4KalkPosted 7/3/2013 2:46:36 PM
Kill half the characters on the show for no reason at all.
---
f(O_o)f
#5ExeggcutePosted 7/3/2013 3:14:51 PM
Make Joffrey and Cersei have a love scene. People would turn off the TV so fast...
---
There are six of us
#6CzarcasmPosted 7/3/2013 4:04:56 PM(edited)
KingInTheNorth posted...

Yeah, I'd hate for the show to actually use the story lines from that book that actually work and fit into an overarching narrative instead of changing small details and making up **** for no reason.

Spare me the bull**** and the hyperbole. A Song of Ice & Fire book purists might be the worst of any fan-dom I've ever seen. I read the books back in 2003, and have been a fan myself ever since, but I also just so happen to understand the film-making process. None of the story lines in the show have been drastically changed, whatsoever. It's a remarkably close adaptation, all things considered. Thinking like yours would undoubtedly A.) Make for bad television (speaking overall), and B.) Result in cancellation.

In other words, your post reads like this: "Wah! My favorite "small details" from the book aren't in the show! I demand every minor character, every sub-plot, every location, and absolute fidelity to the text."
---
http://tinyurl.com/8rtl78h
#7The Vic ViperPosted 7/3/2013 4:20:46 PM
Normally, I'd say "kill 'em all", but since it's GoT, I'll change it to "let 'em all live".
---
~ The Vic Viper ~
"I have nightmares about hell, where all I do is add up numbers and try to have conversations with people like you."
#8Solid_SchmittyPosted 7/3/2013 4:55:15 PM
I would just make it so that you never see more than 7 minutes of each character in each episode so that way i could draw out a one episode plot into a whole season.... oh wait... they already did that...
#9iknoweverythingPosted 7/3/2013 7:40:23 PM
Dragonballs.
---
every time you argue with me, you'll be wrong. wasting the time is your own choice.
#10HumpaPosted 7/4/2013 1:28:44 AM
joffrey x arya
---
||*|-|*||..||*|||*||..||*\\//*||..||***)).//*\\ LAKERS
||_|-|_||.|| __||..||_|\/|_||.||***.//_/\_\\LEGIT