Did Skyler really have to...*spoilers*

#1iron_defensePosted 7/3/2013 4:15:05 PM
Give Ted the money and bail him out? Her reasoning behind getting Ted out of the hot water made no sense to me. The IRS could have audited her too, but would she really been brought up on criminal charges? Would Walt have been discovered if she didn't use his money to pay off the IRS? I just can't see how the two are connected. I REALLY don't think she had any reason to give the money to Ted.
---
"Give a man a gun he can rob a bank. Give a man a bank he can rob the world"-Victoria Grant.
#2L0ck0n90Posted 7/3/2013 4:35:21 PM
It's Skyler. Her whole purpose is to make stupid decisions and be annoying.

Incoming Skyler defense force in 3..2..1
#3VlayerPosted 7/3/2013 4:38:34 PM
The way I understood it, is that she was worried that the IRS would investigate her if Ted refused to pay them. Being investigated would run the risk of being caught in their other lies such as the car wash and the money laundering.
---
Now the story of a family whose future was abruptly cancelled, and the one fan who had no desire, but for it to keep going. It's S4 of Arrested Development!
#4MC_BatCommanderPosted 7/3/2013 6:33:47 PM
She didn't want to get caught because she cooked his books
---
#5rockoperajonPosted 7/6/2013 2:40:20 PM
Even if you don't like Skylar, it's hard to blame her for trying to get Ted off the hook with the IRS. Skylar is pretty much in charge of the money for a small criminal empire! Just one scrap of evidence that links her to even the slightest bit of criminal activity could bring everything crashing down. Remember, (and they even bring this up in the show) Al Capone, one of the most infamous gangsters in American history, was finally stopped because he didn't pay his taxes.

They would almost definitely link the book-cooking to her, and then they would probably want to take a closer look at the finances of the car wash. Oh, and also, how did they afford the car wash to begin with? If they believe the lie she told, that it came from gambling instead of meth, they'd still be in trouble for making so much money from illegal gambling.

Keep in mind also, that as far as Skylar knew at this point, Walt hadn't been "fired" yet, and would keep on bringing in several hundred thousand dollars a week. The 600,000 she gave to Ted was supposed to be just a drop in a bucket.

So, even if you hate Skylar, you must admit that her reasoning was actually pretty sound here.
---
Am I allowed to swear yet?
#6JolosGhostPosted 7/6/2013 3:01:55 PM
L0ck0n90 posted...
It's Skyler. Her whole purpose is to make stupid decisions and be annoying.

Incoming Skyler defense force in 3..2..1

You know your argument is idiotic because you have to put a warning label on it. Yes, the writers intentions are for her to be stupid and annoying. You cracked the case wide open. Congratulations. You solved the show. Now please stop watching it.
---
"It 's pretentious to say a black child growing up in America is "mimicking" white people unless they speak like Lil Wayne." ~ De Evolution
#7JolosGhostPosted 7/6/2013 3:03:37 PM
rockoperajon posted...
Even if you don't like Skylar, it's hard to blame her for trying to get Ted off the hook with the IRS. Skylar is pretty much in charge of the money for a small criminal empire! Just one scrap of evidence that links her to even the slightest bit of criminal activity could bring everything crashing down. Remember, (and they even bring this up in the show) Al Capone, one of the most infamous gangsters in American history, was finally stopped because he didn't pay his taxes.

They would almost definitely link the book-cooking to her, and then they would probably want to take a closer look at the finances of the car wash. Oh, and also, how did they afford the car wash to begin with? If they believe the lie she told, that it came from gambling instead of meth, they'd still be in trouble for making so much money from illegal gambling.

Keep in mind also, that as far as Skylar knew at this point, Walt hadn't been "fired" yet, and would keep on bringing in several hundred thousand dollars a week. The 600,000 she gave to Ted was supposed to be just a drop in a bucket.

So, even if you hate Skylar, you must admit that her reasoning was actually pretty sound here.

You expect too much from Skyler haters. I used to try to reason with them, but all they do is spew illogical conclusions peppered with misogyny, prefaced by, "You're probably gonna call me a misogynist (LOL), but this is why Skyler is stupid..."
---
"It 's pretentious to say a black child growing up in America is "mimicking" white people unless they speak like Lil Wayne." ~ De Evolution
#8KronoCloudPosted 7/6/2013 5:07:28 PM
She CLEARLY explains why in the show.

Any sort of IRS investigation would bring up a potential buttload of questions about how they obtain their current income.

What's so hard to understand about that?
---
Musical output: soundcloud.com/jayphilly
dotwav.blogspot.com
#9_Chalky_WhitePosted 7/6/2013 5:35:39 PM
I'm a Skyler hater who thinks Ted didn't leave her any choice but to do what she did. I just break y'all's minds?
---
http://i.imgur.com/Gck2zbk.png
#10CerebornPosted 7/6/2013 5:35:40 PM
You know how sometimes people transporting thousands of dollars worth of illegal drugs on the highway get pulled over because they have a broken taillight? She's trying to avoid that.
---
http://www.magxone.com/uploads/2011/02/Michelle-Trachtenberg-Maxim-3.jpg
The incomparable Michelle Trachtenberg