Do we have any idea why Hank and Marie never had kids?

#1casedawgzPosted 8/24/2013 7:24:59 AM
She loves Skylers kids like they're her own, so it can't be that she doesn't like kids. Infertility?
---
Official Justin Gabriel mark of the PWB
#2EscaSyraPosted 8/24/2013 7:36:49 AM(edited)
They never get past foreplay. Marie is too good with her hands. It's all said and done once her rosy palms go to town.
---
LoL IGN: CakeEsco
PSN: CougheeCake
#3RonWeasslyPosted 8/24/2013 7:43:15 AM
So Vince Gilligan and the writers don't have to overcrowd on the cast. Or something like that. Giving them kids would have been too much to work around. Walt's family is enough. I will say though, it would have been interesting to see Hank and Marie have a grown daughter in contrast to Skylar and Walt's son.
#4AntbregantePosted 8/24/2013 7:58:47 AM
Hanks minerals were his kids.
---
www.thebookofpdr.com. My friends site with bizarre web comics and a strange blog about the weird thoughts going on inside his head.
#5metallica1fanPosted 8/24/2013 8:02:43 AM
I kinda got the feeling from season 5 (the first half) that Holly would end up being raised by Hank and Marie. I dunno why, but when her and Flynn stayed at their house after Skyler and Walt needed time alone, after that pool incident, it kinda made me think that this is how the show would end--with Walt and Skyler dead, and Hank/Marie taking over as their guardians (less so for Junior, as he is almost in college, but still)...
---
"[I] [Am] [Th]e [O]ne [W]ho [K]nocks."
- [He]isenberg
#6Scott_Stapp_Posted 8/24/2013 8:46:52 AM
Probably because Hank knows Marie would be a terrible mother.
---
When my name was Kentai, my family would travel...down to western RI, where my name was Kentai. PSN: heysuess
#7AIwaysPosted 8/24/2013 8:56:10 AM
metallica1fan posted...
I kinda got the feeling from season 5 (the first half) that Holly would end up being raised by Hank and Marie. I dunno why, but when her and Flynn stayed at their house after Skyler and Walt needed time alone, after that pool incident, it kinda made me think that this is how the show would end--with Walt and Skyler dead, and Hank/Marie taking over as their guardians (less so for Junior, as he is almost in college, but still)...

Can we stop calling Walt Jr Flynn? I can never remember who people are talking about.
---
http://i.imgur.com/lY36LXN.png
http://ultimatehotdog.deviantart.com/
#8BlueRondoPosted 8/24/2013 9:21:24 AM(edited)
There are plenty of reasons to not want kids of your own other than "not liking kids." You know, like the fact that pregnancy sucks, and raising them is incredibly stressful and expensive, etc. Maybe the fact that Hank has a potentially dangerous job factored into it.

Hank and Marie pretty much have the best of both worlds. They get to play with Skyler's kids, take care of them from time to time, and watch them grow up - all without the major downsides and responsibilities that come with being their actual parents.
#9YoshiMitsurugiPosted 8/24/2013 9:40:42 AM
Because God hates purple.
---
Born in blood.
The Hurley Bird gets the worm.
#10_DannyPosted 8/24/2013 10:09:43 AM
I can't find the interview, but I remember reading that Betsy Brandt (Marie) plays the role with the backstory in her head that Marie and Hank were unable to have kids, but really wanted them.
---
GT: metsfanforever3
http://followmy.tv/u/dannys717